Cancel the season??

With talk now of lockdown.. 

The chiefs have to now be considering if there is any point in the league continuing? 

Games cancelled because of the weather and there will be a backlog. If there is another lockdown for November the league has to be scrapped imo. 

Think the Scots are going to follow suit with various tiers. If that means nothing until December with probable p-p along the way, then sadly the league's have to admit defeat unless they're gonna play into the summer months. Well done Boris and his cronies, open the asylum for Christmas [emoji319]
We are already in a tier or level system in Scotland. What you on about?

53 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:
2 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:
Think the Scots are going to follow suit with various tiers. If that means nothing until December with probable p-p along the way, then sadly the league's have to admit defeat unless they're gonna play into the summer months. Well done Boris and his cronies, open the asylum for Christmas emoji319.png

Basically it looks like Sturgeon is going to put us in lockdown, due to the furlough money being extended with England locking down rightly or wrongl  all the Tiers and previous arrangements appear now to be a lot of pish....  Money Talks......    

58 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:
3 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:
Think the Scots are going to follow suit with various tiers. If that means nothing until December with probable p-p along the way, then sadly the league's have to admit defeat unless they're gonna play into the summer months. Well done Boris and his cronies, open the asylum for Christmas emoji319.png

What I'm on about are the tiers in football if that answers your question,  wth the so called elite allowed to continue BCD. Still waiting for guidance in England from the FA, looks like steps 3-6 are stopped. Not sure of step 7 and parks level stuff yet.

Ah, Sorry I misunderstood. Too many tiers, levels etc for my wee brain in this world.

What I'm on about are the tiers in football if that answers your question,  wth the so called elite allowed to continue BCD. Still waiting for guidance in England from the FA, looks like steps 3-6 are stopped. Not sure of step 7 and parks level stuff yet.

Would like to see the science that shows a massive rise in cases after playing football etc - probably doesn't exist. Seeing the English government argue, shows that Boris has made the wrong decision this time. Good luck in Scotland, hope they let the game continue as long as possible.Can understand the 25,000+ crowds gathering, but not comparable to non league games. Already had crowds of 600 down south with no problems.

Would like to see the science that shows a massive rise in cases after playing football etc - probably doesn't exist. Seeing the English government argue, shows that Boris has made the wrong decision this time. Good luck in Scotland, hope they let the game continue as long as possible.Can understand the 25,000+ crowds gathering, but not comparable to non league games. Already had crowds of 600 down south with no problems.

It’s not the activity that is necessarily the issue it’s the traveling from one area to another in large groups that is the concern of PHS and by the looks of it it’s the same for PHE after the removed things like golf etc.

For the development league, if and when it get started you can’t travel out with your local area if you are tier 3/4 and with the expectations that we will come and go from different tiers the league could be stop start which is not fair on the boys but what else can you do.

13 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I think it would be perfectly reasonable to  at first restrict those attending to home fans only - then if the virus begins to recede take it from there. Of course streaming would also help to cater for those unable therefore to travel

So you reckon restrictions should be lifted on football at a time when restrictions are being increased on society at large? Your team has started well but that shouldn't mean you lose your nut.

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

So you reckon restrictions should be lifted on football at a time when restrictions are being increased on society at large? Your team has started well but that shouldn't mean you lose your nut.

I should've added when fans are first allowed back. However I do think they can be safely accommodated in the types of numbers that most WOSFL clubs would normally expect. It does depend on Tiers though. 3 or 4 probably not. 0-2 I dont see why not. All outside and if distanced and home fans only - with streaming encouraged - then travel issues are diminished somewhat. 

22 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Where would you expect a lockdown in the next week to ten days and who is the "we" that would follow suit. 

I would expect a lockdown in Scotland and “we” being us that live in Scotland. Why would wee Nicola be asking about more time for furlough if that isn't the case , it’s only my opinion.

Not sure a lockdown would have to cancel the WoSFL season. It gets a bit trickier in the East with more league games, SCC, and how it would work around the Scottish Cup.

There's no midweek league games scheduled and this is the time of year when the weather would impact the fixture list anyway. The only cup commitment is the SCC unless you're Glasgow University. Some playing in the league have already withdrawn or knocked out so that's not even a factor anymore for them.

It's more likely that another handful of clubs would withdraw on their own, which could impact those that would want to play on.

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I think it would be perfectly reasonable to  at first restrict those attending to home fans only - then if the virus begins to recede take it from there. Of course streaming would also help to cater for those unable therefore to travel

Home fans only to begin with is the way forward however once a club starts making money surely players who have agreed to play for nothing or nearly nothing should start being paid as per contract. Would reduced gates/hospitality etc not have impact on clubs ?

1 minute ago, gogsy said:

Its in case Scotland or any other part of the United Kingdom choose to go into lockdown at any point after 2nd December (which is quite possible ) they want a guarantee that  they will be treated in exactly the same way as the area of the UK is going into lockdown as from Thursday.

Which imo it means it’s a serious consideration and if the cases don’t go down and the hospital wards don’t stop being filled by Covid patients it will happen sooner rather than later.

1 minute ago, clash city rocker said:

Home fans only to begin with is the way forward however once a club starts making money surely players who have agreed to play for nothing or nearly nothing should start being paid as per contract. Would reduced gates/hospitality etc not have impact on clubs ?

But they only want to play, there not interested in the money🤔