Serbians test positive for COVID

G51

Alex Gogic had to isolate and missed a call up for Cyprus in August due to a false positive.

Assume the rules are different with different governments etc but surely there should be standard rules across all of UEFA to stop inconsistencies like these arising.

For me, I’d still have us as quite big underdogs. Serbia still have a great array of talent to choose from and they’re at home. No doubt this will help us a bit but won’t be getting too giddy.

16 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Yeah our struggles against Czech C should serve as a lesson should these guys be ruled out.

Aye but when you consider the one-off games we've had to qualify for a major tournament since 1998, only Georgia away was an easier game than this one IMO. 

Euro 2000: away to England trying to overcome a 2-0 deficit

Euro 2004: away to Holland with a 1-0 lead to protect

Euro 2008: away to Georgia and home to Italy, win vs either one gets us through.

Euro 2020: away to Serbia, win gets us through.

Wild that this is the closest we've come since then.

25 minutes ago, G51 said:

Aye but when you consider the one-off games we've had to qualify for a major tournament since 1998, only Georgia away was an easier game than this one IMO. 

Euro 2000: away to England trying to overcome a 2-0 deficit

Euro 2004: away to Holland with a 1-0 lead to protect

Euro 2008: away to Georgia and home to Italy, win vs either one gets us through.

Euro 2020: away to Serbia, win gets us through.

Wild that this is the closest we've come since then.

The Georgia bit isn't true. Even if we'd beaten Georgia we wouldn't have been guaranteed to go through, we'd still have needed to draw with Italy to guarantee it.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

The Georgia bit isn't true. Even if we'd beaten Georgia we wouldn't have been guaranteed to go through, we'd still have needed to draw with Italy to guarantee it.

Right enough, I forgot France only drew with Ukraine.

That makes it our best chance to qualify since 1998 then, I'd say.