Cancel the season??

13 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Below is the statement from Coronavirus Officer of a WoSFL club who along with the manager and coach of that club resigned at the weekend

“We’ve left until it is safe to make a return to football. You can’t have control of the situation. You’re trying to contact everybody, get your temperatures done and the next thing somebody’s come in and you’ve not noticed them or they have not contacted you. It just goes on and on and it creates what we consider an unsafe environment, on top of the lack of shower facilities, lack of promotion. It just went on and on, the concerns we had for the season itself and for people’s safety."

Never knew that was a health risk!

53 minutes ago, Chis said:

At least my comments are being supported with more details of non-compliance coming to light. I have made by point and will now leave the thread but will watch to see if non-compliance continues to be overlooked by some clubs while being allowed to do as they please. You will also note that unlike some I have never resorted to name calling to make my point.

I believe managers/coaches of clubs with no game have been on the “list” to get into games, but if a kick in the teeth to the communities who can’t get to watch.

2 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

I believe managers/coaches of clubs with no game have been on the “list” to get into games, but if a kick in the teeth to the communities who can’t get to watch.

On the bright side there must be at least a couple of hundred new Committee men signed up to the clubs.

Bodes well for the future😂

Comeontheloknow - each club made the decision based on thier own circumstances, there may be some who will regret that the further we go into this season 

A question for you though - your statement outlined "guaranteeing the safety of volunteers and players on matchdays" which is understandable - why enter a team in the under 20s league? I find that baffling!!

1 hour ago, Glass ceiling said:

Comeontheloknow - each club made the decision based on thier own circumstances, there may be some who will regret that the further we go into this season 

A question for you though - your statement outlined "guaranteeing the safety of volunteers and players on matchdays" which is understandable - why enter a team in the under 20s league? I find that baffling!!

They are ours in name and registration only I guess - ran by the Pollok United guys.

Edited by cmontheloknow

I read somewhere that players are being paid expences with the priviso that their wages will be back dated when football returns to normal. I can't remember where it was I read it our who the club were. Did anybody else see this? Dangerous state of affairs in the current climate.

I read somewhere that players are being paid expences with the priviso that their wages will be back dated when football returns to normal. I can't remember where it was I read it our who the club were. Did anybody else see this? Dangerous state of affairs in the current climate.

On a side note does anyone really think committees are going to make decisions that will impact on their long term viability? Of course they aren’t. Clubs are making decisions that they think are right for them and the only people they have to justify it to is their members.

That’s funny because they all stated that it was because of health and safety.?
Pretty sure Kilbirnie never mentioned Health And Safety as a reason for withdrawing. Only question to fans was should we play competitive football without fans? Overwhelming response was no. Simple.