Cancel the season??

11 minutes ago, clash city rocker said:

Home fans only to begin with is the way forward however once a club starts making money surely players who have agreed to play for nothing or nearly nothing should start being paid as per contract. Would reduced gates/hospitality etc not have impact on clubs ?

We wouldn't be back to completely normal but the players have been great and we'll continue the dialogue with them as we make our way through this.

Most clubs who are still playing - would welcome crowds of up to 350-400 as close to normal anyroad. Hospitality is obviously an issue - although other options such as remote hospitality at a venue that could accommodate may be something that could be done. 

None of it is easy - but who'dve thought that Live Streaming of our games would be a thing a mere few years ago. We looked at it but technology has caught up and its now a revenue source. 

Hopefully Ladeside back as soon as possible. 

11 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

We wouldn't be back to completely normal but the players have been great and we'll continue the dialogue with them as we make our way through this.

Most clubs who are still playing - would welcome crowds of up to 350-400 as close to normal anyroad. Hospitality is obviously an issue - although other options such as remote hospitality at a venue that could accommodate may be something that could be done. 

None of it is easy - but who'dve thought that Live Streaming of our games would be a thing a mere few years ago. We looked at it but technology has caught up and its now a revenue source. 

Hopefully Ladeside back as soon as possible. 

Whit planet are you on ??????

Remote Hospitality your having a giraffe 🦒 

Can only sit at a table in a cafe or restaurant with people from my household and one other household and you think fans can go somewhere and gather to watch a football match being streamed !!!

Just accept that we ain’t going to see football in grounds or remotely for the foreseeable future

Also IMO the government should not be allowing a Mickey Mouse kid on so called professional league to be playing at all 

2 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I should've added when fans are first allowed back. However I do think they can be safely accommodated in the types of numbers that most WOSFL clubs would normally expect. It does depend on Tiers though. 3 or 4 probably not. 0-2 I dont see why not. All outside and if distanced and home fans only - with streaming encouraged - then travel issues are diminished somewhat. 

image.jpeg.7368b58f78869640ca2dc87c892c7e24.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

So called?

Players get paid therefore they are professional.Certainly no less professional than all of the part time clubs in the SPFL .

Clubs that have no intention of getting licensed and wanted to stay Mickey Mouse should just have stayed in the West Juniors imo.

Maybe if you hadn’t made such a rip roaring c**t of it the last time you were in the promised land you wouldn’t have try and bankrupt yourselves to get back there.

14 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Maybe if you hadn’t made such a rip roaring c**t of it the last time you were in the promised land you wouldn’t have try and bankrupt yourselves to get back there.

Yaawn

By  rip roaring c*** of it you mean playing 3 seasons in the top league in Scotland as a part time club and reaching the Scottish Cup semi final at Hampden.

“We” the fans who own the club now had nothing to do with the demise of the club,which was never bankrupt btw.

There is absolutely no chance that we will ever put the club in jeopardy and we now play our football back in the seniors in an SFA registered league with the chance of progression.

7 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Yaawn

By  rip roaring c*** of it you mean playing 3 seasons in the top league in Scotland as a part time club and reaching the Scottish Cup semi final at Hampden.

“We” the fans who own the club now had nothing to do with the demise of the club,which was never bankrupt btw.

There is absolutely no chance that we will ever put the club in jeopardy and we now play our football back in the seniors in an SFA registered league with the chance of progression.

Was it East Stirlingshire/Clydebank or Clydebank/East Stirlingshire?

3 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I should've added when fans are first allowed back. However I do think they can be safely accommodated in the types of numbers that most WOSFL clubs would normally expect. It does depend on Tiers though. 3 or 4 probably not. 0-2 I dont see why not. All outside and if distanced and home fans only - with streaming encouraged - then travel issues are diminished somewhat. 

I watched a game in the East the other night on Facebook. If the committee can't socially distance themselves what chance have you got of getting fans to do it.

1 hour ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Whit planet are you on ??????

Remote Hospitality your having a giraffe 🦒 

Can only sit at a table in a cafe or restaurant with people from my household and one other household and you think fans can go somewhere and gather to watch a football match being streamed !!!

Just accept that we ain’t going to see football in grounds or remotely for the foreseeable future

Also IMO the government should not be allowing a Mickey Mouse kid on so called professional league to be playing at all 

We've been looking at options. Once restrictions in pubs are lifted a bit then we have a partner who can socially distance tables of 3 or 4 and stream a game to them. Some really good innovative ideas coming out.  Its about working differently within restrictions. 

1 hour ago, Ceejayar said:

I would expect a lockdown in Scotland and “we” being us that live in Scotland. Why would wee Nicola be asking about more time for furlough if that isn't the case , it’s only my opinion.

She more or less stated on Sunday (?) that if the furlough scheme wasn't extended in Scotland for a later date that Scotland would have to shut down just now to take advantage of the extended furlough scheme. She says there has to be some kind of lockdown so there is a gap before Christmas. We are almost certainly heading for another lockdown and I doubt it will be lifted two weeks before Christmas.

Looks like Liverpool is being given the quick test as a whole city. If that works then it needs a vaccine to come along and, in six months, the NHS, Carers, Essential Workers, Over 55's and those with significant health issues may be safeguarded. Many of the remainder will have been exposed to one or other of the two current strains of virus by then. There will still be casualties, not just deaths, in the meantime but, at least, there would be light on the horizon.

If those who test positive stay in isolation then there's a better chance of reducing the speed of spread of the virus i.e. the R Number. Of course, there will always be those who put their self-interest first e.g. infringement of their freedom. If only, somehow, these people who seem to persistently put two digits up to the rest of the world could be publicly shamed if, say, after due caution, they persist with such behaviour?  Photo on the internet or in the local newspaper? 

Coming back to football, or any other group activity, I am sure that no club, league, group, etc would wish to be identified as the potential source of an outbreak of the disease and, as long as these activities are held back then, at least, they are protected from that. However, football and many other activities have suffered greatly by being held back and, while they need financial support immediately. However, the SG could have taken practical steps to help out which may have helped these vital community organisations raise their own funds so that they get through this pandemic. See below. This would also have enabled groups of local people to come together, subject to social distancing, etc, and to continue to be able to support their club, group, etc.

Local people should have been allowed to continue attending LOCAL venues if they wished, albeit subject to covid restrictions. In my view the SG should have accepted that they are the only organisation with the capability to make things happen - and not just Stopping things from happening. You cannot even place such responsibilities onto the shoulders of significant organisations outside Government e.g. the SFA, because the scale of this task is too great.

The SG could have ensured a degree of certainty and continuity and taken responsibility. It has the power and means to e.g. hire, in the case of sports teams, additional portable, ready made, changing facilities. This could have helped many sports clubs serving local people. Given the weather, even temporary spectator shelter can be hired to help with social distancing. Temporary social buildings e.g. portable cabins could be brought in too for all sorts of organisations in order to help with social distancing. Of course, this sort of thing wouldn't work everywhere for a variety of reasons. There would also have been a cost but these facilities would be on hire (so no capital cost) and services would need to be connected, etc, etc. Planning approval wouldn't be needed. 

At the end of the day many local clubs and activities could have continued if the SG had got its' act together but it hasn't.

10 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

We've been looking at options. Once restrictions in pubs are lifted a bit then we have a partner who can socially distance tables of 3 or 4 and stream a game to them. Some really good innovative ideas coming out.  Its about working differently within restrictions. 

The first restriction is the rule of 2 in pubs, until you can get I would say 4 households your going to struggle.

3 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

The first restriction is the rule of 2 in pubs, until you can get I would say 4 households your going to struggle.

Yeah of course. It may well be that it needs to be limited to 2 at first. Im thinking ahead to tier 1 or 0 where the restrictions may be less. This is also applicable to Match Sponsorship packages so someone sponsoring a game and a guest can be looked after. 

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

I watched a game in the East the other night on Facebook. If the committee can't socially distance themselves what chance have you got of getting fans to do it.

Got it in one

More than 80% of teams that are playing are nowhere near following the rules that are in place 

I would go as far to say they are making up rules that suit themselves 

The quicker non announced inspections take place to see who is and who is not following the rules the better.

Seen it on here that a clubs nominated compliance officer and management team resigned as they found it impossible to follow the rules. 

11 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Got it in one

More than 80% of teams that are playing are nowhere near following the rules that are in place 

I would go as far to say they are making up rules that suit themselves 

The quicker non announced inspections take place to see who is and who is not following the rules the better.

Seen it on here that a clubs nominated compliance officer and management team resigned as they found it impossible to follow the rules. 

Agree completely. Stories of dressing rooms being used; individuals being asked to take team strips to games etc. Seems some Clubs are just doing their own thing and paying no attention to Covid rules without any recriminations. When is the IMG going to start taking some action?.