St Mirren v Dundee Utd 06/11

31 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

I can see Nicky Clark causing us problems and would task Foley with a man marking job on him when we're defending. We cannot allow him time & space.

It would be a bit silly to man mark Clark at the expense of Shankland. Clark's got a few goals this season but that's included 2 against Brechin, 2 penalties, 1 direct free kick and 1 which deflected in off his pus. That accounts for 6 of his 7 goals.

15 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

You write I expect United to score more goals than us.  Then go onto to write this could be our best chance of winning  with your formation. Hope your right with the latter. Your defence will be spot on. Midfield and forward line is a bit of a guess given we now have a full squad to choose from. Like you I hope Dennis gets the nod. Midfield , Jake Doyle-Hayes sounds as bit of a player if the hype is true. You have Flynn also. Dont think your too off the mark with that selection.  The fact 5 subs can be used I can see Goodwin using up the quota.  Nice to have so many choices for the first time this season. Have a good feeling about this game. United are decent but not unbeatable Im going for a Buddies win we the fans are due it after a 5 week break. 

My formation, in my opinion, gives us the best chance of a result against United - Particularly playing of  the front four and having them play further in the pitch. Unfortunately though, i don't believe we'll play this way and Goodwin will try to shitfest his way to a draw or a contained 1-0 win on the counter and we'll come undone.

Hoping for what i want to see and a decent win against a side that we should be better than.

12 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

It would be a bit silly to man mark Clark at the expense of Shankland. Clark's got a few goals this season but that's included 2 against Brechin, 2 penalties, 1 direct free kick and 1 which deflected in off his pus. That accounts for 6 of his 7 goals.

We have two CH's that can contain and deal with Shankland effectively. Clark's goal return isn't the only reason why i'd man mark him. He is far more mobile and effective from deeper areas than Shankland is. He makes key passes in key areas and I think if we nullify him, we've got a chance.

49 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

We have two CH's that can contain and deal with Shankland effectively. Clark's goal return isn't the only reason why i'd man mark him. He is far more mobile and effective from deeper areas than Shankland is. He makes key passes in key areas and I think if we nullify him, we've got a chance.

Clark's a decent player, but I think you might be overestimating his contribution.

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

He really isn't.

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

St Mirren fans trying to unsettle us, naming Connolly in their proposed line ups.

What's the best pub for a pre match pint or two, Buddies? Sheep's Heid? The Alamo seems to have closed.

Er... without wanting to come across all Helen Lovejoy, but (a) aren't you not meant to travel, and (b) are the pubs even open?

If the pubs are/were open then I'd always recommend The Bull.

2 minutes ago, Biscuits said:

Can’t even hazard a guess at the formation. 5-2-2-1? 3–4-2-1?

5-3-2, I reckon. Tait in the back three, the other two as wingbacks. McGrath playing off Dennis with the other three in the middle of midfield.

I wasn't going to bother watching but I'm keen to see the new guys.

Edited by Coventry Saint