The official President Biden thread.

Brother Blades

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The Democrats desperately need to ensure Biden does not run again in 2024 and definitely not replace him with Clinton.

I do not have faith that this will happen.

As long as the Democrats are led by a crazy lady from California, you can never rule out the most bad option.  

In other funny news, Lauren Boebert looks like she might have lost.  

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

As long as the Democrats are led by a crazy lady from California, you can never rule out the most bad option.  

Are you talking about Pelosi?

I think it's unsubstantiated at the moment, but not exactly shocking or stunning to hear the allegations that Trump-backed anti-abortion Republican candidate Herschel Walker paid for his ex-gfs to...have abortions. 
It's frightening that he still got 49% of the vote in Georgia.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the electorate.

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The youngsters seem to have turned up for a change..

I'm getting on a bit now and probably at the age when I'm meant to become an old right wing racist, climate change denying ,anti-woke, nearly dead spiteful c**t . Luckily I've never picked up never mind paid for one of the GB tabloids, so unless I go senile and put my x in the wrong box all those grey rinse jogging suit wearing fucks can bolt.

On 08/11/2022 at 09:34, Spider Rico said:

Hard to believe that the Democrats “vote for us because………democracy” campaign strategy hasn’t paid off.

Their campaign slogan of "The clue's in the name you racist plebs" was brilliant.

Think this is as right as anything I've seen so far. Like you might put off some people angry about petrol prices going up if you also say you want the LGBT people that pretty much everyone has in their lives to be fired. 

The online aspect of Trumpism seemed to convince the republicans there was something to be gained through the Chris Rufio, LibsOfTikTok weirdos, or the Thiel type crypto monarchists, but they discounted that even in somewhere as deeply weird as the US most people have a real distaste for weirdos 

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Kentucky votes to keep abortion.

Surprised as it is traditionally a conservative state.

There are different types of conservatism though.

One type is when you don't want to women to have abortions and another is when you don't want a mixed race grandchild.

On 08/11/2022 at 03:34, Spider Rico said:

Hard to believe that the Democrats “vote for us because………democracy” campaign strategy hasn’t paid off.

Actually, it looks like it has. 

AFAIK all Trump's candidates for Secretaries of State in swing states were defeated. 

King of the election deniers Doug Mastriano got humped in PA. 

Ron Johnson got thru WI by the skin of his balls, and Wisconsin isn't a functioning democracy. 

DeSantis won FL quite handily, but FL is insanely gerrymandered, and the Dem candidate was Charlie Crist - nice enough bloke but he's run more races than Carl Lewis and there's no enthusiasm for him. He also did pretty well in the debate, which doesn't bode well for DeSantis going up against bigger fish. That and Trump's now openly threatening him, so with a bit of luck the GOP eats itself. 

Update - just Pueblo County to declare in Boebert's race - Hilary Clinton beat Trump narrowly there. In 2020 Adam Frisch beat Boebert in Pueblo County with a 10.6% lead.

Of the votes counted in Pueblo County Frisch has a 10% lead.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Update - just Pueblo County to declare in Boebert's race - Hilary Clinton beat Trump narrowly there. In 2020 Adam Frisch beat Boebert in Pueblo County with a 10.6% lead.

I can't remember how it all pans out, but there's a chance her getting beat might cost them the House. Which would be fucking hilarious. 

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I saw something about her immediate area doesn't much like her - she lost that bit of the seat first time out - and as more folks got to see her, they didn't much like her either.