Airdrieonians v Clyde

Two teams who won their first games but have struggled since. I doubt either side’s fans are terribly confident going into this but there’s no reason why Airdrie can’t win this and if we want to push for promotion we really need to be winning our home games. 

Last season’s games against Clyde were a real mixed bag. Airdrie were excellent in the second half of the 3-1 home win but never turned up in the game at Broadwood, where Clyde were by far the better team. My main memories of the other game are the indirect free kick in the penalty box and Paul McKay playing on the wing but Airdrie were fairly comfortable winners on the day. I’m expecting Saturday’s game to be a bit tighter though. Goodwillie normally gives Crighton and Fordyce a hard time so hopefully they’ve improved on last week’s performance. 

I think Murray will make a few changes for this one. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of MacDonald, Thomson, Connell and Gallagher dropping to the bench. 

I don't think either side are likely to go on 3 game losing streaks, so I expect we have a draw in the offing...

I sincerely hope we get our act together and react after that frustrating display last weekend; if Clyde are less defensively resolute than Dumbarton (indications from their last two suggest they are, but hey ho) we might get a few gifts. If we could create some more actual chances, that'd be lovely, but if not, then let's hope we take the couple of chances we do actually make this time.

Another Gallagher overhead kick would go down nicely, but I don't want to be greedy. Just gies a win, Airdrie. 

I have predicted a 2-1 home win, since Goodwillie nearly always scores. However I was rubbish at this malarkey last season, so this could be miles out. Reading Clyde fans last night on P/B made me think they must be duff. Games are of course played by players, and set out by managers which means Ian Murray will stick to his stubborn approach and grind out a 1-0 win, to deny me a full result. 

1 hour ago, Eric the half a b said:

Eh I remember last season going to Broadwood number of  Airdrie will stroll it  posts from both sides ... you lot gubbed us we were awful.

Still 2-1 Airdrie ♦️

We looked really strong in cup games and thistle game but last 2 performances hopeless, I do expect us to pick up at some point this is the type of game we would end up getting a result

28 minutes ago, lumos said:

To win on Saturday we need to start at pace and show self belief. Big Norway on from the start, hopefully Cunningham too. Push Lang forward into midfield . 4-1-3 -2 . Norway and Goodwillie up front together

Why move our best defender into midfield to leave us struggling at the  back?