Hearts v Inverness

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It's not some deliberate "f**k you", they've consistently been the biggest rip-off merchants outside the Old Firm in terms of ticket pricing. £29 for away fans at Tynecastle last season.

And home fans.  Our prices are too high, I'll not argue.  But the equivalent seats are the same price home or away, and some seats are more for home fans, it's not trying to just rip off non-Hearts fans.  

Very few clubs have as many ST holders as us, the club obviously feel they can't offer PPV at a much cheaper rate than it is for the 11,000 fans who've forked out upfront.  I don't agree with it, I paid my ST and knew the situation.  I would rather it was £12 or so for a PPV stream as we'd be likely to make more money that way rather than price out that market. 

Thing is, not everyone would be the same, people will complain regardless and from Hearts point of view, pissing off your own fan base is probably more of an issue than annoying away fans.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

And home fans.  Our prices are too high, I'll not argue.  But the equivalent seats are the same price home or away, and some seats are more for home fans, it's not trying to just rip off non-Hearts fans.  

This isn't true. Home fans have the option of buying cheaper tickets in another category, away fans are forced to buy them in the £29 category.

Edited by craigkillie

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Very few clubs have as many ST holders as us, the club obviously feel they can't offer PPV at a much cheaper rate than it is for the 11,000 fans who've forked out upfront.  I don't agree with it, I paid my ST and knew the situation.  I would rather it was £12 or so for a PPV stream as we'd be likely to make more money that way rather than price out that market. 

Thing is, not everyone would be the same, people will complain regardless and from Hearts point of view, pissing off your own fan base is probably more of an issue than annoying away fans.

I recollect that Hearts fans have been more than generous in supporting their club, isn't there some sort of Foundation where many fans make monthly donations over and above their ST and team product purchases, seems like Hearts management think they have an endless money tree when in comes to the fans, to my mind that same management should have offered Season Ticket prices in line with other Championship clubs as a way of apology for letting the fans down by having a major Scottish club relegated.

Perversely the opposite seems to be the case.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's not some deliberate "f**k you", they've consistently been the biggest rip-off merchants outside the Old Firm in terms of ticket pricing. £29 for away fans at Tynecastle last season.

Supply and demand. The price set for one of Scottish football's consistently filled allocation for away days.🙃

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

This isn't true. Home fans have the option of buying cheaper tickets in another category, away fans are forced to buy them in the £29 category.

It's exactly true.  The "equivalent seats". so the other half of the Roseburn, or the upper section of the Gorgie end.  what other away grounds allow you your choice of area? Not many I can think of.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I recollect that Hearts fans have been more than generous in supporting their club, isn't there some sort of Foundation where many fans make monthly donations over and above their ST and team product purchases, seems like Hearts management think they have an endless money tree when in comes to the fans, to my mind that same management should have offered Season Ticket prices in line with other Championship clubs as a way of apology for letting the fans down by having a major Scottish club relegated.

Perversely the opposite seems to be the case.

At the time ST's went on sale it hadn't been decided what league we'd be in, the decision to end the season PPG hadn't been taken.  We like every club had to plan so it could well have been for the Premiership, and our ST's had a reduction as well.  £450 is clearly steep but it's a platinum ST, you could buy an adult one from £285 as well.  I don't think Hearts fans have been milked more than many other fans supporters, and those that bought the platinum tickets are getting money back from the club via vouchers which can be used for the club shop or hospitality and anyone who is unhappy with the ST arrangement was entitled to a refund.

And again, I am not defending the PPV price, it's far too high.

5 hours ago, craigkillie said:

To be fair you were guaranteed 3 points as a part of that £29. Well worth it imo.

Not for the first time, our pricing is a bit off the mark but it’s somewhat dictated by the season ticket pricing and the total f**k up we made of that. Loyalty comes at a price I guess.
As for the game, hopefully Gino is fit to start and he’ll probably go in for Roberts and we’ll stick with BCW (Bald Craig Wighton) out wide and the rest the same as we started v Hibs. Probably too early for Naismith and Haring to start, but we looked a far better side with them playing, unsurprisingly.
Tight game against Caley a month ago but they got pumped off the pars and had an even looking (by the stats) 1-1 with Ayr who haven’t started great. Convincing win v Arbroath but I think Arbroath’s season will be determined by their home results rather than away.
All in all, Robbo to keep the juggernaut rolling on to league dominance and a home win.