Ayr United vs Dunfermline Athletic

Cammy Smith looking like an absolute find on that left hand side, milles better than Forrest IMO. 
4-2 Ayr

No i think he looks just as good as Forrest if not slightly better

I had just watched the highlights of yesterday's game when I wrote the first one about Smith because he looked really good and I was trying to leech out a positive to hide the garbage defending. Still think he'd be better then Forrest in terms of goals and assists over a season

When it's as windy as it was on Saturday  any win is very welcome, especially with Ryan Dow missing. Not going to lose any sleep over the goals coming from set plays. We knew that we were not going to find a striker who would replace all of Nisbet's goals alone so it's good to see us carrying a varied goal threat. Pars being a threat from set pieces is a novelty.  

1 hour ago, Shandön Par said:

When it's as windy as it was on Saturday  any win is very welcome, especially with Ryan Dow missing. Not going to lose any sleep over the goals coming from set plays. We knew that we were not going to find a striker who would replace all of Nisbet's goals alone so it's good to see us carrying a varied goal threat. Pars being a threat from set pieces is a novelty.  

Pars having this good a start to the season is a bit of a novelty, is it not?

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Stattos may say otherwise but a feature of Crawford's reign seems to be long spells of winning followed by long spells of losing followed by long spells of meh. Hopefully we can grind out one more win before meh or shite kicks in. 

Probably the hardest fixture for us so far. Seen lots of good stuff in parts of our games, but it's getting on my tits how we keep sitting deep when we go ahead in games. Think we need to try staying on the front foot when we're dominating games. 

Edited by Chubbychops

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Probably the hardest fixture for us so far. Seen lots of good stuff in parts of our games, but it's getting on my tits how we keep sitting deep when we go ahead in games. Think we need to try staying on the front foot when we're dominating games. 

This could be a fair description of how I see this game from an Ayr point of view. 👏

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

We had a very good start to season 2017-18 then decided to turn absolutely shite at the drop of a hat.

But that's all it is really: a good start. This will probably be our toughest test yet. I expect more from Ayr than Inverness given their attacking options are far from being complete turd. Moffat looks like he has lost some amount of weight and can still carry the ball well. Bruce Anderson is a bit like Shankland to me; can find tiny pockets in a flash to get on the end of things. Cammy Smith is a fantastic signing for any team in this league as well.

This is going to be a really tough game. Couldn't call it tbh. I hope Ryan Dow and Aaron Comrie are back though, that will give us the best chance of getting a win. 

3 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Not particularly, I've not known us to be particularly renowned for being slow starters, there will be seasons where it happens, but likewise we have seasons where we start well, I'd imagine they cancel each other out to have us as average. 

Compare that to say Brentford, who start pretty abysmally normally and it's fairly well known they will. 

What has the Ayr TV service been like so far? 

As long as it doesn't have a fetish for bald linesmen then I will probably sign up. 

Ayr seem to have pretty decent attacking options so think this will be the hardest game of the season so far. Hopefully we got our defensive howlers out of the way last week. 

On 01/11/2020 at 20:16, rb123! said:

No i think he looks just as good as Forrest if not slightly better

Forrest scored over 50 goals for us and likely that number again in assists.

Smith has played 2 games for us.