Ayr United vs Dunfermline Athletic

Well, that was pish.

Can't say too much about the first half because I barely saw it. Second half was mostly Dunfermline, but you could probably count the goalkeeper saves on one hand. 

From Ayrs point of view, there seemed to be very little link-up play between the front three, play seemed very disjointed and there was no fluidity. The last 5-10 minutes, we were ran over again and Dunfermline being poor in the final third definitely saved us. 

Bit of a shitfest, draw fair result and I’m happy enough with that.  

Pitch is an absolute mess given it’s been barely used for months. 

think the ref did fine, didn’t really have any big calls to make tho.

Stream was quite poor,  I don’t understand why they choose such a bad place to film from and the camera work was very amateur.

Edited by parsforlife

4 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Not a bad point perhaps given that Dunfermline have been flying, but very few positives for us.  I hate to knock the Au media guys but the stream, camera work and picture quality was awful.

The light fading didn't help, the floodlights didn't help the cameras much

1 minute ago, D.A.F.C said:

Refund request sent in.
Watched pixelot without an issue.

I watched 30 seconds, defender lumped the ball up the park and the camera stayed on him for a good 5 seconds afterwards, gave flashbacks to the Inverness game and I went back to the official stream. 

7 minutes ago, All-Star-Par said:

Crawford shat it taking McManus off at the end instead of going two up top. If we are going to put in a challenge to Hearts we need another proven striker on the books. 

If we're going to challenge we have to be much better than we were last week and today. The total lack of chances is very concerning. An extra striker won't remedy that. He'd just be someone else who isn't getting chances.

We were overly defensive, yet again our best players were defenders. Created nothing from open play, played one up front , failed to get players into the attacking penalty box, set pieces were shockingly bad. Constantly failed to beat the first man at corners.

Two poor teams yet if we had gone for it I think we would have won.  

The worrying thing is the level of our performances ,  I dont think we have played well for more than 15-20 minutes in any game this season.  

No idea why we took McManus off for O’Hara. The ideal replacement there was taking a leggy Whittaker off for O’Hara and playing two up front and going for it. The 3 points were definitely there for the taking.

Two teams cancelling each other out, with the result being a pretty drab stalemate. Both teams had spells of dominance in the second half but there was a lack of quality in the final third from both sides. 

We need to get Anderson and Smith into the opposition box. If we don't, we aren't going to cause teams problems, more so at home.

I hope getting Walsh back brings some much needed quality because on today's showing its badly needed.