Raith V Morton

1 hour ago, mealsonwheels said:

Why would that be weird behaviour?

No difference from the contact I have on social media in regards to my business.

Maybe people like you are the problem with society. 

Messaging someone you don't know on social media is odd behaviour. 

Are you asking Mendy business related questions? 

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

And as I've said before you're a dick. 

Aye, but then I'm not terrified of some nonce hunter group knocking my door, so their is that. 

Done a wee spiel about 5 things we learned from the game here.

Delighted with the performance today. We've played three games against clubs who we'll need to finish above and won them all. Our next four league games are against teams who will be either there or thereabouts. Collectively, Morton couldn't handle the likes of Armstrong, Ross, Hendry and Tait. Loko had a quiet game but still offered a lot for the team whether through knockdowns or defensive work. It's even better we've done it without three key players. Top of the league, top scorers, fewest conceded. Nando on the scoresheet is excellent too - he had a torrid time at the start of the season but I'm very much looking forward to him humiliating the Dundee fans when we inevitably beat them in the playoffs. Not that I'm getting carried away. 

2 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

You could say that about pretty much any football team. 

And if Hopkin hadn't wasted the budget on a bunch of sand-dancers (James fucking Wallace, anyone?), contract extensions for deadwood as well as ineffectual loan signings who can't even punt Kalvin Orsi out of the team then we'd have a solidly competitive team regardless of our short term restraints. The greatly increased MCT contributions and the woeful standard of the division would see to that.

I'm still feeling more confident that we'll preserve our league status for the new ownership model to take effect than before the season began, but the decision-making this summer and results like this have to turn scrutiny towards the management team's role going forward into the new regime. I suspect that few in the current/new board will want to rock the boat any further right now but managers have to earn the trust to make best use of the club's - i.e. the fans' from 2021 - resources. Even if we end up finishing 7th with 30 points or something this season that test is not being passed.

Edited by vikingTON

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye, but then I'm not terrified of some nonce hunter group knocking my door, so their is that. 

At the same time you believe evbig Jim tells you!

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Isnt that what social media is all about? Interaction?

I was commending him on his performance and as a fan of my club that I have a vested interest in. 

Unsure why it upsets you so much but it must be that you have some sort of conscience and want to vent that onto someone else. 

Oh and by the way you actually are a dick!

1 hour ago, mealsonwheels said:

Isnt that what social media is all about? Interaction?

I was commending him on his performance and as a fan of my club that I have a vested interest in. 

Unsure why it upsets you so much but it must be that you have some sort of conscience and want to vent that onto someone else. 

Oh and by the way you actually are a dick!

It doesn't upset me, commenting on a footballers Instagram photo? Sound. 

Sliding into a footballers dm's? Absolutely one for watching. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

It doesn't upset me, commenting on a footballers Instagram photo? Sound. 

Sliding into a footballers dm's? Absolutely one for watching. 

One is never clear on this, remind us please on the correct etiquette on the delivery of DM's  to the echelon's of society?

Hopkins:

"We didn't start the game well. It was a soft penalty. From where I was it didn't even look as if it was in the box...Jim was bemused when he got a red card. Once I see it on Monday, we'll see what we can do about it. Second half, we concede within two or three minutes. Four goals were avoidable."

Aye, 1-0 would maybe have been a fair result.

3 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

One is never clear on this, remind us please on the correct etiquette on the delivery of DM's  to the echelon's of society?

Do you personally know them? Are you trying to start a relationship with them? In both these instances, dm away. 

If not? Don't be a creep. I honestly don't get why any self respecting adult is away messaging footballers. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Do you personally know them? Are you trying to start a relationship with them? In both these instances, dm away. 

If not? Don't be a creep. I honestly don't get why any self respecting adult is away messaging footballers. 

Did big Jim endores your German connection? You certainly know what happened the last time now f**k off!

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Why are you interacting with someone on a forum full of strangers with DM facilities?

Raith Rovers is a community club, the players are more familiar with supporters than you would know.

There is a culture of contact between the supporters, management, players and staff at the club, and at no time have I seen evidence of this being creepy.

If either party decides to join a forum where exchanges of messages are a part of this, they are free to do so and enter into discourse as they feel comfortable in doing.

Please take your 'Shock Jock' attitude away from here.

Rovers really were superb today. Great movement and attacking intent. Regan Hendry’s pass was perfection and great to see Mendy score. Had one over hit pass that caused us a bit of trouble but other than that looked solid. I’m still looking as these wins as points away from the relegation spots at the moment but we are a joy to watch and it’s been an incredible start

Why are you interacting with someone on a forum full of strangers with DM facilities?
Raith Rovers is a community club, the players are more familiar with supporters than you would know.
There is a culture of contact between the supporters, management, players and staff at the club, and at no time have I seen evidence of this being creepy.
If either party decides to join a forum where exchanges of messages are a part of this, they are free to do so and enter into discourse as they feel comfortable in doing.
Please take your 'Shock Jock' attitude away from here.

I’m with the townie on this. An adult DM’ing footballers is weird!

1 hour ago, true_rover said:
1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

I’m with the townie on this. An adult DM’ing footballers is weird!

Especially if you then share it with others to show you've done it!

Shared his feedback ie: he is working hard for the team and fans! Iv spoken with many players in the past too. You guys honestly are pretty fked up to think anything other than a supporter showing support to a player who has had a hard time over the past year.

Again perceiving something like sending a message to congratulate is anything more than that is pretty fked up.

You guys need to take a long hard look in the mirror. Prob one of the people who will walk down to get the Sunday paper and look in disgust when a stranger says morning to you!

Edited by mealsonwheels

Hopkins:
 "We didn't start the game well. It was a soft penalty. From where I was it didn't even look as if it was in the box...Jim was bemused when he got a red card. Once I see it on Monday, we'll see what we can do about it. Second half, we concede within two or three minutes. Four goals were avoidable."
Aye, 1-0 would maybe have been a fair result.

If this is genuinely the opinion of Morton’s manager after that game I’d be slightly worried if I was a Morton fan. The fans on here have acknowledged that the Rovers bossed every area of the pitch yesterday and were the better team. If your manager is walking away from a 5-0 hammering thinking you were unlucky then is he even going to change anything? I’m not sure if Morton had a bad day or not but the manager should be furious as they were hammered by a team that’s just been promoted.