Cancel the season??

Just now, Chis said:

Agree completely. Stories of dressing rooms being used; individuals being asked to take team strips to games etc. Seems some Clubs are just doing their own thing and paying no attention to Covid rules without any recriminations. When is the IMG going to start taking some action?.

Also 3 or 4 players (all different households) travelling in the same car to games and training 

12 minutes ago, Chis said:

Agree completely. Stories of dressing rooms being used; individuals being asked to take team strips to games etc. Seems some Clubs are just doing their own thing and paying no attention to Covid rules without any recriminations. When is the IMG going to start taking some action?.

Dressing rooms will be open soon once the guidance comes out.

IMG are doing a great job for the vast majority of clubs who are still playing.

Those who sat out can only watch on with envy.

5 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

Dressing rooms will be open soon once the guidance comes out.

IMG are doing a great job for the vast majority of clubs who are still playing.

Those who sat out can only watch on with envy.

From discussion with a local authority if a limited number at a time is allowed to use a dressing room, the room must be fully cleaned before next number should be allowed to access. Interesting comment that IMG is doing a great job when not ensuring correct procedures are being followed and not taking action when not being met. So much for duty of care to players, managers etc.

2 hours ago, Bankies Alive said:

Yaawn

By  rip roaring c*** of it you mean playing 3 seasons in the top league in Scotland as a part time club and reaching the Scottish Cup semi final at Hampden.

“We” the fans who own the club now had nothing to do with the demise of the club,which was never bankrupt btw.

There is absolutely no chance that we will ever put the club in jeopardy and we now play our football back in the seniors in an SFA registered league with the chance of progression.

Something I've said on here before, don't let these Talbot wankers bring you down. Delighted to see you guys back and doing everything you can to make it work. Ideas like remote hospitality are alien to morons who don't like change (see; almost every Talbot supporter on here), things like that wouldn't be workable for everyone but in some cases it will be, and anything that brings more money into clubs right now should be investigated. If it doesn't work or it's impossible then no harm done. Best of luck to you.

Edited by The Moonster

4 minutes ago, Chis said:

From discussion with a local authority if a limited number at a time is allowed to use a dressing room, the room must be fully cleaned before next number should be allowed to access. Interesting comment that IMG is doing a great job when not ensuring correct procedures are being followed and not taking action when not being met. So much for duty of care to players, managers etc.

The IMG issue loads of information and clubs are kept up to date regularly .

It’s a  breath of fresh air from the now thankfully defunct West Region of the Dinosaurs 

2 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Great stuff an official of a team that is members of the WOSFL having a pop at the officials of the WOSFL. If someone else had done this last year he would have been all over them. 

Not having a pop at anyone and I always welcome constructive criticism and it should always be welcomed.  However most tended to just want to criticise. Is it not also the case that the boot might be on the other foot now as far as some people are concerned?. 

38 minutes ago, Chis said:

Grass

18 minutes ago, Chis said:

From discussion with a local authority if a limited number at a time is allowed to use a dressing room, the room must be fully cleaned before next number should be allowed to access.

None of the current guidance for those that can use changing facilities employ the 'shuttle system' of rotating players in & out.

22 minutes ago, Chis said:

Not having a pop at anyone and I always welcome constructive criticism and it should always be welcomed.  However most tended to just want to criticise. Is it not also the case that the boot might be on the other foot now as far as some people are concerned?. 

The only people who are critical of the WoSFL are the ones who’ve made a mistake by sitting out.Football clubs who don’t play football? Go figure.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Absolute horse manure.

When the Highland league teams allow spectators in a few weeks time, you'll be coming on saying they are making up rules to suit themselves as well. 😀

Problem is Gogsy it isn’t horse manure, it’s happening all over the place in the West confirmed by players and officials I’ve known for years.

Some teams are going the extra mile in terms of compliance and more power to their elbow,but some are quite frankly no bothering their arses.

Players turning up 4/5 in a car with no masks, getting changed in the dressing rooms before and after the game and mysterious so called “Committee members” watching games and all having a jolly time in the hospitality rooms.

3 minutes ago, santheman said:

Problem is Gogsy it isn’t horse manure, it’s happening all over the place in the West confirmed by players and officials I’ve known for years.

Some teams are going the extra mile in terms of compliance and more power to their elbow,but some are quite frankly no bothering their arses.

Players turning up 4/5 in a car with no masks, getting changed in the dressing rooms before and after the game and mysterious so called “Committee members” watching games and all having a jolly time in the hospitality rooms.

You do know it’s not against the law to car share?

At least my comments are being supported with more details of non-compliance coming to light. I have made by point and will now leave the thread but will watch to see if non-compliance continues to be overlooked by some clubs while being allowed to do as they please. You will also note that unlike some I have never resorted to name calling to make my point.

8 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

You do know it’s not against the law to car share?

Yes I know it’s only advisory but ffs common sense itself tells you if you’re going to be in any kind of confined space with other people at least wear a mask to mitigate any risk.

Maybe I sm wrong but even if there is a 4 week lockdown that does not mean the season would need to be curtailed 

The leagues have kicked off and have until next June to finish - I am sure the clubs who are participating would not mind a four week break, if enforced, and to start back January or even February.

The clubs that have dropped out however will still need to wait till next Summer so no real impact on them 

I, for one, have enjoyed seeing the resilts coming in on a Saturday night and hats off to all the players, staff and committees for the efforts - the season has started - it NEEDS to finish 

57 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Do you have any actual evidence that many clubs are flouting the rules and if you have have you contacted the people in charge of the league with this evidence?

Below is the statement from Coronavirus Officer of a WoSFL club who along with the manager and coach of that club resigned at the weekend

“We’ve left until it is safe to make a return to football. You can’t have control of the situation. You’re trying to contact everybody, get your temperatures done and the next thing somebody’s come in and you’ve not noticed them or they have not contacted you. It just goes on and on and it creates what we consider an unsafe environment, on top of the lack of shower facilities, lack of promotion. It just went on and on, the concerns we had for the season itself and for people’s safety."