Ayr United vs Dunfermline Athletic

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Do Dunfermline seriously think they can challenge Hearts...

Well if you mean can we challenge them to the title.  No.
But if you mean can we take points off them, then no. 

Why not play McManus and O'Hara? Neither are going to do much alone up top, even with Thomas taking the piss out of full backs. 

11 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Two teams cancelling each other out, with the result being a pretty drab stalemate. Both teams had spells of dominance in the second half but there was a lack of quality in the final third from both sides. 

We need to get Anderson and Smith into the opposition box. If we don't, we aren't going to cause teams problems, more so at home.

I hope getting Walsh back brings some much needed quality because on today's showing its badly needed. 

The same players played some great attacking and link up play last week, so I wouldn't be writing them off just yet.

It basically looked like two teams who were intent on not being beaten as opposed to either trying to win, so in that respect both Managers are probably quite happy.

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Raith most impressive team so far

They've had the easiest start in fairness, ideal run for them especially coming from the title win. Some impressive results though. 

Considering the injuries, and the players missing a draw away to Ayr where we were marginally the better side can't be sniffed at, it's been a good start to the season for us points wise.

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The same players played some great attacking and link up play last week, so I wouldn't be writing them off just yet.

It basically looked like two teams who were intent on not being beaten as opposed to either trying to win, so in that respect both Managers are probably quite happy.

If Kerr was in any way happy with that performance he wants sacked.  But he won’t be, so Kerrball continues. 

19 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

My observation isn't a criticism of the quality of either player. More the roles both are finding themselves in, but especially today. We didn't get in behind often enough today which is where we'll see the best of both players.

Most of our play was in front of a well drilled Dunfermline team. I didn't think our tempo overall or quality in the final third was anywhere near where it needs to be. 

I thought Zanatta looked decent on the odd occasion he got on the ball.

Hopefully for the Dundee game we can play Zanatta and Walsh on either side with Smith in behind. Not entirely sure who I would play up front though, potentially Moffat.

Edited by No_Problemo

54 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

They've had the easiest start in fairness, ideal run for them especially coming from the title win. Some impressive results though. 

Considering the injuries, and the players missing a draw away to Ayr where we were marginally the better side can't be sniffed at, it's been a good start to the season for us points wise.

Nah can't agree man. Comrie and Martin being out doesn't excuse our lack of threat today and last week. Dow was out last week but came on today and it didn't make much difference.

4 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Anyone on here responsible for Ayr PPV?

Whats the easiest way to get a refund?

Have tried emailing, I guess lots of people similar.

Emailing will be the best way. Have a bit of patience.

35 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nah can't agree man. Comrie and Martin being out doesn't excuse our lack of threat today and last week. Dow was out last week but came on today and it didn't make much difference.

Comrie would have got forward more than mayo and Martin would have added security that would allowed Thomas to stay higher up the pitch and potentially playing Dow in midfield and having Murray out wide.

I think the main issue causing the lack of chances today was our midfield being too far away from McManus,  A stronger back 4 would allowed them to set themselves higher up.

Just now, parsforlife said:

Comrie would have got forward more than mayo and Martin would have added security that would allowed Thomas to stay higher up the pitch and potentially playing Dow in midfield and having Murray out wide.

I think the main issue causing the lack of chances today was our midfield being too far away from McManus,  A stronger back 4 would allowed them to set themselves higher up.

So you're seriously saying we can't carry an attacking threat without our first choice left and right backs?! Or at least our attacking threat is greatly reduced?! 

Absolutely nonsense. We had the ball well up the pitch plenty of times today and failed to create chances. There's a clear disconnect when we get in to the final third, which has been evident in all of our games.

In the second half Thomas was cleared frustrated with it and so started trying to do it all himself.

Edwards is a much more attack minded player than Martin incidentally. Also our back four was perfectly fine today anyway, as it has been in all games we've played so far.