Ross County v Livingston - FRIDAY NIGHT SHOWDOWN

HUGE game for us, if we don't win this one I can see Kettlewell's position being under scrutiny from even the most optimistic of county fans. 

Livi are always a tough game, I'd like to see us set up with an actual defensive midfielder and drop Vigurs because he's had a nightmare the last few weeks, as well as Stewart.

I'd go with:

Doohan 

Randall   Grivosti Iacovitti  Reid

Draper (if fit)

Paton          Lakin

RCC                                                      Gardyne

Shaw

I still don't have much hope tbh but fingers crossed we can fluke a result.

We really need some steel in midfield for this one, as Livi will just press and hound or midfield to death if things go like in previous games.

I think this will be a draw.

56 minutes ago, staggy1929 said:

HUGE game for us, if we don't win this one I can see Kettlewell's position being under scrutiny from even the most optimistic of county fans. 

Livi are always a tough game, I'd like to see us set up with an actual defensive midfielder and drop Vigurs because he's had a nightmare the last few weeks, as well as Stewart.

I'd go with:

Doohan 

Randall   Grivosti Iacovitti  Reid

Draper (if fit)

Paton          Lakin

RCC                                                      Gardyne

Shaw

I still don't have much hope tbh but fingers crossed we can fluke a result.

How is Randall for this, I thought he went off early against DU with a hamstring pull?  Grivosti or Watson at right back, hopefully not a back three as it'll give Livi's wide players too much space.

Surely Josh is stick-on to score one of his wonder goals in this fixture.

Just now, frankthetank22 said:

How is Randall for this, I thought he went off early against DU with a hamstring pull?  Grivosti or Watson at right back, hopefully not a back three as it'll give Livi's wide players too much space.

Surely Josh is stick-on to score one of his wonder goals in this fixture.

Not sure on Randall, I have a suspicion if he's out we'll go 3 at the back, which is just asking for us to get slaughtered. I've already come to terms with Mullin scoring from 40 yards.

Mullin prob wont be starting as we aren't playing both him and Forrest at the same time, and he was largely anonymous against Motherwell, so can see Forrest starting instead. 

Hopefully see a big reaction from that shitshow performance on Sat, could drop the whole starting XI and they'd have no complaint, not one of them deserved a pass mark in that game. Easily our worst performance in our last 5 seasons.

It sounds like both sets of fans are likely equally as pessimistic as each other about this one. Two teams who can’t buy a win the now. 

Very much a must-win game for us, despite it being away. Saturday was a terrible performance, and as others have said, probably our worst since we were relegated to League 1. 

Any win would do me, any at all. 

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

It sounds like both sets of fans are likely equally as pessimistic as each other about this one. Two teams who can’t buy a win the now. 

Very much a must-win game for us, despite it being away. Saturday was a terrible performance, and as others have said, probably our worst since we were relegated to League 1. 

Any win would do me, any at all. 

It's a key game without a doubt, have a lot of time for Livingston and hope they do well this season, obviously not for this match though!

With RCC, Shaw & Gardyne if they were to start and are on it this is definitely winnable. Can see us conceding a goal, but this is a win for me :)

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Josh Mullin hat-trick IMO

Wouldn't be surprised if Mullin get's a goal or two, highly rated for me and a disgrace how we sold him back to a rival. Sell him sure if he wanted to leave, any club in any league but to relegation rivals in same division is madness! Really decent player, he will leave Livingston too once again soon enough, sooner or later and go onto better things!

1 minute ago, Shiva said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Mullin get's a goal or two, highly rated for me and a disgrace how we sold him back to a rival. Sell him sure if he wanted to leave, any club in any league but to relegation rivals in same division is madness! Really decent player, he will leave Livingston too once again soon enough, sooner or later and go onto better things!

Not sure to be honest, his deal has the potential to be 3 years, once that's up he'll be 31

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Bollox, look at Chris Burke!! Still wish he was playing for us!

Think he's got a bit of a way to go to reach Burke's standard, but could see Dundee Utd or Motherwell being interested in him, Utd esp are in need of a decent winger who can cross a ball.

Would love to see us going with an attacking mid 3 of Forrest-Pittman-Mullin, think Forrest and Mullin complement one another, but it hasn't happened yet. More likely it'll be Forrest-Pittman-Robinson for this game. Robbo at least gives us energy and nuisance value, chasing down balls and nicking the ball off defenders.

Even at this stage of the season, its a huge game for both clubs.Rarely easy for the Lions up at Dingwall and i suspect Fridays encounter will be no different. Recent form doesnt bode well for us,but I guess the same could be said for County.Weve got to get back to basics and stop gifting soft goals to the opposition. We are better than this and hopefully the players turn up and show our real play.Too close to call,so i wont.Hopefully an entertaining game though.🦁