St Mirren v Dundee Utd 06/11

37 minutes ago, Twinkle said:
40 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:
I won’t be impressed if we lose to a team containing that bellend Mark Connolly. 

I wont be impressed if we start a team containing that bellend Mark Connolly

There are times when consensus is good.

8 hours ago, Big Shedboy said:

All Paisley/Glasgow bantz aside, I read that St. Mirren haven't played for 27 days.

Do you have a full squad available? Will you have the guile to break down our 10 man defence?

The only injury we had before our "break" was Ryan Flynn. He was playing in the training match today, so looks like he's fit now. Hasn't played since January though.

I think it will be a really good game tonight and as we're struggling with lack of fitness and game time and generally pish defensively., i can see a decent number of goals being scored in the match - Probably more for United than Saints

I'd like to see us play the below formation and XI tonight - depending on current fitness obviously - but i think this could be our best chance of winning and a good, attacking set up with Durmus and Connolly playing inside slightly to allow Mason and Tait to play as proper wingbacks and get forward. I'd even allow the front three behind Dennis to interchange throughout the match - All have ability to cause United problems, especially if we can isolate Mark Reynolds and get at him.

It allows us to employ a relatively decent defensive shape when we don't have the ball and sets us up for an explosive counter when we recover the ball.

I can see Nicky Clark causing us problems and would task Foley with a man marking job on him when we're defending. We cannot allow him time & space.

Prediction: 2-3 United 

image.png.33f222c9b49ade3fd85d2bfb51f381b3.pngimage.png

Edited by Spam_Valley

2 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

I think it will be a really good game tonight and as we're struggling with lack of fitness and game time and generally pish defensively., i can see a decent number of goals being scored in the match - Probably more for United than Saints

I'd like to see us play the below formation and XI tonight - depending on current fitness obviously - but i think this could be our best chance of winning and a good, attacking set up with Durmus and Connolly playing inside slightly to allow Mason and Tait to play as proper wingbacks and get forward. I'd even allow the front three behind Dennis to interchange throughout the match - All have ability to cause United problems, especially if we can isolate Mark Reynolds and get at him.

It allows us to employ a relatively decent defensive shape when we don't have the ball and sets us up for an explosive counter when we recover the ball.

I can see Nicky Clark causing us problems and would task Foley with a man marking job on him when we're defending. We cannot allow him time & space.

image.png.33f222c9b49ade3fd85d2bfb51f381b3.pngimage.png.3c6b0ec0aba89c07770a671b124ed8d3.png

image.png

You write I expect United to score more goals than us.  Then go onto to write this could be our best chance of winning  with your formation. Hope your right with the latter. Your defence will be spot on. Midfield and forward line is a bit of a guess given we now have a full squad to choose from. Like you I hope Dennis gets the nod. Midfield , Jake Doyle-Hayes sounds as bit of a player if the hype is true. You have Flynn also. Dont think your too off the mark with that selection.  The fact 5 subs can be used I can see Goodwin using up the quota.  Nice to have so many choices for the first time this season. Have a good feeling about this game. United are decent but not unbeatable Im going for a Buddies win we the fans are due it after a 5 week break.