Cancel the season??

7 hours ago, beith19 said:

Clubs that try and continue to play shouldn't be punished if they have to pull out. If they have to pull out now it is clear that it will be because they have to with little choice in.

12 point deduction is near enough relegating a Premier team when 7 out of 20 get relegated.

I appreciate the implications for other clubs when teams pull out but think just need to view this season as a bonus season.

I feel I've switched from being bullish and having a solider on attitude to thinking I don't want my club to risk continue playing if there is the slightest chance we couldn't complete the season or negatively impact the next season.

Really want us to continue but not if it could result in punitive measures when clubs that pulled out without even trying then end up in a better position. Where is the incentive to continue playing? Not saying there should be - but with no promotion or relegation in the current environment there shouldn't be punishment either.

May have missed it somewhere, did Beith consult their support before starting the season?

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

We'll know in March whether anyone from the WOS is going to be licensed. Darvel had better get their floodlights planning permission sorted soon...

Reproduced from that tweet thread:

West of Scotland football league news asked Kennie why the punishment for teams that have tried  to start the season is so severe (12 pts deduction and loss of good behaviour bond) yet teams that could or would not start did not face the same repercussions as surely the aim should have been to help clubs wanting to start not hinder them forcing them to withdraw. Here is the reply he gave which I thought was excellent as agree or disagree he was honest

It's to protect the integrity of the leagues for those that actually want to play out a full competitive league. What we don't want is for teams to wing it from week to week thinking they can just pull out anytime without worrying about the consequences for those that do continue.

Let’s imagine that we get to mid-March 2020. A is at the top of the league, 4 points clear of B. C is at the bottom of the league and struggling, they decide to quit as they consider that they’ve nothing to play for. C’s results are deleted from the table.

Team A have beat them twice and Team B have lost once to them and still to play them once. Team A would slip to 2nd and be 2 points behind Team B. I’m sure you’d agree it would make a mockery of the full season.

This has got nothing to do with punishing a team for pulling out, it's more about making sure that they are all fit and able to compete and play right till the end of the season to make sure we have a full meaningful season for the clubs that do want to play.

If a team is not sure by now that they could do that, then surely the time to withdraw is now. Not in January or March.

Team A in the example I gave could be a few weeks away from winning the league and team B decide to chuck it and the team A drop 6 points. Then another team decides Team B chucked it, we might as well join them" Team A now in 4th place.

We don't want to punish anyone. We want them all to finish what they started. Or get out now and leave those serious about playing to get on with it. Hopefully that shows you our perspective. Regards Kennie

Heap of shite !!!!

Apart from the Premiership and even then only if they have a licence.

Conference A, B and C are playing for the fun of it doesn’t matter who wins them or for that matter who is bottom 

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Agree that it's harsh to issue punishment, however there is an argument for it. Any club who decided to crash on knew the risks and were given time to contemplate if it was correct within a few games. In all fairness it will be hellish for Kennie if clubs drop out at the rate of one every week or so. Suppose there had to be some sort of disincentive.

Ergo, no easy answer.

And it is completely unfair to the clubs who soldier on with players getting stripped in the rain all winter, maybe on reduced or no wages and committees fundraising like hell to keep functioning then you suddenly find yourself losing hard won points towards the end of the season because other clubs might decide they've had enough of the hassle of no changing rooms etc and do the easy thing and pull out. 

Who recompenses clubs for the wages, expenses, officials fees and running costs incurred in those games against a club that decides just to walk away?

Clubs have had loads of time to decide if it's for them. If in doubt pull out. 

54 minutes ago, Lobby Dossar said:

Heap of shite !!!!

Apart from the Premiership and even then only if they have a licence.

Conference A, B and C are playing for the fun of it doesn’t matter who wins them or for that matter who is bottom 

I think you'll find it matters to the clubs playing.

With Larkhall withdrawing ahead of the games at the weekend, I think there's now been at least one team to withdraw in the run up to a matchday since the league restarted on the 24th. That's not something that can continue as it impacts the viability for those trying to play on.

2 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

There's no way of saying this without sounding sarcastic - but there would be little point in deducting points from a League table they will be removed from. So it will obviously be from the following season.

Don't mind sarcasm ☺️ hadn't read the sanctions etc so came out with the question,obvious now ! As the headmaster said 'must try harder'  Am still learning.

Now that a deadline has been put in place,sanctions etc, just wish clubs could get 200+ into grounds to help them through. No doubt massive Xmas crowds will scramble in the shops asap, will never understand it ! My opinion is that if we get some more games played before the end of the year - then we can look in January to see IF the season can end. 

19 hours ago, Bankies Alive said:

I doubt anybody will be licensed by the end of this season the way things are going.

The season will finish though,however long it takes.

Do clubs not need to show a set of accounts to be promoted to the Lowland League to show the club is in a good financial place?, how would that be possible with no income 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

Do clubs not need to show a set of accounts to be promoted to the Lowland League to show the club is in a good financial place?, how would that be possible with no income 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well it’s based on income and expenditure. Clubs still have income, from various sources that will meet current expenditure levels. Every club’s income will be down, but so will expenditure. So am sure anyone who was in a place to get promoted will be ok 

1 hour ago, Mkennedy said:

Well it’s based on income and expenditure. Clubs still have income, from various sources that will meet current expenditure levels. Every club’s income will be down, but so will expenditure. So am sure anyone who was in a place to get promoted will be ok 

If clubs are paying players full wages I struggle to see where expenditure will drop that much to support no income from the gate, bar takings and hospitality from potentially 300-500 paying punters but fair play if clubs can draw in other income to support that.

2 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

If clubs are paying players full wages I struggle to see where expenditure will drop that much to support no income from the gate, bar takings and hospitality from potentially 300-500 paying punters but fair play if clubs can draw in other income to support that.

Well if clubs are doing that they must have the income to support it. I’m not aware of any club that has agreed to pay players full wage across the full season. But I suppose I don’t know the inner workings of each club. 

35 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

Well if clubs are doing that they must have the income to support it. I’m not aware of any club that has agreed to pay players full wage across the full season. But I suppose I don’t know the inner workings of each club. 

It must be difficult for the sfa to potentially grant a license on not a true reflection of a clubs finances though due to the current climate.

39 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

It must be difficult for the sfa to potentially grant a license on not a true reflection of a clubs finances though due to the current climate.

It’s your previous 3 years prior to the application date, so this season doesn’t count. But they wouldn’t not grant a club a licence due the impact of covid 

9 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

It’s your previous 3 years prior to the application date, so this season doesn’t count. But they wouldn’t not grant a club a licence due the impact of covid 

That’s good on the finances side, would they grant the license retrospectively in the case of floodlights if they couldn’t be in on time?

6 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

That’s good on the finances side, would they grant the license retrospectively in the case of floodlights if they couldn’t be in on time?

If you are referring to Darvel, our floodlights are on course to be in place for the requested date. I’m not sure if they would retrospectively grant a licence. I wouldn’t have thought so tho, the issue would be with the LL wether they would accept the club or not. I’m not sure but I think there has been a couple of clubs accepted before their lights were fully operational but I could be wrong 

6 minutes ago, Mkennedy said:

If you are referring to Darvel, our floodlights are on course to be in place for the requested date. I’m not sure if they would retrospectively grant a licence. I wouldn’t have thought so tho, the issue would be with the LL wether they would accept the club or not. I’m not sure but I think there has been a couple of clubs accepted before their lights were fully operational but I could be wrong 

Darvel In regards to the floodlights as you have said that’s all required, the accounts was just a general question in regards to the license. I know people have been held up with planning requests for other building projects that’s why I mentioned retrospective.