Hearts v Inverness

That was pretty comfy until the last 10 minutes, soft goal to lose from our point of view but a good header.  We could do with a few guys like Walker and Ginnelly back, to keep people on their toes, but also to give us options from the bench.  Frear and White never improved us from the bench and if anything left us weaker.

Still think there's a lot more to come, today we showed in flashes we could play good stuff and be dangerous, but it needs to be more consistent.

That said, I think after last week there was always the danger we could be a bit flat and it was, at least it never caught us out. 

Edited by Tony Wonder

10 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

hopefully ICT come up via the playoffs, much better side than Dundee anyway. 

Nice of you to say so, bear in mind that the ICT team today had a lot of our young ones in it which bodes well for our future.

Edited by SandyCromarty

We've played Hearts, Dunfermline and Ayr in 3 of our first 4 games.  I don't think we could've had a tougher start really. Hopefully when we start playing the shite teams we move up to our natural level in the division. 

I thought we did OK but never looked like we were going to win the game or seriously threaten Hearts.  It's frustrsting to concede a goal so quickly after the break, we did the same in the cup semi-final a season or so ago against Hearts.  Defensively we were fairly solid but were still stretched, we didn't clear our lines as well as you'd want and that put a bit of pressure back onto us.  Goign forward I thought the '3' looked good considering they are all teenagers, esepcially Kennedy who looks like he could be a really useful player in this division.  I felt Todorov didn't manage to keep the ball well enough, but it's a difficult shift on your own up front away to probably the best centre halves in the league.

While it's great to have three young players like Kennedy, MacGregor and Mackay I think that for all their endevour and good play they didn't create many clear chances.  Doran and Keatings both carry more goal threat I think and obviously both were involved in the goal that we did score.  Doran obviously isn't match fit though but maybe Keatings coudl be an option to come back in.  

I thought Harper looked a lot better than in the league cup game, Allardice was good and is having a great start to the season and Welsh was OK as well, although you are just counting the minutes until he gets injured.

30 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Goign forward I thought the '3' looked good considering they are all teenagers, esepcially Kennedy who looks like he could be a really useful player in this division.  I felt Todorov didn't manage to keep the ball well enough, but it's a difficult shift on your own up front away to probably the best centre halves in the league.

I thought Kennedy was by far your most effective player going forward, so was surprised - but pleased - to see him go off.

The pressing the youngsters put on the Hearts back line was immense. Todorov whilst maybe not holding the ball up never gave anyone a chance to make an easy pass. Mackay, Kennedy and MacGregor were doing a hell of a lot of running in defence as much as going forward. The timing of the goal conceded was really poor. In the cup game we grew into the game after frustrating hearts. We were on course for that again after a really disciplined first half. The first goal kills it though. Would Dorran, Keatings be able to do that amount of defensive covering? Certainly not at the moment. I’m really impressed that Robbo is giving the young lads a chance. I know he’s got no option but if, at the beginning of the season you were to look at the teams we had to play and then read the teamsheets we’ve had out, you’d be fearful. I’m not fearful at all now when I see these youngsters take the pitch. I very much doubt we’ll make top 4 this year but it we’ve bled 3 or 4 teenagers plus the three early 20s boys into our first team then we have the basis for a good future. That was what Fergie did at all his clubs and it seemed to work. I also think it will attract more local fans.