The official President Biden thread.

Brother Blades

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

Yup, GOP’s about to eat itself. 

Rust in piss. Wonder if Garland will now bother indicting Trump or just sit back and let them rip each other apart until they’re both irrelevant. 

Holy shit. His ego is in absolute tatters. 

Glorious. 

The idea of the Republicans ripping themselves apart over the next two years fills me with joy.

The idea that Biden wants to run again fills me with despair.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/10/joe-biden-2024-president-election

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The idea of the Republicans ripping themselves apart over the next two years fills me with joy.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/nov/10/joe-biden-2024-president-election

Behave yourself Granny - 'Biden' and 'run' in the same sentence ?  FFS

16 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah, I kinda thought he'd stand aside and let Harris run in 2024, given that he'd be 86 by the end of that Presidency. In saying that, the orange buffoon would be 82 by the end of his stint if he got back in. 

48 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Yeah, I kinda thought he'd stand aside and let Harris run in 2024, given that he'd be 86 by the end of that Presidency. In saying that, the orange buffoon would be 82 by the end of his stint if he got back in. 

Harris could be even worse, that's why it's important for Biden to say he's not standing soon so there's plenty time for alternative candidates to emerge. DeSantis would likely walk a contest against Harris, he's like Trump with a brain.

While Trump has his, erm, devoted following he's now toxic to the majority of US voters and his endorsement likewise - unelectable in their system.

The question is what % of Trumpers will vote for someone like DeSantis, a populist but more savvy than The Don and certainly less of a cartoon character and how many will stop voting and turn to more violent ways to get their policies enacted.

That's the thing, if DeSantis runs against Trump and wins the nomination, are those Trump supporters really going to back DeSantis in a Presidential election. The loyalty of Trumpets is not to the Republican party, it's to trump. Same goes for Trump, his loyalty is to himself and his ego, not to the party. Wouldn't surprise me if DeSantis beat him, rather than accept defeat and endorse him as the republican nominee, he stood as an independent and totally split the republican vote in a massive hissy fit. 

5 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

That's the thing, if DeSantis runs against Trump and wins the nomination, are those Trump supporters really going to back DeSantis in a Presidential election. The loyalty of Trumpets is not to the Republican party, it's to trump. Same goes for Trump, his loyalty is to himself and his ego, not to the party. Wouldn't surprise me if DeSantis beat him, rather than accept defeat and endorse him as the republican nominee, he stood as an independent and totally split the republican vote in a massive hissy fit. 

Please let this happen..🙏

46 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Harris could be even worse, that's why it's important for Biden to say he's not standing soon so there's plenty time for alternative candidates to emerge. DeSantis would likely walk a contest against Harris, he's like Trump with a brain.

What’s wrong with Harris?

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

She's a dipstick. Did you see her vice presidential debate with Pence? She froze like a rabbit in headlights, he wiped the floor with her despite most of the attention being on the big fly perched on his head. They barely let her in front of the cameras now, certainly not to take questions. 

37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

She's been anonymous. As a non-white woman, she won't switch a single GOP voter and the left wing of the Dems don't like her because she's a cop. If I was to put money on it right now, I'd be looking at FBI Petey or one of the big beast Governors - Newsom, Pritzker, Whitmer. And they need to make Abrams Chair of the DNC tomorrow, if not 3 weeks ago. 

ETA - and get everyone involved in Fetterman's campaign on the payroll on an in-house basis. 

Edited by carpetmonster

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

She's a dipstick. Did you see her vice presidential debate with Pence? She froze like a rabbit in headlights, he wiped the floor with her despite most of the attention being on the big fly perched on his head. They barely let her in front of the cameras now, certainly not to take questions. 

41 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

She's been anonymous. As a non-white woman, she won't switch a single GOP voter and the left wing of the Dems don't like her because she's a cop. If I was to put money on it right now, I'd be looking at FBI Petey or one of the big beast Governors - Newsom, Pritzker, Whitmer. And they need to make Abrams Chair of the DNC tomorrow, if not 3 weeks ago. 

ETA - and get everyone involved in Fetterman's campaign on the payroll on an in-house basis. 

I’m not a fan of Harris.  My question should have been “ Can you see the Democrats picking a better candidate?”

If Hillary Clinton wants to run again I would not be surprised if the Democratic machine gets behind her.

17 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Yup, GOP’s about to eat itself. 

Rust in piss. Wonder if Garland will now bother indicting Trump or just sit back and let them rip each other apart until they’re both irrelevant. 

"Ron DeSanctimonious" is fantastic

Going to assume someone spelled it for him