Raith V Morton

8 minutes ago, port-ton said:

How's raiths streaming service gone so far?

Superb. Easy to register, payments can be done via paypal. Commentary team try to generally act with as little bias as possible while obviously still supporting Rovers. Not seen anyone mention any issues. 

We don't use Pixelot either, we've opted to have a manually operated camera. 

Sounds pretty much like ours, much is it?

On the game,should go into it with confidence after yesterday's comeback. 

I'd like to see Oliver or Macavier come in for Orsi. I like the big man but nothing has really came off for him so far so would like to see a change there. Both did well when they came on yesterday and either of them would give us more movement up top.

Expect Jacobs will come back in.

Wouldn't mind seeing Omar get some game time, possibly resting Nesbitt who hasn't done much last few games or Salkeld.

Hard to guess what Hopkin will do right enough.

Impressed with Raiths start, should be a good game.

How has Tumility been for you?

1-1.

2 hours ago, madton said:

I'd like to see Oliver or Macavier come in for Orsi. I like the big man but nothing has really came off for him so far so would like to see a change there. Both did well when they came on yesterday and either of them would give us more movement up top.

Expect Jacobs will come back in.

Wouldn't mind seeing Omar get some game time, possibly resting Nesbitt who hasn't done much last few games or Salkeld.

Hard to guess what Hopkin will do right enough.

Impressed with Raiths start, should be a good game.

How has Tumility been for you?

1-1.

Should be £10 £12

Tumilty doing quite well, providing nice service down the wing and a good scoring threat.

Edited by TxRover

I can't say I recognise many of the Morton line up but maybe I'm a bit out of touch with the Championship after a few years in League 1. I believe they were on a good run prior to the end of last season and they've made a pretty decent start to this season, so it will be another good test of where we are.

A win here would cap a great start and probably have us one third of the way to safety after four matches.

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

20 hours ago, madton said:

In terms of the result perhaps but if we play that poorly again we'll get hammered by a good half of the division and would lose this game quite comfortably. Jacobs needs to start instead of Blues and I'd ditch one of the forwards as well. If we weren't both wide open to attack and inept on the ball in the first place then there'd have been no need for a comeback.

Expecting a tough game here, few people tipped Morton to struggle preseason but they’ve started well just a point behind us with a loss to Dundee. The Ayr game seems a strange one didn’t see it but looks like Ayr just collapsed in the final 10 minutes. So Morton definitely have goals in them and fight till the final whistle. I’d like to fancy us to nick this one with home advantage and really we need to be doing that to ensure we stay away from the wrong end of the table. If we can continue our good run it would be a phenomenal start to the season before a tough trip to the Highlands and our first showdown with the Pars. I’ll go 2-1 Rovers with goals from Duku and Armstrong.

I was having a look at our home form since the start of our first season in League 1. By my reckoning we’ve lost 8 out of 67 competitive games at home since the start of the 17/18 season. A pretty good record.

Fingers crossed Duku is fit for Saturday, he was a big miss v Dundee. Ideally MacDonald is fit but if not Musonda looks to be getting fitter week by week and I have no issues with him at LB. Would be nice to see Vaughan get a bit of time on the park from the bench if he’s able.

I was having a look at our home form since the start of our first season in League 1. By my reckoning we’ve lost 8 out of 67 competitive games at home since the start of the 17/18 season. A pretty good record.

Fingers crossed Duku is fit for Saturday, he was a big miss v Dundee. Ideally MacDonald is fit but if not Musonda looks to be getting fitter week by week and I have no issues with him at LB. Would be nice to see Vaughan get a bit of time on the park from the bench if he’s able.

I think regardless of how he thinks he’s doing, a week off for MacDonald would be very helpful. I like Musonda and he doesn’t hide at LB like you’d expect from a centre back but we can’t pretend Macca won’t be a miss. Suspect it’ll be at least a week too soon for Vaughan too, maybe more.

Duku is the key. If he’s fit I’m confident. Having said that, we seem to say it every week but this feels like a bit of an acid test. Morton look like being solid mid-table fodder, a good/poor run of form might see them flirt with promotion/relegation play-offs but you can probably bank on them finishing 5th-7th. A home win over them might suggest we’re capable of challenging at the right end, a defeat less so.

Our league fixtures after this are ICT-Pars-Ayr-Hearts as well. Quite a big game I think.

44 minutes ago, Paco said:

I think regardless of how he thinks he’s doing, a week off for MacDonald would be very helpful. I like Musonda and he doesn’t hide at LB like you’d expect from a centre back but we can’t pretend Macca won’t be a miss. Suspect it’ll be at least a week too soon for Vaughan too, maybe more.

Duku is the key. If he’s fit I’m confident. Having said that, we seem to say it every week but this feels like a bit of an acid test. Morton look like being solid mid-table fodder, a good/poor run of form might see them flirt with promotion/relegation play-offs but you can probably bank on them finishing 5th-7th. A home win over them might suggest we’re capable of challenging at the right end, a defeat less so.

Our league fixtures after this are ICT-Pars-Ayr-Hearts as well. Quite a big game I think.

If Duku isn't fit, hopefully we've at least learned that to get the best out of Loko we need to get the ball into his feet.

MacDonald hasn't missed a game since signing for us and I would agree that similar to Duku we'd be better resting him for a week. Frankie might not offer the threat on the overlap but he increases our set piece threat. I wouldn't fancy him deputising there long term but for a couple of games he'd be fine.

Think last week was a tough ask and maybe not a great reflection on Loko as we didn't create too much first half.He did carve out the wee chance in second half which if he hit quicker would have been a goal, instead the defender got the block in.

At times against QOS especially first half and late in the game last week we looked good bombing forward in numbers.  Fancy us to get a couple of goals Saturday. 

Edited by Flemboflem

At the start of the season my gut feeling was that we would be there or thereabouts at the level of the likes of Morton, so this will be an interesting test to see how far we have come. 

We've started the season really well, but are still something of a surprise package.  Saturday showed how tough it can be for us at times if Hendry and Tait aren't having a good game, and showed that we really miss Duku.

Should be an even game though and hopefully an entertaining one.  

Loco was more effective, as noted, in the second half as he settled in. He showed a nice touch and was looking for the cross early on at the beginning of the first half, but he's need to look longer because he hadn't played with the others cost him the opportunity. Would like Duku for 60 and Loco for 30, perhaps.

Rest KMAc, hate to say it, but just rest the lad. Frankie can do the job.