Rangers of Govan vs Academicals of Hamilton. 8th November.

My favourite part of the game was when my stream randomly changed from Clive Tyldesley and Kevin Thomson to two random Hamilton fans that seem to do commentary for Hamiltom TV or some shit and it was just when they went 3-0 down after conceding 3 in like 5 minutes and they were discussing how hopefully they would would at least shape up well defensively.

Not Hamilton fans, a hearts fan and somebodies pal from Larkhall (probably a ***). Those 2 clowns on commentary would still have been the worst part of the game for any Hamilton fan stupid enough to pay for that shit.

8 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

When I saw "Bobby Sands" was trending on Twitter it made me curious enough to click.

I wish I hadn't bothered.

Not the kind of shite that we classy P&B Bears indulge in.  Pop over to one of the other cheek threads.  They're making jokes about blokes being on their period.

4 hours ago, Andrew Driver said:

Be interesting to see whether Rangers invite their fans back post-Covid.     For many clubs their fans are the '12th man' - but Rangers are clearly playing with more freedom without the bile pouring down from the stands.    James Tavernier in particular looks delighted that he can just concentrate on playing football.  

4 hours ago, bennett said:

FFS Tav!!!

His post doesn’t apply to you, ben. He meant fans actually going to Ibrox.

4 hours ago, bennett said:

Definitely,  he knows that of move doesn't pay off then he won't have the fans on his back and he's been a totally different player this season. 

At times we can be our own worst enemies.

:lol: 

13 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Am I an outcast for still not understanding, nor willing to try and understand what all this xG shite means? 

I would say you're more of a Luddite than an outcast mate. But it's worth learning, because it's the most predictive football metric around that's publicly accessible.

Basically, an xG of 4.94 means that, from the shots we take, we could expect to score 4.94 goals. This is calculated by recording where a shot was taken, comparing it to a calculated probability of that shot going in, then assigning that probability to the shot. So penalties, for example, are scored somewhere between 75 - 78% of the time on average, so a penalty has an xG value of between 0.75 - 0.78.

The probabilities are calculated based on thousands of shot locations from years of football.

Now obviously, the chance of Lionel Messi converting a shot and a diddy like Patryk Klimala converting that same shot are different, because Messi is a better player. So better players (and therefore teams) tend to overperform their xG, which is what we did today. Logically, it follows that poor teams underperform their xG.

Now I was cheating a little bit, because single game xG isn't really a very good analysis of a game. There's a lot of luck in football after all. The best way to evaluate xG is to look at it as a trend over a stretch of games.

9 hours ago, accies1874 said:
9 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:
I think they're missing the white hot atmosphere created by our fans.

I don't think they know to clear crosses without Tatty telling them to.

Need an organiser in defence.a no nonsense guy who can tell them to " get it away ...away"😂

7 hours ago, Owsley said:

A Canning team lost 6-0 to Hibs, to be fair. At least we're getting absolutely horsed against a better calibre side.

What I would say in defence of Canning(can't believe I said that  as I wanted him out  after the 5-0 defeat at Firhill in his temporary spell in charge) is that after a few really,really  bad results we would grab a win somewhere out of nowhere against The odds.

The same could be said of last season's Accies team under Rice but we had fighters in that team like McGowan, Gogic and to a lesser extent hard workers like Oakley.

This squad doesn't have the Accies DNA in fighting for every point and the blame for that lies in those who brought them in,namely Rice and Maitland.

I said at the start of the season I thought this squad could lose the first 11 games without taking a point as I had the fear looking at the calibre of recruitment and we could have done so: lucky against Dundee United who missed two sitters,a lucky win at Fir Park and at Livvy it was 1-1 when they hit the bar.

Sadly,we all now have "the fear" and it is scary how bad this could get unless we  change direction.This squad will now be bereft of all confidence and there are no Imrie,McKinnon or big Marko types to galvinise,kick arse and steady the sinking ship.

I feel worse now than I did during the really bad years as there were circumstances which led us there but this has been due to monumental fcuk ups and as usual it will be the fans who get the blame when the brown stuff hits the fan.

7 hours ago, G51 said:

I would say you're more of a Luddite than an outcast mate. But it's worth learning, because it's the most predictive football metric around that's publicly accessible.

Basically, an xG of 4.94 means that, from the shots we take, we could expect to score 4.94 goals. This is calculated by recording where a shot was taken, comparing it to a calculated probability of that shot going in, then assigning that probability to the shot. So penalties, for example, are scored somewhere between 75 - 78% of the time on average, so a penalty has an xG value of between 0.75 - 0.78.

The probabilities are calculated based on thousands of shot locations from years of football.

Now obviously, the chance of Lionel Messi converting a shot and a diddy like Patryk Klimala converting that same shot are different, because Messi is a better player. So better players (and therefore teams) tend to overperform their xG, which is what we did today. Logically, it follows that poor teams underperform their xG.

Now I was cheating a little bit, because single game xG isn't really a very good analysis of a game. There's a lot of luck in football after all. The best way to evaluate xG is to look at it as a trend over a stretch of games.

Stopped reading after “I would say”.

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

When I saw "Bobby Sands" was trending on Twitter it made me curious enough to click.

I wish I hadn't bothered.

I'm usually pretty au fait with paramilitary allusions (probably too much so), but that one has me baffled.

Was he hoping for 10-0? (10 hunger strikers.)

3 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Dunno mate you’re a bigger one than me.

I get that you're only here (and everywhere else) to take pops at Bennett, I was just wondering what you meant by fans going to Ibrox.

Seems it was just a very poorly thought out dig.