The official President Biden thread.

Brother Blades

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a big fan of Biden but I really hope he keeps his word on this.

https://www.ardmoreite.com/story/news/2021/07/19/bill-could-end-federal-marijuana-prohibitions/8012891002/

My wife has a medical marijuana card and it really is a game changer.

And also the medical stuff is on a whole other level :whistle

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Biden will run again in 2024 unless he’s openly confirmed as deid.

Been saying that since the start. These folk don't get into the positions they've been chasing their entire lives, only to stand down of their own free will.

Not taking out a Telegraph trial just to read that - what's Harris done that's made her particularly unpopular? I've never got the impression that Americans paid much attention to their VPs unless they were struggling with basic spelling tasks or vomiting all over visiting dignitaries.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Not taking out a Telegraph trial just to read that - what's Harris done that's made her particularly unpopular? I've never got the impression that Americans paid much attention to their VPs unless they were struggling with basic spelling tasks or vomiting all over visiting dignitaries.

I think it's just the Twitter thread I've linked that's there to be read. If I had to hazard a guess then a part of it is that Biden's team are just dumping all the unpopular shit on Kamala which is why you have her on tele telling immigrants not to come to the States while Biden wears sunglasses and does impressions of Italians. It's like Veep.

30 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Biden will be lucky to get through 2022 as president. If he's going to be campaigning for 2024, let me know now so I can start stocking up on popcorn.

Who else do the Dems have? That's their problem. The 2020 Primaries showed how devoid of talent the party is. Kamala and Pete are two of the fakest freaks on the planet and Warren has like 300 fans on the planet all of whom spend their days online arguing about Tuca and Bertie getting cancelled.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Been saying that since the start. These folk don't get into the positions they've been chasing their entire lives, only to stand down of their own free will.

Thought Harris was a savvy Californian lawyer who had to make a few compromises in local realpolitik until I saw her in the vice presidential debate with that nutball with a fly stuck on his head. She was utterly useless, like a frightened rabbit in the headlights. Nothing I've seen of her since has raised my opinion, unless it's a closely choreographed photoshoot and Q+A, she's lost.  

Just another example of how the whole primary system sums up the fakeness and madness of US politics. These folk spend months tearing each other apart, then within minutes of a winner being announced, they are all on side saying that their candidate is the best person to be president. Absolute nonsense country.

1 hour ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I thought Tulsi Gabbard was the best democratic nomination in terms of how they spoke and put their ideas across

She slaughtered Kamala in the debates but there was a reason that it was only the major cranks on the left that backed her while everyone else supported Bernie.

Gabbard was clearly the best option in the primaries. She was the DNC's golden girl until she started dropping truth bombs about US foreign policy and took an open anti-war stance. Someone with these views has no chance in America, no matter how likeable they are in voters' eyes the media will beat them mercilessly until everyone believes they're Hitler.

49 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Gabbard was clearly the best option in the primaries. She was the DNC's golden girl until she started dropping truth bombs about US foreign policy and took an open anti-war stance. Someone with these views has no chance in America, no matter how likeable they are in voters' eyes the media will beat them mercilessly until everyone believes they're Hitler.

Wrong comparison.  Hitler would do well in the USA now.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Wrong comparison.  Hitler would do well in the USA now.

That is genuinely quite hard to argue with. If he was smart enough to focus on the Muslims and leave the Jews alone until the final stages, he'd have broad popular support for most of the Nazi ideology.