Airdrieonians v Clyde

Lang is a CH.. please don’t get drawn into the trap of desperation and start to play guys out of position, it’s a disaster waiting to happen. Not Lang in particular any player out of position, simply does not work outside emergency situation.

2 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Lang is a CH.. please don’t get drawn into the trap of desperation and start to play guys out of position, it’s a disaster waiting to happen. Not Lang in particular any player out of position, simply does not work outside emergency situation.

Entirely agree,  Airdrie have done this for years trying to show horn promising players into positions and try to justify their decisions...   Jamie Bain being perfect example who now plays with yourselves,  Jamie came through the Airdrie youth system and progressed to the first team as a right back,nothing special a limited lower league defender,  because he could "hit a baw" we decide to play him further up the park,it might work for a,game through necessity not to cover up the deficiencies in recruitment,   I believe he is playing midfield for yourselves and struggling, I wonder why....

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Entirely agree,  Airdrie have done this for years trying to show horn promising players into positions and try to justify their decisions...   Jamie Bain being perfect example who now plays with yourselves,  Jamie came through the Airdrie youth system and progressed to the first team as a right back,nothing special a limited lower league defender,  because he could "hit a baw" we decide to play him further up the park,it might work for a,game through necessity not to cover up the deficiencies in recruitment,   I believe he is playing midfield for yourselves and struggling, I wonder why....

Bain is playing right back for Clyde. He was poor on Tuesday but otherwise has been unspectacularly fine.

Confidence high in both camps I see..... 

Understandably this game will have more pressure than usual for the managers after a sluggish start. Airdrie really need a reaction to last week's defeat, which will show if Murray has the ability to fire the players up. If we lose again, then the pressure is really on him.

On paper we have the players capable of winning this but that really counts for fu(k all of the tactics are rotten. 

Not overly confident, but I'm going for a scrappy 2-1 victory for Airdrie. 

Not confident about this one at all. Encouraging Clyde feel the same way at least. 

Need changes and a reaction after last week. 

I believe Currie is still self-isolating and Roy is still injured. Therefore, I'd like to go: 

Hutton 

MacDonald Fordyce Crighton McCann 

Sabatini 

O'Reilly Robert Carrick 

Gallagher Connell 

Knowing Murray it will probably be: 

James Low 

Fordyce Gallagher Sabatini Carrick  

Thomson Kerr McKay McCann 

Crighton Murdoch 

Not confident about this one at all. Encouraging Clyde feel the same way at least. 
Need changes and a reaction after last week. 
I believe Currie is still self-isolating and Roy is still injured. Therefore, I'd like to go: 
Hutton 
Sabatini 
O'Reilly Robert Carrick 
Gallagher Connell 

Bold to have Sabatini play centre mid entirely on his own. I'd drop one of the strikers (not fussed which one) for either Kerr or McKay and make it 4231, although I'm not sure about Robert playing centrally as his whole game seems to be about getting the ball down and taking a man on. I don't feel great about moving Carrick from the left hand side where he's done so well but it maybe makes sense to play him in the number 10 role as he's capable of it and it would let Robert play out wide. Carrick should still be able to make late runs into the box from this position. Alternatively you could bring Stokes in to play the number 10 role, keep Carrick on the left and play one of O'Reilly or Robert on the right but I've not been convinced by his substitute cameos so far if I'm being honest.

9 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Bold to have Sabatini play centre mid entirely on his own. I'd drop one of the strikers (not fussed which one) for either Kerr or McKay and make it 4231, although I'm not sure about Robert playing centrally as his whole game seems to be about getting the ball down and taking a man on. I don't feel great about moving Carrick from the left hand side where he's done so well but it maybe makes sense to play him in the number 10 role as he's capable of it and it would let Robert play out wide. Carrick should still be able to make late runs into the box from this position. Alternatively you could bring Stokes in to play the number 10 role, keep Carrick on the left and play one of O'Reilly or Robert on the right but I've not been convinced by his substitute cameos so far if I'm being honest.

Yeah I agree with this. Kerr and Sabatini worked well pre-season but I think I’d go with McKay and Sabatini tomorrow as McKay offers a bit more going forward. I think Carrick has the skills to play a similar role to Kurtis Roberts last year, driving the team forward and supporting the striker and wide players, but at a higher level and hopefully for a full 90 minutes. I thought Connell was ok last week but I’d go with Gallagher ahead of him for this. 

9 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

I agree regards Sabatini and Robert; for Sabatini, I'd like them to go back to him and Kerr, which showed some real promise early on. I think Carrick is undoubtedly capable of playing as a 10 and it does allow Robert a start out wide, where he seems to like to play. I'm similarly withholding judgement on him; he hasn't really done much of note yet, but clearly has shown in flashes that there is a real talent, a good turn of pace and some skill that, at least at this level, could be a game changer. More patience needed with him and I'd sooner see Stokes start as a midfielder in front of Kerr and Sabatini who will get closer to the forward, so I'd likely prefer that at least for now, with Carrick and either Thomson or O'Reily either side. Neither of those two have looked any better than the other, but Thomson roasted Clyde the second half of the 3-1 home win last season so I might stick with him for this one. 

I guess we shall see, but Clyde will surely be showing a reaction after two defeats. The hope is we will, too, but my fear is that we cancel each other out, in which case they have Goodwillie who can provide that one moment of quality that wins tight games. 

20 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Forgot about Stokes. Would like to see him get more game time. He hasn't done a lot but he's only had about 5 minutes here or there and/or came on in desperation. 

Would go with: 

Hutton 

McKay Sabatini 

Robert Stokes Carrick 

Gallagher 

On 05/11/2020 at 09:37, Clyde_1977 said:

Clyde to play a leveinesque 4-0-6 and bypass our midfield completely... midfield problems sorted!!

Cannot see past a Airdrie win I'm afraid but hopefully we can at least rally and muster a performance

With all the confident post predicting both teams shortfalls ... this could a 0 0 or a 6 all lol 

46 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Forgot about Stokes. Would like to see him get more game time. He hasn't done a lot but he's only had about 5 minutes here or there and/or came on in desperation. 

Would go with: 

Hutton 

McKay Sabatini 

Robert Stokes Carrick 

Gallagher 

That team is probably our most creative and deserves a chance,  we need goals and 3 points to give us a chance of a playoff anything less and the pressure gets cranked up even this early in the season, Stokes looked a player in preseasson,  but is now very much looking out of favour,  Why...  Interesting to note we are playing in our black kit,      probably mix it with yellow shorts and red socks.....  

Can't see past a home win here.  We have no link up between defence and the midfields (assuming that we will have a midfield).  We lack the playmaking and creativity of Ray Grant, and will struggle as we have done in the last two games.  The creative midfielder that is Chris Johnston will be on the bench (as will be Scott Rumsby), and we will struggle to have any shape at all.  Goodwillie and Syverston (please stop insulting the guy by calling him Norway) can be among the best strikers in the league, but with no service, we shall only see 90 minutes of frustration for them.  Assuming that either of them find the net, I shall go for 3 1 Airdrie.  We shall rely on David Mitchell to keep the score down.