Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Can I get one? Feeling a bit left out.

That was some result. Well done. 

Looking forward to seeing which of your players we sign on a PCA. 

Never mind DM's 

Regarding PCA's, I hear DT's putting a transfer request, apparently he wants to come and play for a good team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So back to the Raith & Morton game related stuff.

I heard Davo has a lot of pain and swelling in his thigh, it sounds very much like he wont be back for the Cowden game on Saturday never mind ICT tomorrow. 

The other guff on here has certainly killed the actual game talk, did I miss any 'ton comments on McAlisters tackle that won him a red or have there been not been any/many?  None of the newspapers seem to be quoting Hopkin either, despite there being some hypothesis that he would probably be quite stout in defence of his charges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

No comment to make about this DM nonsense as I can't be frigged going back far enough to find out what it's all about. Some result for Raith yesterday. It has to be said you've made an excellent start.

It is only 4 games tho for both our teams (we're level with you on 10 points even tho we were "fucking shite" according to someone who didn't see the game yesterday)......I don't think we have enough up front to challenge Hearts and it remains to be seen whether you can sustain this sort of form long term.

To be honest, we will know more after playing yourself, Inverness and Ayr.  It's very unlikely we can keep that form going long term, but I'm happy with what I've seen so far.  We are reaping the benefits of letting Mcglynn build a team and improve it year on year - it feels like its starting to click into gear.

We looked far better than Morton, QoS or Arbroath - but frankly all 3 looked similar in standard to what we faced last season.  

I'm sure we are having a bit of a promotion bounce and will still be a surprise package, but in a shortened season its great to be 9 points ahead of whats going on at the bottom already.  Big few games for us coming up - but the type of games we want to have having got out of that god awful league.  As always its going to be about keeping key players fit.  Keeping Jamie Macdonald, Hendry, Ross and Armstrong fit and being able to field a decent defence is key.  If Vaughan can come back in and play any meaningful part, great.

However, Gary Locke's Rovers side had 10 points after 4 games......

Edited by CALDERON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

To be honest, we will know more after playing yourself, Inverness and Ayr.  It's very unlikely we can keep that form going long term, but I'm happy with what I've seen so far.  We are reaping the benefits of letting Mcglynn build a team and improve it year on year - it feels like its starting to click into gear.

We looked far better than Morton, QoS or Arbroath - but frankly all 3 looked similar in standard to what we faced last season.  

I'm sure we are having a bit of a promotion bounce and will still be a surprise package, but in a shortened season its great to be 9 points ahead of whats going on at the bottom already.  Big few games for us coming up - but the type of games we want to have having got out of that god awful league.  As always its going to be about keeping key players fit.  Keeping Jamie Macdonald, Hendry, Ross and Armstrong fit and being able to field a decent defence is key.  If Vaughan can come back in and play any meaningful part, great.

However, Gary Locke's Rovers side had 10 points after 4 games......

I think there's still a slightly naive "it's a McGlynn team with a big laddie up front" approach from some opposition managers, much like John Baird admitted to when he was with Forfar. That won't last too much longer. They'll cotton on to our continental false nine system soon enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

To be honest, we will know more after playing yourself, Inverness and Ayr.  It's very unlikely we can keep that form going long term, but I'm happy with what I've seen so far.  We are reaping the benefits of letting Mcglynn build a team and improve it year on year - it feels like its starting to click into gear.

We looked far better than Morton, QoS or Arbroath - but frankly all 3 looked similar in standard to what we faced last season.  

I'm sure we are having a bit of a promotion bounce and will still be a surprise package, but in a shortened season its great to be 9 points ahead of whats going on at the bottom already.  Big few games for us coming up - but the type of games we want to have having got out of that god awful league.  As always its going to be about keeping key players fit.  Keeping Jamie Macdonald, Hendry, Ross and Armstrong fit and being able to field a decent defence is key.  If Vaughan can come back in and play any meaningful part, great.

However, Gary Locke's Rovers side had 10 points after 4 games......

It's a cliche to say, but I feel like it's easier in this league as we don't have a target on our back. Teams don't see us as a full time team or a bit of a 'scalp' as such and up their game. We've not seen any team come and sit in and play to frustrate even when we're losing. Look at the last game of last season against Forfar: we took an early lead, then Baird got the second but they sat in so deep and tried to catch breaks. Ultimately, they got a bit of a lucky goal towards the end before we saw the game out but had they grabbed an equaliser we'd still be sitting watching teams stick 9 men behind the ball week in week out with the exception of a couple. Players like Dan Armstrong and Dylan Tait have thrived this season because teams will attack and leave space at the back

We've got the players who can dictate play if they're given space. We've got a squad which is well established now and the lads added in the summer have made a real difference. Nando Mendy is practically a new signing too. I said on twitter on Saturday we're playing like a team who completely recognise the benefit of getting as many points on board as possible when leagues have been called early - to have a 9 point gap on Arbroath, Alloa and Queens already is fantastic but obviously there's loads of games left. Given the starts made by Duku and Ross (and with Lokotsch there too), we're not under pressure to rush Vaughan back which is nice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Shandön Par said:

Can I get one? Feeling a bit left out.

That was some result. Well done. 

Looking forward to seeing which of your players we sign on a PCA. 

You do realize that an overall dependence on traffic from Rovers to the Pars vice the opposite simply indicts your own player development, eh? Given how we’re looking, you might watch out for us signing one of your up and comers, if you have any. We seem to be getting g lots of attention on development of players from scouts for serious teams, unlike yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You do realize that an overall dependence on traffic from Rovers to the Pars vice the opposite simply indicts your own player development, eh? Given how we’re looking, you might watch out for us signing one of your up and comers, if you have any. We seem to be getting g lots of attention on development of players from scouts for serious teams, unlike yourself.

What an incredibly dour serious answer to someone who was quite clearly taking the pish. Lighten up FFS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

Imagine the atmosphere at Starks in a few weeks with the start we have both had. Goosebumps material thinking about it. f**k Covid. 

Seagulls are backing Rovers. Pigeons are backing the Pars. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

What an incredibly dour serious answer to someone who was quite clearly taking the pish. Lighten up FFS

What an incredibly serious response to someone taking a wee swipe at your team in response to your swipe. Don’t play in traffic if you are that sensitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, TxRover said:

You do realize that an overall dependence on traffic from Rovers to the Pars vice the opposite simply indicts your own player development, eh? Given how we’re looking, you might watch out for us signing one of your up and comers, if you have any. We seem to be getting g lots of attention on development of players from scouts for serious teams, unlike yourself.

We got some pretty decent attention with Nisbet tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to ignore that Dunfermline fud he really isnt worth it but he'll probably continue stalking us like the creep he is on this forum. Anyway back to team matters. Some are saying its may be a promotion bounce, I'm not so sure. In defence we have signed 2 decent fullbacks that would play in most Championship sides. In Frankie we may have picked up a gem. In midfield we all knew how good Hendry, Tait and Spencer can be, but also Armstrong is back to his best and Ross appears decent, all very much Championship standard and maybe for some a little bit better. Up front Duku appears to be a find and we all know a fit Vaughan would be playing at a higher level than Championship football. Add the unknown quality of Ugwu and the quality of our keeper, we may just have ourselves a decent Championship side.

Special mention to Nando I really do hope he makes it, he has all the right attributes, height, strength and dowsnt look sluggish either. Just needs the confidence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'm going to ignore that Dunfermline fud he really isnt worth it but he'll probably continue stalking us like the creep he is on this forum. . 

Not sure you're quite aware of what ignore means. 

Also not sure the Raith Rovers fan group are in the position to be calling any one creeps. Can only hope that they keep up this form or the poor Raith players will be in danger. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Not sure you're quite aware of what ignore means. 

Also not sure the Raith Rovers fan group are in the position to be calling any one creeps. Can only hope that they keep up this form or the poor Raith players will be in danger. 

Give it up, man. 😑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFS 🤣

 

2 hours ago, TOPFITTER said:

If M got the bullet then GRANT228 could be next in the firing line. I have never got the "Being obsessed with another Clubs threads" but as long as it is reasonably inoffensive guess it does little harm.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

FFS 🤣

 

 

Hes a twat of the highest order. Ignore him hes getting the attention he craves all creepy stalkers do the same. He will go away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Can I also point out that the player in question, Nando Mendy also messaged another poster on here, congratulating him on something that he’s doing at the minute.

Is that ok in your opinion? For the player to message someone else?

Or is it only a fan messaging a player that’s weird? but not the player messaging a fan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Can I also point out that the player in question, Nando Mendy also messaged another poster on here, congratulating him on something that he’s doing at the minute.

Is that ok in your opinion? For the player to message someone else?

Or is it only a fan messaging a player that’s weird? but not the player messaging a fan?
As long as the other poster in question wasn't baw deep, I don't really see an issue tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...