Raith V Morton

49 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Hes a twat of the highest order. Ignore him hes getting the attention he craves all creepy stalkers do the same. He will go away.

If people weren't being such weirdos I wouldn't be replying to anything, happy to help x

As far as creepy stalkers go, I definitely reckon that someone privately messaging footballers, and those backing it up are definitely a bit closer to the creepy stalker stick. 

1 hour ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

FFS 🤣

So, I make post, people reply to post, I in turn reply to those, what's the drama? 

It's not just me that's said it's weird, you've had multiple other posters from other teams saying it's weird, however it seems that some Raith fans as a whole get incredibly blinkered when it comes to a Dunfermline fan commenting on anything Raith related, as toby mentioned. However he's been roundly ignored on the subject. 

I'm not "obsessed" with Raith, far from it. You'll be amazed at how little effort it takes to read a topic, and reply to it. 

22 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Can I also point out that the player in question, Nando Mendy also messaged another poster on here, congratulating him on something that he’s doing at the minute.

Is that ok in your opinion? For the player to message someone else?

Or is it only a fan messaging a player that’s weird? but not the player messaging a fan?

Going to take a shot in the dark here that the fan in question has at one point instigated the messaging. That makes the poster in question weird, happy to help. 

Mendy seems a nice guy though. 

12 hours ago, Toby said:

I posted twice on the subject- once asking the circumstances and once stating how appropriate I thought his messaging of the guy was, and stating what I think an appropriate course of action to take is to commend someone on a job well done is in another industry and in football. I know that doesn’t suit your argument here, but let’s keep things in perspective.

Rather than boring you, I’d suggest that you’re not enjoying people pointing out your odd behaviour.

I’ll give the Raith fans their dues though- their staunch defence of you is an eye opener. If a Morton fan did likewise, I’d expect us all to be hammering him for it, such is the division in our support. I can’t decide if that’s a sign of great unity in your support or completely blinkered. I’ll go with the latter.

Maybe its point blank that you have blown such a minor subject into a full blown discussion which has taken it way off skew. To compare a congratulations to a football player to the shit being messaged is absolutely disgraceful. If you disagree with a post or dm to a player then fair enough but to go to such an extreme is just pathetic.

The only people making any fool of themselves now are you and that Dunfermline tool! 

Why don't you now just get back to the football talk as I think I speak for the majority that they are sick o hearing it now.

Expect that won't happen but let's see if you have any sense or at least decency to move on!

In fairness, if I'd dm'd a football player, and then showed everyone, I'd want everyone to quickly move on too. 

At least you didn't call Toby a "c**t shark" or a "fruit bat" or any other animal based insults, can only be classified as progress really. 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

In fairness, if I'd dm'd a football player, and then showed everyone, I'd want everyone to quickly move on too. 

At least you didn't call Toby a "c**t shark" or a "fruit bat" or any other animal based insults, can only be classified as progress really. 

Yeh well he only followed your suit tbh so well there we go.

10 pages later i wouldn't really call quickly moving on.

You have made your point and I will appreciate that even if I disagree but that is you right and my right.

16 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:

Maybe its point blank that you have blown such a minor subject into a full blown discussion which has taken it way off skew. To compare a congratulations to a football player to the shit being messaged is absolutely disgraceful. If you disagree with a post or dm to a player then fair enough but to go to such an extreme is just pathetic.

The only people making any fool of themselves now are you and that Dunfermline tool! 

Why don't you now just get back to the football talk as I think I speak for the majority that they are sick o hearing it now.

Expect that won't happen but let's see if you have any sense or at least decency to move on!

This is now my fourth post on the matter, and since you posted a screenshot of your wee chat with Mendy, I make it 14 times you’ve posted about it.

I’m also very interested in your point that I’ve compared your messages to anyone else’s. That’s just not true, is it? You’re making things up and running around in circles now. Contrary to what you believe, there’s one guy making a fool of himself here, and it ain’t me or “that Dunfermline tool”.

The best course of action now would be for you to just say nothing and hope that this drops down the forum and is forgotten about, but don’t come telling me about a lack of decency when you’re stamping your feet and making up lies in the hope that it’ll shut folk up. You’ve had about as much of a nightmare on here as my team had on the park on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Toby said:

This is now my fourth post on the matter, and since you posted a screenshot of your wee chat with Mendy, I make it 14 times you’ve posted about it.

I’m also very interested in your point that I’ve compared your messages to anyone else’s. That’s just not true, is it? You’re making things up and running around in circles now. Contrary to what you believe, there’s one guy making a fool of himself here, and it ain’t me or “that Dunfermline tool”.

The best course of action now would be for you to just say nothing and hope that this drops down the forum and is forgotten about, but don’t come telling me about a lack of decency when you’re stamping your feet and making up lies in the hope that it’ll shut folk up. You’ve had about as much of a nightmare on here as my team had on the park on Saturday.

Seriously mate you've lost the plot. 

I imagine the kids have a nightmare outside your house kicking a ball about. You really hit me as one of those Karen types that complain about anything that they just don't agree with. 

I imagine you had hoped I would curl under a rock by now but sorry I dont work like that. 

You keep posting away on a football forum about something that has past its time now. If anything it will take your mind off what you had to endure on the pitch this past Saturday but what it won't help with is that you will have to endure that every week. 

Thats the Unfortunate situation you are in whereas I can have a couple of trolls/keyboard warriors/Karen's or whatever you would like to call yourselves constantly posting nonsense while Raith still sit top of the league and believe me that more than softens the blow.

6 minutes ago, mealsonwheels said:

Seriously mate you've lost the plot. 

I imagine the kids have a nightmare outside your house kicking a ball about. You really hit me as one of those Karen types that complain about anything that they just don't agree with. 

I imagine you had hoped I would curl under a rock by now but sorry I dont work like that. 

You keep posting away on a football forum about something that has past its time now. If anything it will take your mind off what you had to endure on the pitch this past Saturday but what it won't help with is that you will have to endure that every week. 

Thats the Unfortunate situation you are in whereas I can have a couple of trolls/keyboard warriors/Karen's or whatever you would like to call yourselves constantly posting nonsense while Raith still sit top of the league and believe me that more than softens the blow.

Dear lord.

First of all, I’m not complaining about you DMing a footballer- I’m pointing out that it’s strange behaviour for an adult. If you want to do it, that’s your prerogative. Likewise, if I want to point out that you come across and a bit weird, that’s up to me.

Secondly, on your point about curling under a rock- you’ve twice told me to stop posting about this subject as it’s boring you. Do you even see the irony in this?

I see another trick you’re trying’s deflection. I know Morton were shite on Saturday and this season isn’t going to be pretty, I’m comfortable with it. A bit like slagging Dunfermline for racking up debt when the debate is about your behaviour. None of these things actually change anything about you.

I eagerly await your 17th post on a subject that you yourself has said has ran it’s course.

2 minutes ago, Toby said:

Dear lord.

First of all, I’m not complaining about you DMing a footballer- I’m pointing out that it’s strange behaviour for an adult. If you want to do it, that’s your prerogative. Likewise, if I want to point out that you come across and a bit weird, that’s up to me.

Secondly, on your point about curling under a rock- you’ve twice told me to stop posting about this subject as it’s boring you. Do you even see the irony in this?

I see another trick you’re trying’s deflection. I know Morton were shite on Saturday and this season isn’t going to be pretty, I’m comfortable with it. A bit like slagging Dunfermline for racking up debt when the debate is about your behaviour. None of these things actually change anything about you.

I eagerly await your 17th post on a subject that you yourself has said has ran it’s course.

Not a bad post 🤣

14 hours ago, TxRover said:

What an incredibly serious response to someone taking a wee swipe at your team in response to your swipe. Don’t play in traffic if you are that sensitive.

I see what you did there...……..

9 hours ago, Toby said:

Dear lord.

Things seem to be getting very black or white in here which I think is causing the confusion. It is a bit weird but probably about 3 or 4 out of 10 on the weirdometer and then time to move on. I think what has caused it to blow up is the poor trolling attempt elsewhere where it was compared to a creepy old man sending ‘you’re pretty’ dm’s to random lassies which in turn became ‘the Raith fan base is all creepy’ which is as nonsensical as claiming all Pars fans run about ripping people off all the time and never pay any debts and rightfully needs called out.  It was a nice wee initial jab at an opposing teams fan which is to be commended but that’s all it needed. I guess the trolling got its bites though so has fulfilled its initial aim.

27 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

Just watched the highlights. We looked shocking but there's a couple of fucking brilliant goals in there. The kind of goal that if I was there, I'd be nodding my head thinking "okay, that was good".

What I like to call an "Alex Williams". An opposition goal you just can't help but applaud. 

12 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Things seem to be getting very black or white in here which I think is causing the confusion. It is a bit weird but probably about 3 or 4 out of 10 on the weirdometer and then time to move on. I think what has caused it to blow up is the poor trolling attempt elsewhere where it was compared to a creepy old man sending ‘you’re pretty’ dm’s to random lassies which in turn became ‘the Raith fan base is all creepy’ which is as nonsensical as claiming all Pars fans run about ripping people off all the time and never pay any debts and rightfully needs called out.  It was a nice wee initial jab at an opposing teams fan which is to be commended but that’s all it needed. I guess the trolling got its bites though so has fulfilled its initial aim.

Don’t know why you’re quoting me on this one, tbh. The only comparison I’ve made is with Jay Beatty’s dad, another adult who tries to get too close to professional footballers. I’ve certainly not compared him to an old guy messaging wee girls, nor have I said it’s a reflection on the Raith support as a whole. I don’t think Grant did either.

I’ve got no stake in any Raith/Dunfermline wind ups and trolling as I don’t support either. I merely think that Grant is absolutely correct in calling out the guy for his behaviour. I must have missed the “you’re pretty” comparisons, but the person making this worse is the guy who had the chat with Mendy in the first place. He could’ve ignored or laughed off the point and this would’ve dropped down the forum by now but has decided to keep digging himself a hole by claiming folk are trying to bully him into silence when in fact he’s trying to get others to shut up because they’re telling him a few things that aren’t nice to read.

His lack of awareness is astonishing, but it’s a good read nonetheless. Has certainly helped me get over that horrific result.

Quoted you as I actually agree with you that it is a bit weird, and that you seem to have been dragged in a bit simply by agreeing no with that. It’s the other nonsense that elicited multiple responses and threw the entire thread off topic, which I suppose I am not really helping here.....