Elgin vs Q.P.

Normally one of my favourite away days 

Hope the streaming is better than Stranraer, I got frozen out of the whole second half last week, had to rely on QPs twitter feed for updates.

Now we're in the heady position of top o' the league surely, in typical QP style, disaster is just around the corner.

Hope our squad don't start to believe the hype, and continue to improve week on week.

Davie Galt stood out a mile last week, taking on and beating his opposite number on quite few occasions, and getting crosses and shots in.  Slater added a bit of much needed craft to midfield and  McHugh still has to find his feet by the looks of it, maybe the competition for his place will gee him up.

Our defence looks solid and more or less picks itself, midfield is looking better with Slater in there, it only remains to select the correct strikers from the pack and were done and dusted.

Elgin are normally a tough hardy team to break down at home, hopefully we can create a few chances and take them.

Get 3 points tomorrow and I think it’ll give the team the perfect platform to go on and maintain 1st place. Obviously we’re expected to win every game but we’ve arguably had the toughest opening set of fixtures with 3 away games out of 4 against teams expected to be at the top end of the table. Absolutely one of the toughest fixtures of the season, always been impressed with Elgin and the way they play. 

Would be tempted to go with Quitongo up top with McHugh dropped to the bench. McHugh just hasn’t done enough yet to prove he’s worthy of starting every game 

26 minutes ago, qpfc said:

Get 3 points tomorrow and I think it’ll give the team the perfect platform to go on and maintain 1st place. Obviously we’re expected to win every game but we’ve arguably had the toughest opening set of fixtures with 3 away games out of 4 against teams expected to be at the top end of the table. Absolutely one of the toughest fixtures of the season, always been impressed with Elgin and the way they play. 

Would be tempted to go with Quitongo up top with McHugh dropped to the bench. McHugh just hasn’t done enough yet to prove he’s worthy of starting every game 

Before you get too excited remember that our 2 wins have been against the 2 bottom teams. Elgin will be our biggest test so far. With no crowds I think that for most teams playing away is easier than when there were crowds.

Not been impressed with McDonald the last couple of games so would be happy if Mailer or McHardy replaced him. Defeat in Edinburgh was no disaster but we need a positive result or all that early season optimisim gets forgotten.

Would bite your hand off for the same score as last weekend. If we can win this and look back at three of our first four being away to Stirling, Stranraer and Elgin, and be sitting on ten points, it should be considered a fantastic start for a new squad. Two League Cup games after this would give us another couple of games to knit together, give some game time to guys who've been out/just signed. I think we'll really start to get going in the weeks following that.

15 hours ago, afca32 said:

Not been impressed with McDonald the last couple of games so would be happy if Mailer or McHardy replaced him. Defeat in Edinburgh was no disaster but we need a positive result or all that early season optimisim gets forgotten.

Some players have performed better than others but as a unit they have conceded 2 goals in 5 competitive games which is excellent. I can’t see any manager changing the personnel in defence unless he is forced into it with that record.

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Some players have performed better than others but as a unit they have conceded 2 goals in 5 competitive games which is excellent. I can’t see any manager changing the personnel in defence unless he is forced into it with that record.

I'm not particularly calling for McDonald to be dropped, I just think it'd be interesting to see how Mailer in particular gets on in that position. No point saying much more now he's been named in the team which I'm perfectly happy with. I've not seen anything from Sopel however to suggest he should be starting so hopefully he can prove me wrong.

1 minute ago, afca32 said:

I'm not particularly calling for McDonald to be dropped, I just think it'd be interesting to see how Mailer in particular gets on in that position. No point saying much more now he's been named in the team which I'm perfectly happy with. I've not seen anything from Sopel however to suggest he should be starting so hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Juan Arango?