Ross County v Livingston - FRIDAY NIGHT SHOWDOWN

Hoping for a big reaction from the team after a total shit show against Motherwell. Would like to see us go with the 4-2-3-1 with pace in the team.

GK: Stryjek - Hasn't done anything wrong to warrant being dropped.

RB: Devlin - POTM off the back of some good performances and has bags of pace.

CB: Efe - I know he made a mistake against Rangers but I still believe he's our best CB and his range of passing gets us up the park quicker.

CB: Guthrie - I've been critical of his performances this season but he loves a goal against Ross County who don't seem to be able to handle balls into the box any better than we do.

LB: Serrano - Had a poor game against Motherwell but who didn't? He's a great outball for Efe to aim for and links up well with his winger.

CM: Lawson - Has a lot of pace and dribbling ability plus his deliveries tend to be great. Not as defensive as Bartley but being too defensive hasn't worked for us.

CM: Holt - I don't get the hate for the guy. He's a proper donkey work type player who will do the dirty stuff that nobody else wants to (like Bartley but quicker). He's not spectacular with his passing but will offload to the ball players.

RW: Mullin - Best deliveries in the team and plenty of pace. Already shown he can link up well with Devlin...add Lawson to the mix and they COULD have a field day down the right.

CAM: Pittman - Was looking more like himself before the Motherwell game where he was anonymous. Needs to get closer to the striker and make the runs beyond them.

LW: Forrest - Top scorer and another one who can beat a man. Good with either foot but needs to get crosses in quicker as he has a tendency to take an extra touch or 2 like his brother.

ST: Poplatnik - I'd have said Lars as he looks the perfect target man for balls into the box but Matej has shown he's decent in the air, a willing runner and physical enough to cause issues in the opponent's box. JET has flattered to deceive and I have yet to see him jump never mind win a header.

Subs:

McCrorie

ATS

Fitzwater

Sibbald

Bartley

Tiffoney

Robbo

McMillan

JET

Well, i was wrong...having seen the starting 11 I can only guess at us lining up as

Stryjek

Devlin Brown Guthrie Lawson

Bartley Sibbald

Robbo Pittman Forrest

Jet

Possibly Devlin and Lawson swapping sides to give us better delivery from the right...possibly Robbo playing the deeper role again which could point to more of a 4-3-3.

Serrano missing from the squad is a strange one...but he has played pretty much every game. Would have expected him on the bench unless he's injured

Edited by Cptn Hooch

3 minutes ago, Afro said:

Not confident about this at all. 

Will we ever start Mullin and Forrest? Getting a bit infuriating now. Surely isn’t a binary choice for Holt. 

This. Thought we were signing Mullin so we could actually start with 2 wingers but apparently not. Can call it right now that Mullin will come on to replace Forrest rather than having them both on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

Not confident about this at all. 

Will we ever start Mullin and Forrest? Getting a bit infuriating now. Surely isn’t a binary choice for Holt. 

Doesn't look like it, and i'd wager Forrest will come off when Mullin comes on too, so we wont even see them play together later in the game either.

Serrano must be injured, but ATS seems like a straight like for like replacement, really don't understand Lawson coming in at LB, or Devlin if he's being switched there for Lawson to play RB. Seems weaker choice than having ATS or McMillan playing LB, and Holt messing about with the shape playing player (s) out of their natural position when we have 2 on the bench better suited to playing there.

30 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Our TV getting in the "Livi are big, physical lads" excuses already.

To be fair, the size difference between the bairns in County's midfield and the Livi midfield is pretty striking.

Just now, G51 said:

To be fair, the size difference between the bairns in County's midfield and the Livi midfield is pretty striking.

Hasn't stopped us hammering long balls at Oli Shaw.

We do have Donaldon and Stewart, who are no midgets.