Playoff Picture

lichtie23

If the Colts beat the Jaguars as expected, then they go to 11-5 and you would think into the playoffs. There is a but though, albeit a very unlikely one. If the Dolphins, Ravens, Titans and Browns all win then there will be 5 teams tied on 11-5 for 4 playoff spots. If it did happen, the Titans would win the AFC South, and the Dolphins, Ravens and Browns would be seeded 5th, 6th and 7th with the Colts missing out. Only 2 teams have ever missed the playoffs with an 11-5 record.

Browns v Steelers and Dolphins v Bills are both early games, so the Bills will still have to go all out to protect their seeding. The Colts play later so should know whether they are in a win-and-in scenario, or whether they need a favour from the Texans. I'll be watching the game in Buffalo and cheering the Bills for SuperDad's sake :2cool

On 30/12/2020 at 16:58, Boo Khaki said:

Browns v Steelers and Dolphins v Bills are both early games, so the Bills will still have to go all out to protect their seeding. The Colts play later so should know whether they are in a win-and-in scenario, or whether they need a favour from the Texans. I'll be watching the game in Buffalo and cheering the Bills for SuperDad's sake :2cool

Never have I ever had occasion to wish the Steelers well but come Sunday it will happen.

Edited by strichener

On 30/12/2020 at 15:51, peasy23 said:

If the Colts beat the Jaguars as expected, then they go to 11-5 and you would think into the playoffs. There is a but though, albeit a very unlikely one. If the Dolphins, Ravens, Titans and Browns all win then there will be 5 teams tied on 11-5 for 4 playoff spots. If it did happen, the Titans would win the AFC South, and the Dolphins, Ravens and Browns would be seeded 5th, 6th and 7th with the Colts missing out. Only 2 teams have ever missed the playoffs with an 11-5 record.

It's our own fault after losing WK 1 against the Jags.

On 30/12/2020 at 15:51, peasy23 said:

As a Bills fan, the team I fear the most in the early rounds of the playoffs are the Ravens (if they get there).  Probably the most open season for a long time....

As a Bills fan, the team I fear the most in the early rounds of the playoffs are the Ravens (if they get there).  Probably the most open season for a long time....
Don't think any team can ever take anything for granted once you hit the playoffs, but even more so this year, as the Covid rules can mean a team could lose one or more star players in an instant.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:
6 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Don't think any team can ever take anything for granted once you hit the playoffs, but even more so this year, as the Covid rules can mean a team could lose one or more star players in an instant.

Exactly the Browns were decimated out wide last week, which has nearly derailed there pretty impressive season..

3 hours ago, Passionate said:

Exactly the Browns were decimated out wide last week, which has nearly derailed there pretty impressive season..

I would expect a fine to follow this.  The NFL protocols are in place precisely to prevent situations like this arising.