East Fife vs Dumbarton

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Absolutely nothing in the two goals disallowed in the second half from the goal cam.

The first one especially, the defender just falls over.

I think Denny might have a wee jostle with a defender for the second, but that's only from slowing and watching him and not Morgyn that I noticed that. If it's been disallowed for Morgyn and (I think) Craig Watson at the far post though then that's a bit of a shambles. Would a penalty be given if that was the other way round? Would anyone have even claimed if it was the other way round? I can't see it.

There looks to be nothing in the first one at all. Based on that angle, that's the one I'd be more disappointed about. I'm quite happy to wait for EF's other angles though. Think they had another GoPro and a couple of stand cameras, so maybe something happened that our GoPro didn't pick up.

17 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I think Denny might have a wee jostle with a defender for the second, but that's only from slowing and watching him and not Morgyn that I noticed that. If it's been disallowed for Morgyn and (I think) Craig Watson at the far post though then that's a bit of a shambles. Would a penalty be given if that was the other way round? Would anyone have even claimed if it was the other way round? I can't see it.

There looks to be nothing in the first one at all. Based on that angle, that's the one I'd be more disappointed about. I'm quite happy to wait for EF's other angles though. Think they had another GoPro and a couple of stand cameras, so maybe something happened that our GoPro didn't pick up.

First one is especially bad. The defender is already falling over before the two come together.

If the second is for Neill (as someone on here suggested) it’s a travesty. I think you’re right that Johnstone does have a wee push tbf, after re-watching several times.

Edited by FifeSons

5 hours ago, LiamA said:

When you see the disallowed goals they are clear fouls by Neill. Thing is if he didn’t foul both guys would have scored anyway. Any anger should be directed at one person

If the second one is given for a foul by Neill, it’s a very poor decision. If it’s for Johnstone, there’s maybe something in it.

First one is absolutely fine and should’ve stood (at least from the view of the goal cam, would like to see EF’s footage).

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Agree with that. The first one looks incredibly soft from that angle and I'd have been raging if that was the other way around. Looks like your number 9 shoves someone away leaving him alone for the second so that seems fair enough.

I like the goal cam and interesting to hear the players. I’ve been watching the Ben Foster goal cam on YouTube too.

As far as the disallowed goals go, I would say the 2nd ‘goal’ was quite soft. The first is unclear and the 3rd looks like a shove but will wait for the full highlights to clarify.

Our defending for Dumbarton’s goal was pretty poor, they had 3 guys following in the rebound which is pretty basic defending, hence Hart asking for some help.

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Fair play to East Fife for offering out refunds but I’d like to think none of our fans will actually take one. The lack of sound wasn’t a huge issue and it was sorted for the second half. 

Agreed, I was a wee bit disappointed with it as EFTV was great when I watched overseas, but obviously streaming to everyone in the UK as well brings it's own challenges. I certainly won't be asking for a refund.

10 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

On Forbes, I was speaking to Graeme Robertson at full-time about him, and he posed a good question. Ross Forbes was arguably main attacking threat, played a huge part in the goal and - on another day with a bit more fortune...and a longer neck - could've had a hat-trick and set up three. But did he play well?

He's always been a player who takes time to get up to speed, but given he hit the bar with a free-kick today (which we then scored from) and set up two disallowed goals from free-kicks, it does feel like he's slowly getting his dead ball eye back in. He also grazed the post with one a few minutes before our equaliser. I think he needs more games. But I also don't think he could complain if Duffy dropped him for Crossan when he's back fit. As it is, the idea of Crossan and Hamilton wide with Frizzell and Wilson in the middle is one that really excites me. Whether or not it would actually work in practice remains to be seen though.

I think he’s taking a while to get back up to full match fitness. For me he actually had a pretty good game today even if you leave aside the chances created. He played some really nice through balls that asked questions of the East Fife defence at points, one was picked up well by our man, another just needed Wilson to be a bit sharper with his run.

While Forbes got caught on the ball badly at one point yesterday I think he was still looking sharper than in our earlier games in the season. There was less of the mis-controlling the ball, or passing it out of play, and it looks like he’s dialled his set piece deliveries back in again.

My main worry would be that we need every element of our midfield four to be delivering to get anything out of a game and I think all of them can flit in and out of games. I’d stick with the 4-4-1-1 with Frizzell and Wilson making up the 1 and 1. Denny hasn’t yet shown enough to push out Wilson, or justify a change of shape to allow his inclusion. If Duffy does want to have the 4-3-3 as an option the players need to be much better drilled on their roles and responsibilities in that system.

I’m pleased with an efficient start to the season, but I don’t think we’ve played well for any sustained period yet. I’m happy with the number of points on the board though and so far it’s looked like we’ll give any team in this division a game, we’ve still to be tested against a Cove or Falkirk though.

Agree with others re the refund. Great of East Fife to make the offer but I won’t be taking that up. Every penny a prisoner at the moment and is lower league clubs and fans need to stick together. Always going to be teething problems but the EF team worked to resolve it reasonably quickly. 

Thanks for your comments guys, they really are appreciated. I know that my enjoyment of the result was tempered by the knowledge that we had let some folk down, we are perfectionists and it hurts when things don't go to plan.

Disappointed that some have escalated their complaint to Paypal which could result in us losing some credibility on that front but hopefully folk see what we are trying to do & accept some issues. The alternative is nothing.

Edited by LiamA

Thanks for your comments guys, they really are appreciated. I know that my enjoyment of the result was tempered by the knowledge that we had let some folk down, we are perfectionists and it hurts when things don't go to plan.
Disappointed that some have escalated their complaint to Paypal which could result in us losing some credibility on that front but hopefully folk see what we are trying to do & accept some issues. The alternative is nothing.
I share your disappointment, and I'm astounded that anyone has elevated this to PayPal. Whilst there were obviously issues, we received a broadcast of the full game and an Email of explanation from East Fife. IMO these folk need to take a good look at themselves.

In the current circumstances I’m not sure why any fan of a lower league club would behave like that. I make it to maybe 10 games over a season (depending on the spread of away grounds), but unless I’m genuinely busy with something else I’ll be buying a pass to see every away game. Obviously that gets me access to the game to watch it, but it’s as much a donation to the club we’re playing in my view. Every club at our level needs every bit of income they can get just now and some minor streaming hiccups shouldn’t upset anyone that much.