The official President Biden thread.

Brother Blades

1 hour ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Tbf I didn't know that but Biden can also implement universal healthcare  which could include price controls (he was the actual vice president to a guy that tried to so its not that controversial, though he was also a massive fraud) and has said he will not do so.

Biden can't implement universal healthcare. I've worked in that business sector. I wish I could say otherwise but it's not going to happen.

2 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Also, all polling indicated Bernie would have beat Trump in 2016, so that's not strictly true. The American system isn't ready to accept a Bernie, but the American voter is crying out for one. 

Is that the same polling that indicated Hillary would beat Trump in 2016?

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

For those of us who can't help but love watching dumb libs this week has been the equivalent of Darwin's Beagle voyage. Some unbelievable stuff. 

To save anybody else checking

That's about +3 degrees in real temperature 

For seriously pedantic  geeks it's about 276 Kelvin

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

To save anybody else checking

That's about +3 degrees in real temperature 

For seriously pedantic  geeks it's about 276 Kelvin

Or 97 degrees in proper Celsius.

3 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Are there really folk complaining about an elderly man wrapping up warm during an outdoor winter event?  :blink:

I think some are making the point that had this been Elizabeth Warren or Nancy Pelosi, it wouldn't have been passed off in such jovial fashion.

For what it's worth, I think they are right, but it's a bit petty, and  I don't think it's a hill worth dying on.

Yours

aDONis

6 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Are there really folk complaining about an elderly man wrapping up warm during an outdoor winter event?  :blink:

No, a couple of nutters said something on twitter that nobody else agrees with. It's a bit of Trumpian "A lot of people are saying that..." to label all liberals as insane.

6 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

I think some are making the point that had this been Elizabeth Warren or Nancy Pelosi, it wouldn't have been passed off in such jovial fashion.

For what it's worth, I think they are right, but it's a bit petty, and  I don't think it's a hill worth dying on.

Yours

aDONis

I clearly don't get fashion. Considering he's presumably wearing a suit under his winter jacket, I'm not seeing what the complaint is. The only difference I'm seeing is that Pelosi and Warren wore bright colours, but still had winter jackets on. Not like they put on their best cocktail dress while the auld codger rocked up in his jobby catchers and dirty old Green Flash trainers.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

They are pissed that Bernie got some positive attention on Twitter. It's the equivalent of crazy women getting annoyed at what their enemy is wearing to a wedding. They are crackpots. 

Woody Guthrie will be turning his grave at J-Lo signing his song for Biden.

The amount of people who seem to think that This Land Is Your Land is some kind of patriotic anthem is quite something. She didn’t sing the third verse which gives the song context.