Raith V Morton

53 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

. I suppose that act or interaction made me a weirdo in some eyes. 

Well, you are so that adds up pretty nicely. 

47 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

It was a nice wee chance to land a jab against a rival fan but to then double down with the ‘guy at his workplace’

Ah, so Mendy isn't at his workplace? 

7 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Go and just do one away and comment on your own board about what fans do. Then we have the community club comment. Well it's not modelled on Dunfermline especially when your club fucked over many small companies in your community. Owned by Germans let's just see how that one turns out. You are obsessed with Raith Rovers as you are on here more than most Raith fans. 

Thankfully no one on the Dunfermline thread is being a creepy man child. 

Funnily enough the Germans have invested in us due to being such a community club, Dunfermline are pretty good at the community club stuff, that's why despite having a similar population outreach to Raith we have a far bigger fanbase contributing more money to the club on a monthly base. 

And we don't have creepy adults messaging footballers. 

Without wanting to go back through all the posts, is there any context to this? Does the guy know the player? Are they mates? Friends of friends? Or just complete strangers whose only link is that one happens to be employed by the football club the other supports?

No major problem really if it’s one of the first two or maybe the third, but if it’s the latter and the fan is over the age of about 13 I’d definitely think it’s a bit weird.

Would say the same for adults getting the name of a player who’s younger than him on the back of their jersey. We’re heading into Jay Beatty’s da’ territory, here.

12 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Do you personally know them? Are you trying to start a relationship with them? In both these instances, dm away. 

If not? Don't be a creep. I honestly don't get why any self respecting adult is away messaging footballers. 

You do understand this website is build on messaging people you don’t know?

The thing with Nando is he’s come to stay in Kirkcaldy from another country and is now part of the community here. He talks to a lot of people on social media and enjoys it. 

Think in most cases it would be pretty weird an adult sending a private message to a footballer saying great game or whatever to a top flight footballer who probably  doesn’t  even manage the account, but in this case it’s a little bit different. 

I do find it a bit ironic that the guy ramming home how weird it is spends so much time on a football forum. 

32 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Of course he is but virtually every football fan worldwide understands that sport resides in a completely different bubble to regular workplaces. Of course if you are running a one man campaign to outlaw singing at football on the basis that you wouldn’t walk up to the deli counter in Tesco and sing how great Asda is and how the trolley collector is a fat useless bar steward and I just missed then fair doos to you, I hold my hands up and admit I misjudged you. That you are a well known troll in here would suggest that you are less concerned about the creepiness of someone sending a message of support to a local sportsperson and more concerned with frantically refreshing your browser to see how many bites you have got (this one included)

40 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Well, you are so that adds up pretty nicely. 

Funnily enough the Germans have invested in us due to being such a community club, Dunfermline are pretty good at the community club stuff, that's why despite having a similar population outreach to Raith we have a far bigger fanbase contributing more money to the club on a monthly base. 

This Dunfermline fud better not see the interaction that Marvin Andrews has on his social media with fans from Raith and Rangers. My god his head will explode. He talks about creepy fans he's the creep stalking Raith fans on a topic that's got nothing to do with his club.

18 minutes ago, Daz80 said:

Think in most cases it would be pretty weird an adult sending a private message to a footballer saying great game or whatever to a top flight footballer who probably  doesn’t  even manage the account, but in this case it’s a little bit different. 

It's really not. 

14 minutes ago, Raithie said:

I might slide into Grant228's DM's, he sounds lonely. 

On the contrary, I message people I actually know, about things and stuff. 

As a Raith fan though I presume that Mendy, Hendry and whoever else isn't getting back to you so there must be a big dm shaped hole in your life. 

26 minutes ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

You do understand this website is build on messaging people you don’t know?

Built on discussing football matters. No ones firing onto PnB to fire private messages off to people on matters relating to there life, if they are, that's weird. 

Instagram isn't built on privately messaging people you don't know. 

Again, I'm not trolling when I say it's weird behaviour, neither are the other posters who have came on and said it's also weird, they are saying it, and I'm saying it because it is really weird behaviour. 

26 minutes ago, Toby said:

Without wanting to go back through all the posts, is there any context to this? Does the guy know the player? Are they mates? Friends of friends? Or just complete strangers whose only link is that one happens to be employed by the football club the other supports?

No major problem really if it’s one of the first two or maybe the third, but if it’s the latter and the fan is over the age of about 13 I’d definitely think it’s a bit weird.

Would say the same for adults getting the name of a player who’s younger than him on the back of their jersey. We’re heading into Jay Beatty’s da’ territory, here.

He happens to be employed by a football club he supports. 

But it's less weird, because he's from Europe, and Raith are a community club (unlike any other) or something, apparently. 

Crowd w**k klaxon sounded.

The fact that Pars fans spend so much time on here shouldn't be surprising, by all accounts they were fucking mince yesterday and most of their fans are sad losers, its really no fucking wonder they turn up on here looking for something better. 

The fact that Pars fans spend so much time on here shouldn't be surprising, by all accounts they were fucking mince yesterday and most of their fans are sad losers, its really no fucking wonder they turn up on here looking for something better. 

Aye there’s a fair few who can’t help themselves. Where’s that Poet of the Macabre got to, he was never off our thread but seems to have vanished?

Pretty sure all social media has a 'private' function for anyone who doesn't want to receive unsolicited dms. 

Obviously if you have no mates and no-one ever dms you, you might not know about this so we should go easy on wee Granty. 

2 hours ago, Toby said:

Nando is a follower on my Instagram page.

Different strokes for different folks. Horses for courses etc etc.

Some dude has DM’d a footballer granted it’s a bit star struck behaviour for an adult but who gives a f**k Nando seems happy enough to play along.

Hendry’s pass though, I’d slip into his DMs any day - whit a baw young man.