Aberdeen v Hibs Friday 6th

40 minutes ago, TonyFerrino said:

The irony of an Aberdeen fan talking about irrelevance.  

Also if you see us as irrelevant how much does it hurt season after season to be owned by us (as well as your championship neighbours!)

Hibs fans insistence every season that they are amazing and are playing breathtaking football when they win 2 or 3 games makes you very easy to mock 😝

I thought that Fraser Fyvie was more than decent as a co-commentator last night. Nicely biased, but not overly so.

I thought he was very good. Came across very knowledgable and had a lot to say.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I seriously think that with a fair wind, we could challenge Celtic for second. A few things have to happen, but the most important one is that Celtic keep Lennon as manager for the whole season and they continue to implode. We have to be very lucky, we have to avoid any more big player injuries and we aren’t forced to sell any major players in January. Someone will no doubt repost this in May when we are fourth and 28 points behind Celtic.

Aye, but we can but dream...

5 minutes ago, Don exotic said:

In fairness Hibs have kept themselves in the record books with their regular relegation. Beating the **** in both senses in the SC final, although a solitary high point,  was a worthwhile contribution as well.

I'm happy not to be in the record books than to feature due to "regular relegation", thank you very many.

9 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Wonder how Hibs managed to grind their way up the league. They have some talent, sure, but their defence is abysmal. It says a lot about the current state of the Scotland squad that the likes of Hanlon and Porteous are even considered for inclusion.

Hibs have had more than their fair share of luck and the benefit of dubious refereeing decisions so far this season.  Notably  their last minute  penalty winner against StJohnstone  wihere the ref didn’t spot the foul by the Hibs player after Saints had a goal wrongly disallowed. Lucky to get a penalty v Killie last week. And Accies missing a penalty that stopped Hibs from dropping points. 

I reckon they’re about 6 points better off than they deserve to be. 

Edited by A96

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I seriously think that with a fair wind, we could challenge Celtic for second. A few things have to happen, but the most important one is that Celtic keep Lennon as manager for the whole season and they continue to implode. We have to be very lucky, we have to avoid any more big player injuries and we aren’t forced to sell any major players in January. Someone will no doubt repost this in May when we are fourth and 28 points behind Celtic.

I'm hopeful we can keep up with them both as long as possible. It would be brilliant if any points were dropped tomorrow. 

Something that annoyed me on Sportscene was Liam McLeod suggesting this was "Advantage Aberdeen in the race for 3rd place". While recent history suggests this will probably be the case... we're not even halfway through the season.

It would be really great if the potential for competition at the top was hyped up more rather than just accepting the usual story. 

41 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Since Hibs last won at Aberdeen, Aberdeen have won a trophy.

Like that?

😁

Have a greenie, that is a terrible record even allowing for the 3 years at the seaside.

20 hours ago, A96 said:

Hibs have had more than their fair share of luck and the benefit of dubious refereeing decisions so far this season.  Notably  their last minute  penalty winner against StJohnstone  wihere the ref didn’t spot the foul by the Hibs player after Saints had a goal wrongly disallowed. Lucky to get a penalty v Killie last week. And Accies missing a penalty that stopped Hibs from dropping points. 

I reckon they’re about 6 points better off than they deserve to be. 

It will catch up on them.

On 07/11/2020 at 11:26, afc_blockhead said:

Bet you cant find an argument against  anything i posted . As its true.

If we are irrelevant you are much more irrelevant.  Happier with that? Hibs 😆

Scottish Cup winners

and the Championship

Edited by ewan14