Well, that's Giggs Career over if true.

30 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

I thought it was fairly common knowledge that Giggs was a woman beater? Broke the nose of his ex (Davinia Taylor).

A horrible c**t all round really.

Was that when he took out the super-injunction, so that the papers couldn't even report that there was an injunction in place? IIRC some MP shouted out his name in Parliament and that's when it came out.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Was that when he took out the super-injunction, so that the papers couldn't even report that there was an injunction in place? IIRC some MP shouted out his name in Parliament and that's when it came out.

Thought that was when he was shagging his brothers wife?

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

I thought that was about him pumping his brother‘s missus.

Whether this latest allegation is true or not he’s clearly an odious person. Always thought he got off incredibly lightly with the brother thing, the media and public seemed to just forget about it. Compare that to the likes of Terry who (rightly) was vilified for what he done.

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
25 minutes ago, G51 said:
It won't finish his career. It was no surprise that Giggs was a terrible person beforehand.

It should

It should, but it takes *a lot* to end a career in football.

Jon Flanagan hit his fiancee, got released by Liverpool and Rangers shamefully employed him. They knew it was the wrong thing to do because we denied we were signing him for as long as possible, right up until we unveiled him. And we did all this despite knowing he wasn't even very good!

Leigh Griffiths has had multiple charges for racism and yet he's treated like a Celtic and Scotland legend. Neil Lennon threatened to stab his pregnant missus and it had zero effect on his career.

Declan Gallagher served time for taking a baseball bat to a guys head and fracturing his skull, yet you'd never know it happened.

And that's just Scottish football. There's a huge list of football personnel who commit indiscretions and get away with it. Even Adam Johnson was allowed to continue playing for Sunderland on bail while he was accused of being a nonce. And if it wasn't for the fact he's now 33, I guarantee someone would have signed him.

Football has zero interest in reckoning with this. And to be fair, it's not alone, other sports are the same. It's tough to admit the people you idolise are flawed.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Jon Flanagan hit his fiancee, got released by Liverpool and Rangers shamefully employed him. They knew it was the wrong thing to do because we denied we were signing him for as long as possible, right up until we unveiled him. And we did all this despite knowing he wasn't even very good!

Leigh Griffiths has had multiple charges for racism and yet he's treated like a Celtic and Scotland legend. Neil Lennon threatened to stab his pregnant missus and it had zero effect on his career.

Declan Gallagher served time for taking a baseball bat to a guys head and fracturing his skull, yet you'd never know it happened.

And that's just Scottish football. There's a huge list of football personnel who commit indiscretions and get away with it. Even Adam Johnson was allowed to continue playing for Sunderland on bail while he was accused of being a nonce. And if it wasn't for the fact he's now 33, I guarantee someone would have signed him.

Football has zero interest in reckoning with this. And to be fair, it's not alone, other sports are the same. It's tough to admit the people you idolise who might win you matches are flawed.

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Football has zero interest in reckoning with this. And to be fair, it's not alone, other sports are the same. It's tough to admit the people you idolise are flawed.

yeah. Can add Malky McKay to that list too.

5 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

yeah. Can add Malky McKay to that list too.

It was always curious to me that when Malky Mackay was touted as a Scotland manager, there was talk of boycotts because of his past. Yet ask most Scotland fans what their best memory of the past decade was, and they'll tell you it was Griffith's free kicks in the 2-2 draw against England. His past never plays a part in the conversation about whether he should be called up - his fitness is only ever the concern.

Like @Jacksgranda says above, perhaps the difference is that Griffiths is good and Mackay isn't?

Edited by G51

I don't think examples of domestic violence and racism can be properly compared.

In the cases of Mackay and Griffiths, anti-racism charities have (and will) actively discourage booting one-off offenders out of the game permanently, instead preferring to use them as examples of education that a casual racist text or chant in a pub can be just as damaging as saying the N word to someone's face.

That might sound a bit fluffy and doesn't make their actions any less cretinous, but I do think that's a better approach than blanket zero-tolerance in terms of achieving anti-racism objectives.

The public apology -> training course -> carry on and don't do again route isn't really open to domestic violence or sexual offenders though.

Using the Adam Johnson example, I don't think clubs haven't picked him up again just because he's in his thirties. Likewise Goodwillie, who would probably still be playing in the top flight. Even at Thistle, we (eventually) shooed Adam Strachan and Jai Quitongo out the door for slapping their girlfriends about and, even if they weren't very good, I'm sure they'd still have had a much better shot at full-time football if clubs weren't looking at their criminal records.

Any option outside punting him immediately does immense damage to the Welsh FA's reputation that I don't think even the British sporting press could save. I'd be stunned if he manages another game.

Edited by AMMjag