Raith V Morton

Just to make it clear. It was a friendly well done to a foreign player who has had some stick and a hard time. Sometimes little things like that go along way to people's confidence.  If I had exceptional service from an employee in a specific business I would happily send an email in to compliment the service from that employee which in turn will give them confidence. We as a society are quick enough to attack employees via social media and or emails etc but you can't commend them?? I hope that a well done from a loyal supporter will give him that extra bit of confidence and if not so be it!

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Who'd have seen the thread going in this direction at 4.50pm yesterday? 

David Hopkin couldn't have organised a distraction better himself. 

Maybe he DM’d a mate in Dunfermline to help him divert some flack?

21 hours ago, TxRover said:

Didn’t suffer a single hitch in the stream the whole match, so it’s on your end.

I did say Mendy might have improved enough, and I’m absolutely delighted he seems to have. He will have some howlers, but all backs do, and he’s looking increasingly like another nice choice by JMcG. Knowing how everyone thinks about Nando, John’s gotta be pleased as punch!

21 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

This for me as well, stream was top notch

22 hours ago, basher brash said:

I too missed the incident due to the buffering must have been an issue today as all other games have been picture perfect 

I spoke to Andy Mills son yesterday after the game and he said he’d missed it too due to buffering so 3 streams buffered at the same time but luckily for Tex and Keyser they were ok. I checked my speed yesterday and I was getting download speed of 112Mbps saying I could stream SD, HD, FHD and 4K so if it’s at my end I can’t see where.

3 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I spoke to Andy Mills son yesterday after the game and he said he’d missed it too due to buffering so 3 streams buffered at the same time but luckily for Tex and Keyser they were ok. I checked my speed yesterday and I was getting download speed of 112Mbps saying I could stream SD, HD, FHD and 4K so if it’s at my end I can’t see where.

I had no problems either. Sound and vision were fine all game. I was watching on a laptop.

26 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Had buffering issues with the Arbroath game, was using Firefox for that one, switched to Google Chrome and was much better yesterday. Have 200Mb virgin hardwired to my PC

No comment to make about this DM nonsense as I can't be frigged going back far enough to find out what it's all about. Some result for Raith yesterday. It has to be said you've made an excellent start.

It is only 4 games tho for both our teams (we're level with you on 10 points even tho we were "fucking shite" according to someone who didn't see the game yesterday)......I don't think we have enough up front to challenge Hearts and it remains to be seen whether you can sustain this sort of form long term.

23 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Markedly would have been a better word than any - our weaknesses were more consistently on display and obviously taken advantage of - but the main difference from this to the previous two games was being ruthlessly exploited by our opposition rather than being let off every five minutes. We've been leaving those acres of space on the wings and failing to track midfield runners already and got away with it.

Thinking this was just a bad day and a blip rather than our obvious flaws finally being punished will only lead to them not being addressed.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree we’ve been ropy... but there was clear blue water between the first three games and yesterday. Even at Dundee, where we barely played any football until the closing stages, we defended our box really well after the early goal and stayed in the game. Overall, there has been evidence to suggest we might be stubborn, competitive opposition for most teams... and even capable of pulling something out of nowhere.

Cut to yesterday, where we were outplayed, outfought, defended like it was the beginning of last season all over again, and some of the players - notably at the back - just stopped playing at one point. When we were in possession, Raith players were just running at us and taking the ball off us. Raith played well, but we played in a way that would have had amateur/junior managers doing their nut.

Add to that the fact that Hopkin, who we expected would be over-cautious in his selections, if anything, suddenly goes to a back four in the week when the only (sorta) credible option at right-back isn’t even in the squad... result is that the guy who’s been our best player so far is made to look like a total haddy. Really terrible management. And I haven’t even mentioned Cameron Blues.

I was hoping we’d eventually get to a back four and that might solve some of the creativity problems, but we might have learned that McLean and McGinty just aren’t good enough to cope in a central two. We might also have learned that McPake needs to play in a position where he has as little defensive responsibility as possible.

We go to Arbroath on the 21st, QoS play Alloa; we’ll know by five o’clock that day what kind of season we’re in for...

Big thanks to the Fife lads for taking the thread bizarrely off-topic btw; I’ve forgotten the result already...

42 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

It is only 4 games tho for both our teams (we're level with you on 10 points even tho we were "fucking shite" according to someone who didn't see the game yesterday)......I don't think we have enough up front to challenge Hearts and it remains to be seen whether you can sustain this sort of form long term.

Not just shite but fucking shite? Who would dare besmirch the good name of the honest men and the barcodes?

Pray unmask this Unspeaker of truths sir!

Edited by Scottydog

Here are this week's highlights. 

Great highlights as always and thanks to all involved in the match day coverage. That 4th goal is absolutely beautiful Regan is a great player at this level. Penalty is correct I think the Morton lads reaction says it all silly foul in the box but it happens. The Red I still think is a bit harsh I’m guessing it’s because he’s off the ground and out of control? Overall we played some fantastic stuff and were great to watch going forward but we also defended quite well for once and as a couple of Morton fans have mentioned our lads hassled and striped the Morton players of the ball quite a few times which is great to see. Not sure if this is a promotion bounce and being the surprise team but a great start so far and John and Smudger should be proud of the start the lads have made. Can’t wait until we can see it from the stands again although we could be bottom and I’d still rather be in the stand than watching on TV.

5 hours ago, raith1974 said:

This Dunfermline fud better not see the interaction that Marvin Andrews has on his social media with fans from Raith and Rangers. My god his head will explode. He talks about creepy fans he's the creep stalking Raith fans on a topic that's got nothing to do with his club.

Think his head went years ago!!   Stick the fud on ignore.

3 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Just watched back the highlights. Looked even better second time round.

Sounded like Armstrong wasn't meant to be on penalties though. "Dan gee him the fuckin baw" Good job he scored 😂 

Yeah he's now said as much in the wee snippet on the Rovers Twitter feed. 

4 hours ago, mealsonwheels said:

Nando is a follower on my Instagram page.

I didn’t ask if he followed you on Instagram- I asked if he was a friend, if you knew each other or if he was a friend of a friend.

4 hours ago, mealsonwheels said:

Just to make it clear. It was a friendly well done to a foreign player who has had some stick and a hard time. Sometimes little things like that go along way to people's confidence.  If I had exceptional service from an employee in a specific business I would happily send an email in to compliment the service from that employee which in turn will give them confidence. We as a society are quick enough to attack employees via social media and or emails etc but you can't commend them?? I hope that a well done from a loyal supporter will give him that extra bit of confidence and if not so be it!

If someone gives me excellent service in their workplace, I go through their employer’s website and either e-mail them or complete a customer feedback form stating who the employee was and what they did to exceed my expectations. That would be the appropriate channels to commend someone on a job well done, imo.

In this instance, the appropriate channels would be to comment on Raith Rovers’ social media platforms about how well he played and leave it at that.

This isn’t about society’s tendency to be too quick to criticise and abuse, it’s about you over familiarising yourself with a guy who’s entitled to his privacy.

If someone gives me excellent service in their workplace, I go through their employer’s website and either e-mail them or complete a customer feedback form stating who the employee was and what they did to exceed my expectations. That would be the appropriate channels to commend someone on a job well done, imo.
In this instance, the appropriate channels would be to comment on Raith Rovers’ social media platforms about how well he played and leave it at that.
This isn’t about society’s tendency to be too quick to criticise and abuse, it’s about you over familiarising yourself with a guy who’s entitled to his privacy.

[emoji23] holy shit can’t believe this stuff actually bothers you, who gives a shit if he DMd a player. It’s Sunday night sit down drink a beer and chill out.

4 hours ago, RR #1 said:

Just watched back the highlights. Looked even better second time round.

Sounded like Armstrong wasn't meant to be on penalties though. "Dan gee him the fuckin baw" Good job he scored 😂 

I'm almost certain that's Benedictus. "Regan, get over here and take this penalty. Dan, gie him the fuckin' baw!" The highlights show it's definitely a penalty. As I thought at the time, it's naive defending. Armstrong has time to change the angle of his run and be taken down. 

Ethan Ross's cross for the second is a beauty. The defending is poor; Musonda starts and finishes goalside of his man, the offside line is ruined by someone hovering about at the back post, and the keeper should probably just be clearing everyone out. Nice to see that in their short time together, Grant Anderson managed to bestow Frankie with all of his arcane backwards-header knowledge. 

I'd thoroughly recommend watching the highlights with headphones on, you get the full argument for the red card. McAllister's opening gambit is "That's a 50/50 tackle!" followed by "It's not a terrible tackle!" in response to, I assume, Willie Collum himself. I have slight sympathy with him because there's no force in it. Although he's over the ball, there was never any real prospect of him hurting Armstrong seriously. That said, he makes the trouble for himself with a dreadful first touch and goes diving in hoping for a second. A player of his experience should know better. 

I said it at the time, but the utter lack of movement or commitment in the Morton defence for the third is astounding. The man on the near post who's closest to Matthews makes the most half hearted attempt at sticking a leg out I've ever seen. Lazy leg is fucking lazy on Valium. Nice patient build up from the Rovers though, even if it was made far too easy. 

I don't think there's much more to be said about Hendry's pass for the fourth. Quite simply, you won't see many better than that. A word for Ross Matthews though. For a player who isn't a natural forward, it's a great run, first touch and finish. A lot of other players have taken the plaudits recently, but he's quietly stepped up without any fuss and if he's adding goals to his game, he'll become the absolute definition of a lynch pin. 

I'll DM you all my thoughts on the fifth. 

1 hour ago, Toby said:

I didn’t ask if he followed you on Instagram- I asked if he was a friend, if you knew each other or if he was a friend of a friend.

He does not have to respond to any message but he chose to!

Think its time to put this to rest now. Your boring me and everyone else.

Edited by mealsonwheels