Raith V Morton

24 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

People who message footballers/celebrities on social media need their hard drive checked, weird behaviour. 

Why would that be weird behaviour?

No difference from the contact I have on social media in regards to my business.

Maybe people like you are the problem with society. 

27 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

People who message footballers/celebrities on social media need their hard drive checked, weird behaviour. 

And as I've said before you're a dick. 

Edited by raith1974
Error

We've played the 'lesser' teams in the league so the next 4 will be telling if we can sustain a serious challenge, on performances so far we need to look up rather than down, ICT (A) Pars (H) Ayr (A)  Hearts (H)

take 6 - 8 points from then and I'd be over the moon, take 3 and I'd be very happy

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Thought we were excellent. We had been threatening to do that to teams all of last season, and it didn't really click like that. Some sensible and exciting additions and we potentially have one hell of a team. 

It's early days. We may well just have the element of surprise on our side. However, we have played Arbroath, Queens and Morton, and looked a step above all 3. Pleasing to see. 

Long way to go, but nice to have a gap to the relegation scrap already. 

16 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

We've played the 'lesser' teams in the league so the next 4 will be telling if we can sustain a serious challenge, on performances so far we need to look up rather than down, ICT (A) Pars (H) Ayr (A)  Hearts (H)

take 6 - 8 points from then and I'd be over the moon, take 3 and I'd be very happy

Agreed, you'd say 3 of the 4 teams we've played are teams you'd be looking to take points from if you're to be successful in staying in the league. There will be bigger challenges ahead and it's nice to have the points on the board and a decent gap opened up on the bottom sides already.

As has been said, the next 4 games will give a better indication of where we are.

That was fantastic. Controlled the game just about from the off. The sending off strangely knocked us a little, but two goals in quick sucession in the second half had us exactly where we needed to be. 

Ross and Armstrong will have off days but they were absolutely brilliant today and caused no end of problems. Appreciate Musonda is out of position at LB, but he looks a fantastic find. Very impressed with him today and he looked pretty good going forward despite not being left footed and also a CB. 

We have been an absolute joy to watch so far this season and the results speak for themselves. Three convincing wins and a draw so far is excellent; the worry is whether we would be able to compete and we have certainly shown that we can do so thus far. 

Delighted for Mendy as well today, and it was really entertaining watching him launching into everything in the second half. May have been less entertaining at 0-0, granted, but hopefully this is a sign he'll kick on. 

Lastly, it is a damn shame the fans can't be there to see this. From a selfish perspective I am however delighted as the past two home games we've been excellent and I'd never have been able to watch them otherwise. 

Edited by Michael W

Expected to lose by a few and not surprised that it was a bleaching once you throw in a honking start and a red card. Perhaps five was getting off lightly though I didn't bother getting the stream. Apparently Raith played well too so the focus shouldn't all be on the away team's shortcomings. They were never likely to be threatened with relegation in the current dung standard of the division these days and this result underlines that.

But let's turn the attention back to Morton. We lost very heavily in games last season and *eventually* became a solid enough team though that was with a higher standard of ability level than the parade of 1700 ringers we've assembled this season. Six points from four games is a perfectly fine start in terms of results but this scoreline needs to end Hopkin's wild delusions about the performances of the team as a whole and several of his pet picks as well. A 'centre forward' like Orsi who will never score goals is useless to us; Cameron Blues is not a Championship level midfielder. Robbie Muirhead is a waste of skin and Sean McGinty not much better. All of these were known facts last season never mind now, so to see three of them now in the starting eleven and another flitting in and out instead of being launched into the Sun is bewildering. That isn't the fault of the budget, that's the fault of bad squad building and even poorer team selection.

Edited by vikingTON

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Well I'd be quite content to have Morton players getting messages on social media this evening in the absence of a crowd to give them a well-deserved hounding in person. Otherwise they'll turn up on Monday morning and Hopkin will just tell them that they're doing great and only the red card/some other injustice cost them certain victory.

Edited by vikingTON

We played some very neat football today. TBH Morton didn’t really threaten the whole game, in fact our goalkeeper had very little to do for 90 minutes.  Glad that Nando got his goal he deserves it, his reaction showed how much it meant.  The team are doing us proud it shows that we have different goal scorers throughout, can’t wait for the whole squad to be match fit, think of the scoring opportunities then.  10 points from four games who would have thunk🤩

Still a bit shell-shocked by that game today.

Everything went wrong as you can imagine with a scoreline like that!

We have a million forwards  who can't score and probably just aren't good enough for this level of football

Midfield looked like they just met each other

Was nobody told to defend the right hand side? If McPake was meant to track back, he completely chucked it early in the game. 

Goalkeeper is not as bad as last season but I'm not convinced

McAllister  was rightly sent off.

Raith looked light years ahead of us in every department. They will have a really good season without a doubt

The Hearts home game is cancelled due to the Scottish Cup final.