Aberdeen v Hibs Friday 6th

13 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I think folk are being a bit harsh on Hibs. They looked rattled after handing us two goals along with our constant pressure.

A professional job from us rather than Hibs being a shite team.

I agree with this.

Hibs will certainly win more games than they lose this season  

Good front line that will score goals but our back three were solid tonight and the two wing backs put in a power of work.

Edited by Sheep62

11 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I was cringing a bit. I know he's a Don at heart but you'd have forgotten he won a Scottish Cup medal with Hibs and left us in less than happy circumstances.

I logged in late and missed the first goal live. I didn’t know it was Fyvie commentating and with his past wouldn’t have expected he would have much to say worth listening to.

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 minutes ago, Sheep62 said:

Oh and on a separate matter, let's use the international break to get Wright onto an extended contract.

I'm not sure if it's you or DrewDon who is Scott Wright's mum. 

Only kidding. I'm delighted that he's improved this season. You'll have to forgive my cynicism though, because it's based on the 4 years of utter tepid pish that he's played for us. That takes a bit of getting over. 

As I said, he's much improved this season. But he's got to keep on doing it before I'll believe that he's truly good enough for the club. 

15 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I'm not sure if it's you or DrewDon who is Scott Wright's mum. 

Only kidding. I'm delighted that he's improved this season. You'll have to forgive my cynicism though, because it's based on the 4 years of utter tepid pish that he's played for us. That takes a bit of getting over. 

As I said, he's much improved this season. But he's got to keep on doing it before I'll believe that he's truly good enough for the club. 

He is a confidence player and is benefiting from firstly getting a run in the  team, secondly from the role he is being asked to fulfill and thirdly from his understanding and relationship with Ryan Hedges in my opinion

Edited by Sheep62

That was far more comfortable and more enjoyable night than expected. I've been very impressed with Hibs ability to get results this season but that was ok for the Dons tonight.

Brilliant start to the league season.

Willing celtic or rangers to drop points on Sunday and give us something to get excited about.

In the interests of excitement they have a duty;

Motherwell 3-3 Celtic

Rangers 0-0 Hamilton

2 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Can confirm if the grounds were open, I’d be back in the pub already.

You’ve obviously got in ma heid, because I was sitting not long after it went to 2 thinking the same thing. If the owner of The Butchers Arms is on this thread, he’ll be cursing this pandemic for costing him the price of a couple of lagers tonight.

It was very strange that Hibs completely failed to turn up. 

Aberdeen started on fire and threatened to make it all about Aberdeen.

Both teams decided to kill the game stone dead after 25 minutes which makes the whole narrative about Hibs

Kennedy generally did a decent job at wingback, albeit being conscious not to stray too far from Boyle blunted his attacking threat.

Being only his second game back, he clearly ran out of steam though as even giving the ref a reason to give a pen on the Boyle thing was headsgone stuff - could see it coming a mile off and was shouting “dinna foul him” at the telly - and given pens are handed out like confetti these days, surprised that wasn’t given.

His corners were a shocker too - some work to be done there.

All in all - fine enough performance - high press, two goals off mistakes and game management for 70 mins.

Hibs were very flat.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You’ve obviously got in ma heid, because I was sitting not long after it went to 2 thinking the same thing. If the owner of The Butchers Arms is on this thread, he’ll be cursing this pandemic for costing him the price of a couple of lagers tonight.

I’m not sure if this response was funny or I laughed due to the amount of alcohol I’ve consumed this evening but nonetheless I take this as a bigger victory than my team could have possibly achieved tonight.

The Butchers Arms dartboard, we will meet again.

11 hours ago, Don exotic said:

I logged in late and missed the first goal live. I didn’t know it was Fyvie commentating and with his past wouldn’t have expected he would have much to say worth listening to.

I thought that Fraser Fyvie was more than decent as a co-commentator last night. Nicely biased, but not overly so.

10 hours ago, d31 said:

That was far more comfortable and more enjoyable night than expected. I've been very impressed with Hibs ability to get results this season but that was ok for the Dons tonight.

Brilliant start to the league season.

Willing celtic or rangers to drop points on Sunday and give us something to get excited about.

In the interests of excitement they have a duty;

Motherwell 3-3 Celtic

Rangers 0-0 Hamilton

I seriously think that with a fair wind, we could challenge Celtic for second. A few things have to happen, but the most important one is that Celtic keep Lennon as manager for the whole season and they continue to implode. We have to be very lucky, we have to avoid any more big player injuries and we aren’t forced to sell any major players in January. Someone will no doubt repost this in May when we are fourth and 28 points behind Celtic.

Wonder how Hibs managed to grind their way up the league. They have some talent, sure, but their defence is abysmal. It says a lot about the current state of the Scotland squad that the likes of Hanlon and Porteous are even considered for inclusion.

11 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Easy win again. Hibs 🤣 8 years without a win at Pittodrie. You would think they would learn that they are an irrelevance wouldn't you.

Good solid performance from us , never felt threatened by Hibs dull possession. 

Great finish Cosgrove too.

The irony of an Aberdeen fan talking about irrelevance.