Airdrieonians v Clyde

We haven't won away from home in the league since Falkirk last October.

We haven't scored away from home in five league games, our worst run since 89/90. In fact, if it wasn't for Cuddihy's goal at Forfar then we wouldn't have scored an away league goal since that Falkirk game either

27 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Just to clarify, was this a game Clyde should be winning?

12 minutes ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Can only beat what’s put out infront of ye 🤪

I think that FifeSons is simply making a very fair point in the wake of comments made by over keen Clyde fans last week.

29 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Stuart Millar masterclass, for me. 

Never in doubt. 

Well that was a wee bit better... 

No complaints at all today. Thought the whole team were excellent. The back 4 were solid and kept Goodwillie quiet. McCann was his usual high standard at the back and going forward. His delivery was much better today and he linked up really well with Connell. Sabatini strolled it, as always. Great at winning possession and so calm and composed on the ball. He's absolutely key to retaining possession, recycling the ball and getting us positively up the park. Robert had a cracking game. His ball to Carrick for the second goal was lovely. He's still raw but I think the more he plays the sharper and more dangerous he'll get. Connell, Carrick and Gallagher were all sharp and took their goals well. Pleasing that Gallagher and Connell were able to get off the mark. All played with confidence so hopefully they'll take that forward into the rest of the season. Thought McKay played well too though I think MacDonald can still consider himself unfortunate to have been dropped. Was encouraged by the fact that we continued to go for it after the 5th and we were unlucky not to score a couple more. Lovely stuff! 

If I have to moan... I would say that it makes last week's result all the more frustrating. See what happens when you play players who can control and pass a football? 

Clyde really were dreadful today. Quite remarkable just how rank rotten they were. We looked like we could have stuck another few past them had we fancied it. They have a good goalie and a top striker but apart from that, just utter dross. Pure, unadulterated dugmeat. No composure, no fight, no organisation, no discernible strategy... hell, no midfield at all, by the looks of things. 

Pleasing. 

I said in the Dumbarton thread (before the original game was postponed) that we should create enough to take something from any game. Don't think we've had a clear cut opportunity in the 3 matches since. Desperately worrying stuff at present.2 cup games against 2 full time sides next is the last thing we need. May aswell just forfeit them and take the 0-3s as we'll lose both games by a bigger margin playing them.

Edited by C. Muir

4 hours ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Just seen the team, and it looks like Murray sticking with the "hard to beat" thought. 7 (including GK) out of 11 players being defensive.

Absolutely shambolic. Murray hasn't got a clue. Even a 1-0 win here papers over the cracks. I'm really starting to hate this way of thinking. I'd rather go down 4-3 than a 0-1 bore fest.

That aged well 😂