Jump to content
Brother Blades

The official President Biden thread.

Recommended Posts

Just now, welshbairn said:

This. To survive and get anything done in American politics you need a fair deal of pragmatism and willingness to compromise, so everyone's got stuff in their past they wish was forgotten about. It doesn't necessarily make them evil. I'll judge Biden on how much he manages to improve things in the next 4 years, or at least restores some sanity, with no doubt more necessary compromises along the way.

Okay, reasonable post. But I didn't say that, don't know how that is quoting me there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I get it, but your gripe is with the American voter rather than with Biden. In the last Democratic gubernatorial primaries, Illinois - as solidly blue a state as you’ll find - was offered the choice between a genuine progressive (Daniel Biss) and two centrists (Chris Kennedy, JB Pritzker) and Pritzker absolutely pissed it. The Overton window has been whacked so far to the right that upwards of a third of the country think Joe’s a socialist - mostly because they have no idea what socialism is, but that’s by the bye. Maybe the US will be ready for a President Ocasio-Cortez in 2050 but it’s not ready for a President Bernie at the moment. At this point, it means no more Stephen Miller in the White House, no more gaslighting of the press by a malignant sex doll whenever they can be arsed wheeling her out, no more having an Education Secretary who’s raison d’etre is the destruction of public education, no more Fauci having to walk on eggshells, no more Deborah fucking Birx, no more having to listen to Jim fucking Jordan. It’s not a lottery jackpot win, but it’s 3 numbers and a tenner, which can then be invested in more tickets to try and get to that jackpot; it’s still a win. 

Also, all polling indicated Bernie would have beat Trump in 2016, so that's not strictly true. The American system isn't ready to accept a Bernie, but the American voter is crying out for one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

Is this the guy who's just down as "Shaun" on YouTube?

Aye, he has the picture of the skull with sunglasses. At least, that’s who I’m on about, I assume @NotThePars is the same.

 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Yeah but that's not how you say it is it, you speak respectfully and professionally and with dignity if you want to be considered a nice person.

I have seen these videos too and they are stage managed pish purely for the cameras. Judge a man by his actions and in 48 years in politics he has done f**k all for these people.  If the cameras weren't there he'd probably have walked right past.

Quite a lot of projection in there.

It seems a little odd that empathy is always 'stage managed' but rudeness is not.  Personally, I think it's possible for people to display both.  I know I do.

One thing that will happen is that the Violence Against Women Act (which has been ignored by the Senate for about a year I think) will get re-authorised.

Would that be such a terrible thing?

Yours

aDONis

Edited by aDONisSheep

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Aye, he has the picture of the skull with sunglasses. At least, that’s who I’m on about, I assume [mention=25417]NotThePars[/mention] is the same.
 


Yea, that’s the one. I haven’t actually watched any of his vids but see him on Twitch occasionally. As a rule, I don’t bother with Breadtube’s political content so I think the only vid of that crowd’s I’ve recently watched is Hbomberguy’s New Vegas one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Quite a lot of projection in there.

It seems a little odd that empathy is always 'stage managed' but rudeness is not.  Personally, I think it's possible for people to display both.  I know I do.

One thing that will happen is that the Violence Against Women Act (which has been ignored by the Senate for about a year I think) will get re-authorised.

Would that be such a terrible thing?

Yours

aDONis

Why would you stage manage rudeness?

Of course not, as I said he will do some normal half decent things that anyone who isn't a total psychopath would do.  That doesn't really deserve much praise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

f**k sake, this is like the "Hilary as bad as Trump" shite.

Nobody's perfect but Biden's a better human and politician than Trump by a couple of thousand light years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Tbf I didn't know that but Biden can also implement universal healthcare  which could include price controls (he was the actual vice president to a guy that tried to so its not that controversial, though he was also a massive fraud) and has said he will not do so.

Biden can't implement universal healthcare. I've worked in that business sector. I wish I could say otherwise but it's not going to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anonapersona said:

Biden can't implement universal healthcare. I've worked in that business sector. I wish I could say otherwise but it's not going to happen.

Well lucky he doesn't want to anyway then, save upsetting all his corporate and billionaire donors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of us who can't help but love watching dumb libs this week has been the equivalent of Darwin's Beagle voyage. Some unbelievable stuff. 

Edited by Detournement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Also, all polling indicated Bernie would have beat Trump in 2016, so that's not strictly true. The American system isn't ready to accept a Bernie, but the American voter is crying out for one. 

Is that the same polling that indicated Hillary would beat Trump in 2016?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Detournement said:

For those of us who can't help but love watching dumb libs this week has been the equivalent of Darwin's Beagle voyage. Some unbelievable stuff. 

To save anybody else checking

That's about +3 degrees in real temperature 

For seriously pedantic  geeks it's about 276 Kelvin

 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

To save anybody else checking

That's about +3 degrees in real temperature 

For seriously pedantic  geeks it's about 276 Kelvin

 

Or 97 degrees in proper Celsius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there really folk complaining about an elderly man wrapping up warm during an outdoor winter event?  :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Are there really folk complaining about an elderly man wrapping up warm during an outdoor winter event?  :blink:

I think some are making the point that had this been Elizabeth Warren or Nancy Pelosi, it wouldn't have been passed off in such jovial fashion.

For what it's worth, I think they are right, but it's a bit petty, and  I don't think it's a hill worth dying on.

Yours

aDONis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Are there really folk complaining about an elderly man wrapping up warm during an outdoor winter event?  :blink:

No, a couple of nutters said something on twitter that nobody else agrees with. It's a bit of Trumpian "A lot of people are saying that..." to label all liberals as insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

I think some are making the point that had this been Elizabeth Warren or Nancy Pelosi, it wouldn't have been passed off in such jovial fashion.

For what it's worth, I think they are right, but it's a bit petty, and  I don't think it's a hill worth dying on.

Yours

aDONis

I clearly don't get fashion. Considering he's presumably wearing a suit under his winter jacket, I'm not seeing what the complaint is. The only difference I'm seeing is that Pelosi and Warren wore bright colours, but still had winter jackets on. Not like they put on their best cocktail dress while the auld codger rocked up in his jobby catchers and dirty old Green Flash trainers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...