The official President Biden thread.

Brother Blades

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd put this here as the 'Pastor' involved is a Trump supporter.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/feb/04/book-burning-harry-potter-twilight-us-pastor-tennessee

Also, from another report:-

Greg Locke, the controversial anti-vaccine, anti-mask, pastor of Global Vision Bible Church in Mt. Juliet, Tennessee, managed to get his name back on Twitter this week after telling parents of autistic children that their children do not have a medical condition but instead are demonized. (The social media giant has banned him for spreading misinformation.)

The American Taliban are alive and well, and growing in numbers.

(Just noticed I'm in the Biden not Trump thread, my age is catching up on me)

Edited by Soapy FFC

The Americans do seem to love destroying their own property en masse to make a point.

The fact that nobody ever cares and it only results in increased sales for JK Rowling/Stephanie Meyer/Nike/The Beatles makes you wonder if these campaigns are encouraged by the distributors/publishers themselves.

Infrastructure bills that are more about being able to use up natural resources and transport and sell them at every increasing volumes at ever faster rates, always seems a load of shite to me and completely the opposite of what focus is needed 

Globalisation has some serious issues that need addressed however good some parts of it are

58 minutes ago, Detournement said:

This is more fucked than anything Trump did. 

They are stealing food out of the mouths of starving children. 

Bit pedantic, but they haven't actually given away half the Afghanistan Government's money to families of 9/11 victims, they're holding it reserve to cover ongoing litigation. Apart from that I agree that what they're doing is straightforward theft from a hugely impoverished nation, even if they dole out some of the Afghanistan Government's money to NGOs. America have always been terrible losers.

Many U.S. victims of terrorism, including relatives of victims who died in the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, have brought claims against the Taliban and are pursuing DAB assets in federal court. Because some of these plaintiffs currently have writs of execution against the DAB assets, the court will need to issue a further decision regarding the scope of those writs. Even if funds are transferred for the benefit of the Afghan people, more than $3.5 billion in DAB assets would remain in the United States and are subject to ongoing litigation by U.S. victims of terrorism. Plaintiffs will have a full opportunity to have their claims heard in court.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2022/02/11/fact-sheet-executive-order-to-preserve-certain-afghanistan-central-bank-assets-for-the-people-of-afghanistan/

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, Detournement said:

You are a tedious, tedious toad.

Thank you, the details matter. Meanwhile, from the same Whitehouse document, the results of 2 decades of American nation building.

Even prior to the events of last August, Afghanistan’s economy was on the brink. Afghanistan faced poverty rates above 50 percent. International donor grants financed about 75 percent of public expenditures and 50 percent of the government’s budget. A two-year long drought had reduced many crops to 40 percent of their usual yields, and Afghanistan had one of the least developed financial systems in the world—with just 10-20% of adults holding bank accounts. Rampant corruption crippled sectors that should have been profitable.

On 11/02/2022 at 15:04, steve55 said:

That's Sam Brinton. They have two degrees in nuclear engineering from MIT and have run their own company consulting in nuclear reactor development and nuclear waste disposal for the last 10 years. They are *immensely* qualified for the gig. 

https://lgbtqreligiousarchives.org/profiles/sam-brinton

Edited by carpetmonster
Said 'he' instead of 'they', my bad.

Here is corruption at its finest...

Joe Biden's son Hunter Biden was somehow appointed to the executive position of a Ukraine Gas firm paying him 50,000 a month and when they tried to investigate corruption Joe stepped in and got the prosecutor sacked:

Dont believe me, just watch this video:

• 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

It’s a much different type of comedy golf than we got with Trump, but get big Joe off his meds and give him a love mic and it’s good every time. More of this pls

He has a stutter.

Benny Hill might have used it for "comedy" but in 2022?

He has a stutter.
Benny Hill might have used it for "comedy" but in 2022?

I mean, that’s demonstrably not the result of a stutter, it’s the result of an old man, likely with dementia, who has a brain of mush and no business being in the role he is, and probably wouldn’t be in any other country on the planet though.

Suppose his speeches being filled with rambling Abe Simpson esque stories of his childhood fights or dogs, or riding bikes that make zero sense and have zero relevance to the points he’s supposed to be discussing are a result of his stutter too?