Aberdeen v Hibs Friday 6th

16 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

You've never been down, granted, but for reasons that Anne Budge could only dream of you boys have avoided expulsion twice in relatively recent times.  So, any chat about not being shit enough to have ever play in the seasides is a wee tad fanciful, despite what the record books say.  

Well obviously we aren't shit enough to play in the seasides otherwise we would have.

In 1958/59 we won at Ibrox on the last day of the season to avoid the drop, although results elsewhere meant it didn't matter, and the following season we won our last 4 games to stay up.

In 1968/69 we beat Falkirk at Christmas to give us enough leeway to play out the rest of the season just above the drop zone.

1 hour ago, TonyFerrino said:

You've never been down, granted, but for reasons that Anne Budge could only dream of you boys have avoided expulsion twice in relatively recent times.  So, any chat about not being shit enough to have ever play in the seasides is a wee tad fanciful, despite what the record books say.  

In 95 we finished 2nd bottom and beat Dunfermline in a play-off to remain in the league.

In 2000 we finished bottom and were due to play a playoff against Dunfermline and Falkirk. That didn't take place due to Falkirk's stadium. Dunfermline were automatically promoted.

So in other words, we have rightly never been relegated.

Edited by Illgresi

1 hour ago, TonyFerrino said:

I think that you may find that “what the record books say” is the be all and end all here. The only question that need concern you is,  “how many times have Aberdeen been relegated?” and not “how many times have Aberdeen nearly been relegated?”.

3 hours ago, TonyFerrino said:

Not wishing to steal Ewan's thunder here, as let's be honest, he's doing a great job of representing level headed Hibs fans everywhere, but 95, cough, 2000, cough.  

In 95 we finished second bottom and won the play off,dundee utd were bottom and relegated.

In 2000 we were bottom but it had been agreed pre season there would be no automatic relegation but a round Robin play off with teams 2 and 3 in the championship and bottom of the league with the best 2 of these 3 teams increasing the league from 10 to 12.

The fact brockville was deemed unfit only saved us playing in this play off not relegation

3 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

In 95 we finished second bottom and won the play off,dundee utd were bottom and relegated.

In 2000 we were bottom but it had been agreed pre season there would be no automatic relegation but a round Robin play off with teams 2 and 3 in the championship and bottom of the league with the best 2 of these 3 teams increasing the league from 10 to 12.

The fact brockville was deemed unfit only saved us playing in this play off not relegation

You're not going to get anywhere with facts, loon...

4 hours ago, Illgresi said:

In 95 we finished 2nd bottom and beat Dunfermline in a play-off to remain in the league.

In 2000 we finished bottom and were due to play a playoff against Dunfermline and Falkirk. That didn't take place due to Falkirk's stadium. Dunfermline were automatically promoted.

So in other words, we have rightly never been relegated.

Let's not forget our record in cup ties that season was brilliant too.

22 hours ago, ewan14 said:

Scottish Cup winners

and the Championship

The Championship 😆 Trying to prove you are NOT an irrelevance by winning a league you were only in as you are a yo-yo club? Embarrassment.

Also , you won the Scottish Cup after over a century, that is true. We've still won a trophy more recently whilst finishing ahead of you for around a decade. 

You also can't even beat your lower league neighbours 🙄

1995 shouldn't even be up for debate. The rules were set out at the start of the season and we comfortably beat Dunfermline 6-2 on aggregate. 

2000 is slightly more shaky but only slightly.

2 of three teams in the playoffs were to be in the premier.

Falkirk cheated and were rightly denied a playoff place.

The only debate is whether the 4th place team (st mirren if i remember right) should have got it instead. The rule was 2nd and 3rd qualified. The stadium criteria didn't affect division 1 placings, so st Mirren didn't qualify for the playoffs. So it looks like the only decision that could be made was made. 

Even if 4th had been unjustly awarded the playoff spot it was only a remote possibility that the Dons would finish third. 

So what happened in 2000 is the dons weren't incorrectly exposed to a minor risk of relegation . Not very banterrific. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

1995 shouldn't even be up for debate. The rules were set out at the start of the season and we comfortably beat Dunfermline 6-2 on aggregate. 

2000 is slightly more shaky but only slightly.

2 of three teams in the playoffs were to be in the premier.

Falkirk cheated and were rightly denied a playoff place.

The only debate is whether the 4th place team (st mirren if i remember right) should have got it instead. The rule was 2nd and 3rd qualified. The stadium criteria didn't affect division 1 placings, so st Mirren didn't qualify for the playoffs. So it looks like the only decision that could be made was made. 

Even if 4th had been unjustly awarded the playoff spot it was only a remote possibility that the Dons would finish third. 

So what happened in 2000 is the dons weren't incorrectly exposed to a minor risk of relegation . Not very banterrific. 

Livingston according to Wiki.

18 hours ago, coprolite said:

Bad call, i have a luscious head of hair. In fact there's so much it's started coming out of my ears and nose. 

I don't want to be mean to you because i think you might be like properly slow. 

Make sure you get one of these hair trimmers then

18 hours ago, coprolite said:

Bad call, i have a luscious head of hair. In fact there's so much it's started coming out of my ears and nose. 

I don't want to be mean to you because i think you might be like properly slow. 

I think you might be properly shit