Aberdeen v Hibs Friday 6th

Just noticed there is no match thread - this one is really capturing the imagination, eh?

Really cant get too excited about this - is it because these are teams in supposedly  good form, both of whom shit the bed in the Scottish Cup semis at the weekend?

Or is it just this fucking Covid shite / lack of fans at the matches malaise setting in?

Confused Harry Potter GIF

Prediction - both teams to lose.

Edited by Green Day

With Watkins out for eight weeks after that Kung Fu assault by Brown, we will need to change things a bit on Friday. If Hayes is fit, him and Kennedy to be the wing backs. Wright to take over the Watkins role. I would imagine that after getting a fair bit of the match on Sunday, Cosgrove will start again. Looking forward to this one. 

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

With Watkins out for eight weeks after that Kung Fu assault by Brown, we will need to change things a bit on Friday. If Hayes is fit, him and Kennedy to be the wing backs. Wright to take over the Watkins role. I would imagine that after getting a fair bit of the match on Sunday, Cosgrove will start again. Looking forward to this one. 

Kung fu assault, pfft! Chris Sutton said there was nothing wrong with it and he's a paid expert. 

But it does look like the cro magnon has decided Derek’s selection dilemma up front. 

I don't expect hibs will be as subdued as last time for some reason. We need a good performance 

42 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Last time we was at a match

20201105_090435.jpg

That was some day out, and the fact it was such just makes me miss the football and away days even more.

Got the train up early doors, absolutely steaming before kick off, missed Doidge’s goal getting a pie, left the game after it went to 1-1 because it was obvious what was happening, back to the pub to find out it was 3-1 and played the worst darts that The Butchers Arms has ever seen before falling asleep on the train home and waking up at Waverley absolutely perplexed.

Give me us being pish and us being able to go over challenging for Europe and watching from a laptop any day, miss the halcyon days of being able to travel about Scotland watching my team.

The one positive is that I’ll never need to watch Adam Jackson play football anymore, scored a few headers at set pieces but was a truly awful footballer, found it absolutely mental that some folk rated him.

13 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

That was some day out, and the fact it was such just makes me miss the football and away days even more.

Got the train up early doors, absolutely steaming before kick off, missed Doidge’s goal getting a pie, left the game after it went to 1-1 because it was obvious what was happening, back to the pub to find out it was 3-1 and played the worst darts that The Butchers Arms has ever seen before falling asleep on the train home and waking up at Waverley absolutely perplexed.

Give me us being pish and us being able to go over challenging for Europe and watching from a laptop any day, miss the halcyon days of being able to travel about Scotland watching my team.

The one positive is that I’ll never need to watch Adam Jackson play football anymore, scored a few headers at set pieces but was a truly awful footballer, found it absolutely mental that some folk rated him.

🤣🤣

Hope it helped to get that out of your system Les.

It's the last fixture before the international break so I'm expecting a resounding win and great Aberdeen performance before losing all momentum going in to the Rangers game.

4 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

Was at the 0-0 game a few years back where we both had to win to qualify for Europe. Some reason i ended up leaving at half time due to be steaming. Ended up watching the 2nd half in the Saltoun Arms. 

Those were the days. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

On 05/11/2020 at 10:01, Les Cabbage said:

There are a few puzzling things in your post. Like why you would leave a match when it was fairly balanced at 1.1 with loads of time to go. How you managed to make up your mind to leave after the equaliser but before the second goal which was only two minutes later and make your way up the stairs in your drunken state. But the most puzzling was how you ended up in The Butchers Arms?

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

why you would leave a match when it was fairly balanced at 1.1 with loads of time to go.

Hes a Hibs fan, he has seen the film before, we all have.

As to his pub choice, what with the Covid etc I am almost at the point where I would go in one of those dodgy Glasgow pubs that only serve Tennents Lager and Special..........................almost

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

There are a few puzzling things in your post. Like why you would leave a match when it was fairly balanced at 1.1 with loads of time to go. How you managed to make up your mind to leave after the equaliser but before the second goal which was only two minutes later and make your way up the stairs in your drunken state. But the most puzzling was how you ended up in The Butchers Arms?

You’re forgetting we were down to 10 men and it was wave after wave of pressure, the minute Adam Jackson sliced a cross into his own net it was clear Aberdeen were winning and as a Hibs fan we’ve seen the script before and a lovely cold pint of Tennents was far more appealing than watching Aberdeen run over the top of us.

It was just a case of leaving the ground at 1-1, we did hear a loud cheer on the way up so assumed it was 2-1 Aberdeen.

I mean as far as I can recall it was only 15 minutes or so to get up to the boozer after, was fairly comfortable.

Hope that answers all the questions you had, if you need anything further I’ll get back to you in 3-5 working days.

6 minutes ago, Green Day said:

As to his pub choice, what with the Covid etc I am almost at the point where I would go in one of those dodgy Glasgow pubs that only serve Tennents Lager and Special..........................almost

You actually responded before I had in the time it took for me to type my reply in a more articulate way than I did.

Cheers 😁

23 minutes ago, Green Day said:

There’s nothing wrong with the pub, it was the geography that I was questioning. Mind you he was pished.

Guest Bob Mahelp

No Hayes, Watkins or McGeough tonight.

The first two will be heavily missed, much of our play this season resolves around them. 

Hopefully McCrorie will move back into central midfield and we'll start with Kennedy and McLennan as wing backs. 

This should be a very big game. Depending on who you believe, a top three finish offers a very good chance of playing group stage European football next season.

Just feels like both clubs have had the wind taken out of their sails...................and from an AFC perspective the injuries to Hayes, Watkins and McGeouch are depressing.

Still we have a decent squad apparently, so let's see how they do in a fixture that can often be an enjoyable game of football.

Edited by tarapoa