Elgin vs Q.P.

Think we're doing ok given the quality Queen's Park have. My main issue is the aimless balls forward as if they expect Hester's pace can get him on the end of everything. That and slackness in possession in defence are my two main concerns this season. Dingwall has turned into a great player, so much energy and has added some great technical ability to go with it this year.

11 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

They didn't get to the Champions League. We're on our way.

Hmmm.  Why was it they didn't make it?

Oh yes - I remember - unsustainable wage bill and they went bust.  I hope Queen's are being careful.

Even when fans get back into grounds they'd need to get several thousand in to pay wages surely.  The Hampden money won't last all that long.

4 minutes ago, Am Muilleach said:

Hmmm.  Why was it they didn't make it?

Oh yes - I remember - unsustainable wage bill and they went bust.  I hope Queen's are being careful.

Even when fans get back into grounds they'd need to get several thousand in to pay wages surely.  The Hampden money won't last all that long.

Hampden money isn't paying wages. Willie Haughey is.

Thought Peters and Osadolar offered something when they came on but we didn't really create much. I thought we did a decent job of winning the ball back in the 2nd half but far too many times were wasteful in possession. Hester could be such a good player but is prone to moments like that horrendous short corner and getting himself sent off, albeit I think the number of rolls performed by the Queen's Park player probably helped him get that second yellow.

Pixellot is rubbish and the camerawork was miles better in the last 10 minutes when an actual human appeared to be filming.

Overall poor Elgin performance against a very solid QP side who will probably improve. Too many aimless long balls from the back giving the forwards little chance to shine. Once again a totally unnecessary first booking costs Hester. When will he learn! After watching Elgin 3 times now I see nothing which gives me hope for anything better than mid table.