The official President Biden thread.

Brother Blades

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I don't know if you've been asleep the last few days but the entire world has been jacking off over this piece of shit and people have been literally crying tears of joy cause some bam read a poem.

Really? The entire world? Or the same people who backed him in the first place, or are just getting a bit of schadenfreude out of Trump getting punted? 

He's an American president, like all of them he deserves contempt until proven otherwise. 

In fairness, Joe Biden is well known as being one of the nicest individuals in the Senate (whether that is a low bar or not, if not for me to comment).  

He's also well known for crossing the aisle and building consensus.  

I don't know if he will make a good president, time will tell  (but he'll certainly be an improvement on the last one), but I do think it's a bit of a stretch to call him an 'absolute monster'.

Yours

aDONis

Surely any tears of joy are from people just delighted that Trump is gone, rather than anyone ridiculously happy that Biden is in.

It’s the same way that I’d be pleased if Johnson lost an election to Labour because he’d no longer be prime minister and his cabal of sociopaths wouldn’t be the government, rather than because Keith and his lot would be.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow
Spelling

5 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

RE insulin - States have the power to act on that themselves. Colorado and Illinois have both capped out of pocket insulin costs at $100 per month; there are another 48 Governors who could do something about that and haven’t. 

I read something about somebody getting charged $24 for a paracetamol tablet in a hospital. You'd think insulin users would sort out a collective to take turns doing the Canada or Mexico run. 

In fairness, Joe Biden is well known as being one of the nicest individuals in the Senate (whether that is a low bar or not, if not for me to comment).  
I don't know if he will make a good president, time will tell  (but he'll certainly be an improvement on the last one), but I do think it's a bit of a stretch to call him an 'absolute monster'.
Yours
aDONis

Fucking hell look who he’s building consensus and crossing the aisle with

8 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

RE insulin - States have the power to act on that themselves. Colorado and Illinois have both capped out of pocket insulin costs at $100 per month; there are another 48 Governors who could do something about that and haven’t. 

13 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

Yours

aDONis

Did you just skip over the videos above where he tells voters to their faces they're "full of shit"?  

Building consensus really means 'compromising on his principles to get the agreement of the absolute scum on the other side of the aisle' or in Biden's case really means didn't have any in the first place.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I read something about somebody getting charged $24 for a paracetamol tablet in a hospital. You'd think insulin users would sort out a collective to take turns doing the Canada or Mexico run. 

Thin end of the wedge. A simple blood draw (literally just to confirm my blood type when the Mrs was up the stick) cost $82 in Miami 7 years ago. The bill for the wee one coming into the world was $32.5k; including $6k that the hospital tried to bill the insurance for anaesthesia that my wife didn’t have. The system’s a cartel. 

6 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Like or loathe him, Biden is more likely to get concensus to get things done.

He has a good working relationship with Moscow Mitch - better getting compromised policies through than no policy at all.

It's fine having principles, but sometimes realpolitik has to be the game.

No that's a cop-out. That's how the conditions were created where Trump got elected in the first place. 

If you don't change them you're going to get another Trump, and the next one will be far smarter, slicker, more charming and more effective than he was. It was lucky he was an idiot, the next one won't be.

Its a system that needs fundamental structural change and just voted to definitely not have any of that at all.  Its not a cause for celebration.

Surely any tears of joy are from people just delighted that Trump is gone, rather than anyone ridiculously happy that Biden is in.
It’s the same way that I’d be pleased if Johnson lost an election to Labour because he’d no longer be prime minister and his cabal of sociopaths wouldn’t be the government, rather than because Keith and his lot would be.

Yea, I thought this as well but then Shaun (the YouTube guy) summarised it as “he’s not going to make things better he’s going to make things worse at a slower rate” and loads of people turned up to get mad and say no he’s actually going to enact a progressive agenda so there are people out there who seriously buy into the kayfabe.

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Did you just skip over the videos above where he tells voters to their faces they're "full of shit"?  

Building consensus really means 'compromising on his principles to get the agreement of the absolute scum on the other side of the aisle' or in Biden's case really means didn't have any in the first place.

I did, however I don’t necessarily disagree with him, the amount of folks who are full of shit (and by dint, voters) is very high. 

12 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Tbf I didn't know that but Biden can also implement universal healthcare  which could include price controls (he was the actual vice president to a guy that tried to so its not that controversial, though he was also a massive fraud) and has said he will not do so.

Just now, carpetmonster said:

Thin end of the wedge. A simple blood draw (literally just to confirm my blood type when the Mrs was up the stick) cost $82 in Miami 7 years ago. The bill for the wee one coming into the world was $32.5k; including $6k that the hospital tried to bill the insurance for anaesthesia that my wife didn’t have. The system’s a cartel. 

A mate of my girlfriend's came over to visit from the states last January and was a bit of a dick about folk earning less money for similar jobs here. She then proceeded to tell us her share of an apartment was $1100 and she'd paid a fortune for some fairly routine healthcare stuff, despite having insurance. Proper chuckle into the pint time. 

1 minute ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Tbf I didn't know that but Biden can also implement universal healthcare  which could include price controls (he was the actual vice president to a guy that tried to so its not that controversial, though he was also a massive fraud) and has said he will not do so.

Obama was also more than a bit of a fraud tbf. And was his genius idea to begin negotiations with congress about health care not to offer them Romney's plan, thinking this would be a great bipartisan step, which they then tore up because of course they weren't going to agree to the first thing. 

5 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

A mate of my girlfriend's came over to visit from the states last January and was a bit of a dick about folk earning less money for similar jobs here. She then proceeded to tell us her share of an apartment was $1100 and she'd paid a fortune for some fairly routine healthcare stuff, despite having insurance. Proper chuckle into the pint time. 

The disparity in wages is enormous.  A postman in America can make $60-70k.  But it works out about the same when you see what they have to pay for.  My ex's apartment was like 3k per month, over 1k per month health insurance, son needed braces 4k just to put them in.  

Yeah but you're saying he's a nice guy, that's not how nice people talk, especially when they're talking to voters and running for elected office.  He's a scumbag, there's nothing nice about him. 

Look at this, this sums him up and what his presidency will be like.  The most stage-managed photo in human history, everything about it and him is empty and fake

Also he has no problem using his grandson as a prop for a photo op. He's no better than Kim Kardsashian selling pictures of her newborn, just he gets paid in a different currency

President Biden Holds Grandson Beau in the White House | POPSUGAR Family

Edited by Carnoustie Young Guvnor

No that's a cop-out. That's how the conditions were created where Trump got elected in the first place. 
If you don't change them you're going to get another Trump, and the next one will be far smarter, slicker, more charming and more effective than he was. It was lucky he was an idiot, the next one won't be.
Its a system that needs fundamental structural change and just voted to definitely not have any of that at all.  Its not a cause for celebration.
Turkeys don't vote for Christmas.

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

The disparity in wages is enormous.  A postman in America can make $60-70k.  But it works out about the same when you see what they have to pay for.  My ex's apartment was like 3k per month, over 1k per month health insurance, son needed braces 4k just to put them in.  

Aye, my ex's brother worked in a call centre in Seattle and was pulling down 50k or something nuts, while staying with his mum. I think folk do end up with more disposable income just about, but the cost of living can be crazy. And then you look at rural areas, especially in the south, where earnings are miniscule. Mad place