The official President Biden thread.

Brother Blades

3 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

She was the DNC's golden girl until she started dropping truth bombs about US foreign policy and took an open anti-war stance.

She was more nuanced than that, was against putting American lives at risk but backed drone attacks and bombing from 30 thousand feet, unless it was against her pal Assad. And she started off in political life on an anti gay platform in Hawaii. Trump was a fan.

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

She was more nuanced than that, was against putting American lives at risk but backed drone attacks and bombing from 30 thousand feet, unless it was against her pal Assad. And she started off in political life on an anti gay platform in Hawaii. Trump was a fan.

Other than age I don't see why anyone ostensibly on the left backed Gabbard over Sanders.

1 hour ago, Dolf said:

She was never the golden girl of the DNCs

Well, Nancy Pelosi invited her to speak at the  Dem convention in 2012 calling her an 'emerging star', and a few months later she had been elected to congress and as vice-chair of the DNC. She was the Dems' dream, a young, great-looking, woman of colour, military veteran surfer. Until she started criticising the establishment figures in the party like DWS and HRC.

More nuanced maybe @welshbairn but sufficient for a short post. She was in the  military after all so presumably isn't against all aspects. Anti-interventionist war probably more accurate. But explicitly stating the US is arming and funding terrorism is definitely disqualifying for a presidential candidate, which was my main point.

I thought she was good and I hope she gets another chance. I really liked Bernie too but lets face it Bernie was never gonna get the nomination in a “rigged race” as Gabbard herself said.  So all that effort for Betnie  in the end achieved very little and you didnt need much to call that.

Clinton calling her a russian agent was bizzarre but the dem machine once it decides it deosnt like you goes all out against like it did to Bernie

she would make a good president i think

3 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

I thought she was good and I hope she gets another chance. I really liked Bernie too but lets face it Bernie was never gonna get the nomination in a “rigged race” as Gabbard herself said.  So all that effort for Betnie  in the end achieved very little and you didnt need much to call that.

Clinton calling her a russian agent was bizzarre but the dem machine once it decides it deosnt like you goes all out against like it did to Bernie

she would make a good president i think

She got criticised for appealing to Republicans as if that's a bad thing. This applies in many countries but particularly in the US, the two-party system has everyone absolutely brainwashed. Working class Democrat voters believe they have more in common with billionaire Democrat voters than they do with working class Republicans. A candidate with cross-party appeal would be a great thing for the country.

9 hours ago, Dolf said:

She was never the golden girl of the DNCs

Though I certainly wish she got more coverage.Those bikini shots were something else

You weren't kidding, by the way. Yowzah.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d assume anyone non white.

Well, aye, which is why I was wondering about the white folk in the picture.

Maybe they're worshipping the women of color?  :unsure: