The official President Biden thread.

Brother Blades

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Two recent Republican presidents (Trump and Reagan) were pretty openly senile while in office. I don’t know if the Republicans are just better at working around it.

Yeah, I think the idea is to work around it in these cases. The savvier political operators and donors won't see them as any major impediment. I mean, despite Trump's eccentricities, they comfortably got the tax cuts and the SCOTUS judges over the line.

On the other hand, the likes of Pelosi and Fenstein hanging around well past their time, blocking meaningful change and occupying important offices probably suits the donors just as well.

The one I'm thinking of the most just now is Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I thought when she died that it was a bit of a shock and the cancer was a lot worse than expected, and she just couldn't hang on long enough to hand over the reigns to another democratic nominee, but she's had cancer of one form or another over 20 years. Did nobody take her to one side and explain while it'd be very sad if she died during the tenure of Obama, it'd be a fucking tragedy if she did it during Trump and maybe its time to retire? Or were the democrats assuming Clinton was a shoe in and not thinking about stuff like that?
I dunno it seems more than just 'elites not wanting to let go of power' because it's outrageous how old and doddery they're getting. Feinstein irritatedly dismissing a bunch of politically engaged kids a few years back should've started the ball rolling in dislodging her.

But Obama had a SC vacancy, and the senate wouldn't allow him to fill it. Unless she had retired in 2014-2015, he might have got away with it then but he still had a hostile senate.

4 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:

But Obama had a SC vacancy, and the senate wouldn't allow him to fill it. Unless she had retired in 2014-2015, he might have got away with it then but he still had a hostile senate.

She could have retired in 2008-10 when she was ten years past the normal pension age and he had a majority in the Senate.

One point of a Biden presidency is that it's unlikely to generate 1050+ pages over the next 4 years. He might want to think about how he reaches out to P&B as a matter of some urgency. Some early bleaching options would be a good start. 

This is so funny. Biden just shouting at an activist for not believing in him enough. Was immediately gone at the Trumpian “no one’s did as much as me at this point”.

If you saw the transcript for that, you could easily believe it was Trump. ‘No ones did as much as me’ is pretty much his catchphrase, he points to Charlottesville as something ‘nobody was talking about’ and he says he’s going to name three things and names one before losing where he was going.

The banter years live on. Hopefully a little less fascisty but they’re here nonetheless. Think Rangers under Caixhinia, better than the old guy but by the end of his term he’ll be shouting at people from a hedge.

One point of a Biden presidency is that it's unlikely to generate 1050+ pages over the next 4 years. He might want to think about how he reaches out to P&B as a matter of some urgency. Some early bleaching options would be a good start. 

If you saw the transcript for that, you could easily believe it was Trump. ‘No ones did as much as me’ is pretty much his catchphrase, he points to Charlottesville as something ‘nobody was talking about’ and he says he’s going to name three things and names one before losing where he was going.

The banter years live on. Hopefully a little less fascisty but they’re here nonetheless. Think Rangers under Caixhinia, better than the old guy but by the end of his term he’ll be shouting at people from a hedge.

I will personally drag this thread to over 1500 pages if he continues to shout “I’M THE ONLY WHITE BOY WHO DID IT” at senior members of the NAACP who mildly push back on his anti-racist credentials

She could have retired in 2008-10 when she was ten years past the normal pension age and he had a majority in the Senate.

She did not get anywhere near as much stick as she should have for that. Clinging to that seat until it literally had to be pried from her cold dead hands has left the USA fucked.

Just now, welshbairn said:

The accuser's story changed so often I think the Republicans lost hope of making it stick.

Was that the one where he was sniffing the wee lassie's hair, or another one?