Raith V Morton

15 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I'm almost certain that's Benedictus. "Regan, get over here and take this penalty. Dan, gie him the fuckin' baw!" The highlights show it's definitely a penalty. As I thought at the time, it's naive defending. Armstrong has time to change the angle of his run and be taken down. 

Ethan Ross's cross for the second is a beauty. The defending is poor; Musonda starts and finishes goalside of his man, the offside line is ruined by someone hovering about at the back post, and the keeper should probably just be clearing everyone out. Nice to see that in their short time together, Grant Anderson managed to bestow Frankie with all of his arcane backwards-header knowledge. 

I'd thoroughly recommend watching the highlights with headphones on, you get the full argument for the red card. McAllister's opening gambit is "That's a 50/50 tackle!" followed by "It's not a terrible tackle!" in response to, I assume, Willie Collum himself. I have slight sympathy with him because there's no force in it. Although he's over the ball, there was never any real prospect of him hurting Armstrong seriously. That said, he makes the trouble for himself with a dreadful first touch and goes diving in hoping for a second. A player of his experience should know better. 

I said it at the time, but the utter lack of movement or commitment in the Morton defence for the third is astounding. The man on the near post who's closest to Matthews makes the most half hearted attempt at sticking a leg out I've ever seen. Lazy leg is fucking lazy on Valium. Nice patient build up from the Rovers though, even if it was made far too easy. 

I don't think there's much more to be said about Hendry's pass for the fourth. Quite simply, you won't see many better than that. A word for Ross Matthews though. For a player who isn't a natural forward, it's a great run, first touch and finish. A lot of other players have taken the plaudits recently, but he's quietly stepped up without any fuss and if he's adding goals to his game, he'll become the absolute definition of a lynch pin. 

I'll DM you all my thoughts on the fifth. 

Pretty sure it's Benedictus too. 

Just before the third goal I think, I assume that Tumilty had drifted slightly out of position. At least I'm guessing that's the reason for the several howls of "REGAN TUMILTY!!!!" 

5 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

No comment to make about this DM nonsense as I can't be frigged going back far enough to find out what it's all about. Some result for Raith yesterday. It has to be said you've made an excellent start.

It is only 4 games tho for both our teams (we're level with you on 10 points even tho we were "fucking shite" according to someone who didn't see the game yesterday)......I don't think we have enough up front to challenge Hearts and it remains to be seen whether you can sustain this sort of form long term.

DM,s?I,m from an era where  that was short for Doc Martins so not a scooby what some on here are talking about

We have got off to an unbelievable start but not getting carried away as its only 4 games as you say.Sustaining our early form will be challenging.We,ve got a difficult run of games(4)coming up against 3 teams you,d expect to be vying for a  play off spot and  1 who you,d  expect to win the league  which will be a big test for us.

I dont think anyone has enough to challenge Hearts and fully expect them to win the league

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

So lonely you start messaging people you don't know. Must be hard. 

Are you still here you lonely stalking arsehole. No one on your own forums want to speak to you so you come on here and make an arse of your sorry self. 

8 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

It is only 4 games tho for both our teams (we're level with you on 10 points even tho we were "fucking shite" according to someone who didn't see the game yesterday)

That would be pretty much anyone that paid for the stream, judging by the reports.

10 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Raith Rovers fans are weird eh?  Like proper social recluses 

Yes, we’re all weird. That’s not up for dispute. However, I take issue with your assertion that we are social recluses. That’s just a recent thing because of COVID-19.

Raith Rovers fans are weird eh?  Like proper social recluses 

You realise that you’re doing exactly what you’re stating is weird behaviour as well..? The only difference is that, other people that you don’t know, also see your messages

You have came online to write messages to people that you don’t know..

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

That would be pretty much anyone that paid for the stream, judging by the reports.

I didn't pay for it (as I wouldn't have travelled to Ayr) but as we've been in this division a few seasons now I've watched so many games were teams are so evenly matched that they cancel each other out. There a few sensible voices on both our forums who've pointed this out but as usual are drowned out by the knicker-wetters demanding wins every week. Getting an early goal or the other team making a mistake or losing a player can, more often than not, decide games in the Championship. 10 points from 12 is a decent start from games against Inverness & Ayr who are always tough games for us, as well as Alloa away which we always struggle. Chuck in 3 cup victories and I'm quite content with our start.

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

You realise that you’re doing exactly what you’re stating is weird behaviour as well..? The only difference is that, other people that you don’t know, also see your messages

You have came online to write messages to people that you don’t know..

Nope, not the same. 

Just to reaffirm, if you're a full grown adult, privately messaging a footballer is weird behaviour. 

100% chance the OP stands down the front during the warm up shouting for the players to come over and give him there autograph. Absolute man child. 

11 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Think we can all bow to your superior knowledge about what is or isn't weird. 

And the other posters who have pointed out that it's weird behaviour. 

15 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

emoji23.png holy shit can’t believe this stuff actually bothers you, who gives a shit if he DMd a player. It’s Sunday night sit down drink a beer and chill out.

I posted twice on the subject- once asking the circumstances and once stating how appropriate I thought his messaging of the guy was, and stating what I think an appropriate course of action to take is to commend someone on a job well done is in another industry and in football. I know that doesn’t suit your argument here, but let’s keep things in perspective.

14 hours ago, mealsonwheels said:

He does not have to respond to any message but he chose to!

Think its time to put this to rest now. Your boring me and everyone else.

Rather than boring you, I’d suggest that you’re not enjoying people pointing out your odd behaviour.

I’ll give the Raith fans their dues though- their staunch defence of you is an eye opener. If a Morton fan did likewise, I’d expect us all to be hammering him for it, such is the division in our support. I can’t decide if that’s a sign of great unity in your support or completely blinkered. I’ll go with the latter.

Thought it was only slightly weird, not to the level where I’d be spending my whole Sunday posting on a rivals forum for it, but then the use of ‘c*** shark’ and ‘fruit bat’ as insults were used and I think you’re weird as f**k..

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Who decides what’s weird?

Is there a panel?

Apparently Grant228 does.

I heard he's affiliated to the UN as their head weapon of mass destruction infinite weirdness.