Raith V Morton

Davo reportedly limping and wincing down the tunnel with help does NOT sound good. Nando looking decent, but that pass...oy.

Edit: Partick trailing Falkirk at the half...oh the karma.

Edited by TxRover

We've ceded a fair bit of the ball since the red card, definitely had one eye on half time. 

Some of the football was been good, but we haven't had to be excellent thanks to Morton failing at some of the most basic aspects of the game. 

I'd need to see the red card again to judge properly, but this is a situation we should now be taking full advantage of. 

Similar to last week, Lokotsch hasn't been in the game as much as he'd like in terms of shots and chances, but he's winning his headers and holding the ball up, which is bringing our midfield into the game. Ross and Tait haven't had to be brilliant but they're still causing bother, and Armstrong has been everywhere. With Musonda helping to double and sometimes triple up on Fjortoft, we look very dangerous on that left hand side. 

An early third and this could be anything, but the longer it goes at 2-0 and we've seen this unfamiliar defence have the capacity for nervousness. But, as I've said, we should see this one out comfortably. 

Morton have been markedly better since McAllister went off. They weren't far off grabbing a goal at the end of the half so I'm happy we got into half time. Need to make sure we're dictating in the midfield with Tait and Hendry. Lokotsch has been quite isolated but his hold up play has been brilliant at points. Hopefully he can get a goal in the second half to boost his confidence. 

As Hank Scorpio says, Ross and Armstrong have both been brilliant. Musonda looks really comfortable at left back - he's got more goals than matches played in his favoured position. 

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Davo reportedly limping and wincing down the tunnel with help does NOT sound good. Nando looking decent, but that pass...oy.

Edit: Partick trailing Falkirk at the half...oh the karma.

I agree with the boys on commentary. I think the pass was fine - for Benedictus. It was Matthews' error trying to put his head to it. 

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yeah, doesn’t look great and probably confirms what I initially thought; that the red was for the tackle and not the perceived reaction.

I knew straight away it was for the tackle. All from his own terrible first touch. The 2nd touch tackle has been a feature of everyone in our midfield except McPake.

How can you be so narrow that you have opposing full backs in five yards of space inside your box, while also failing to get near anything fired low into the middle?

This as bad as any performance in the first half of last season.