Hearts v Inverness

Tricky game, this, so we'll have to be as close to full strength as possible. 

No Ginelly for us, and it may still be too soon for Naismith and Haring to start games, but maybe not.

Gordon

Smith - Halkett - Popescu - Kingsley

Lee - Halliday - Irving

Walker

Wighton -  Boyce 

Subs: Stewart, Brandon, Haring, White, Naismith, Henderson, Moore.

14 hours ago, paranoid android said:

No Ginelly for us, and it may still be too soon for Naismith and Haring to start games, but maybe not.

Gordon

Lee - Halliday - Irving

Walker

Wighton -  Boyce 

Got a hunch Walker might start on the bench today, with Moore starting.

Tricky looking game regardless though.

Hopefully an early goal to settle us down.

14 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Gordon

Lee - Halliday - Irving

Walker

Wighton -  Boyce 

I agree that our current options mean we'll go with the midfield diamond, and although it worked in the second halves against Dundee and Hibs, it remains to be seen how effective it'll be against a team that will probably sit in. Not ideal given that Neilson made a big thing of building the squad around width and pace in pre-season.

I'd expect Haring and Naismith to start in place of Irving and Walker. I'm sure Neilson has said they'll each start one of the games against Inverness/East Fife and I doubt it'll be the one on the plastic pitch. Walker is also carrying a knock I think.

I'm expecting this game to be a bit of a comedown from the semi-final. 1-0 Hearts (bald Wighton).

Any news about the legion of injured players we have? Any due back?
Doran, Vincent and Sutherland should make the bench.
Doran played a bounce game midweek and is still a good bit off the pace with no preseason.
Game too soon to start for Vincent and Sutherland, expect them to play in the Cup games though

Good strong team for us.  Shows the depth in our squad at this level that we can out that out and Walker, Ginnelly and Roberts can't even make the bench. Good to see Berra fit as well even as cover.

Think that'll be a diamond with 2 up top.  

Not sure what to make of that. Hearts weren't anything great and seemed to be playing within themselves. Seemed like they could go up a couple of gears if they could be bothered. That said we didn't exactly threaten for most of the game. Pretty uninspiring all round TBH. Glad I got to see it but also glad I never paid.

The positives were that we won and we put a few nice moves together, including both goals, but otherwise it wasn't a great performance. The formation didn't really work and the lack of width meant players were turning inside and playing it back too often.

Inverness were decent and pressed us well but didn't really create many clear cut chances until the goal, which made it an uncomfortable finish.

We're very stodgy in the middle of the park if we play Haring and Halliday - neither can go by a player and while their passing is OK it's safe mainly.

One of those two beside Irving or Lee most weeks would be better balanced.  If we're playing a top level team in the cups it's a different story.

Quite a few of the players are a bit too relaxed knowing we have the quality to win games without being at full pelt. Slack touches and over confidence still there