Arbroath v Queens

Queens started well and you can see how good Dobbie is, a class act and at 37 or so - he had a fairly good career, but surprised he never played for the national team. They probably had the better start but solid enough defending. TOB is a huge player for Arbroath, an absolute solid and brilliant performance yesterday.

Second half, we probably deserved the three points. A draw might well be about fair, but the last 25 mins or so we really pushed on and just unlucky not to grab a winner. Ruth made a massive difference when he came on, what a player he looks. I think Miko is superb too, such an important and clever player who can tackle, spot a pass, and take the heat out of a game or when the opposition is darting forward or on the counter. Linn was good, and I'd always start him, I am biased a bit as he's a legend, but thought he had a decent game yesterday. I like Luke, and offers a lot to the team, but I feel he holds up the ball for too long at times. I'm not sure about Hilson, TBH, he's gifted and quick on the ball ; but often feels play breaks down when it comes to him or he over cooks his balls in to the mix or the other side.

Overall after four games, there is a lot to be optimistic about. The Raith game was a bit of a disaster ; but they've improved tenfold since then, so I'll write that off as a bad day plus TOB was suspended. We dug in very well against Hertz ; had moments against Caley and played reasonably well yesterday. It's going to be a slog this year, and less games to be played, but I think we'll win a few more games once we get probably going. Fingers crossed in January we can get some form of distanced crowds back at Gayfield and fitba in the general.

The camera wasn't great, but it was a bit of an improvement from last week at Inverness. It helps being closer to the pitch. It's better than nothing though, and if they can work out. Commentating was fine too - decent, pro-Arbroath but respectful to QOTS too and not OTT either. I'll no doubt pay a tenner again, but is there no amateur Lichtie camera man who could come and do it for us?

Anyhoos onwards and upwards, and looking forward to seeing more of Ruth and I want Hilson to prove me (so far) wrong that he's a player.

Can't say I am too optimistic about the future, but time will tell. Must make more of our opportunities. As for the camera, impossible to tell what was happening near the goal or on the far side of the pitch. You have to be a real die hard to watch this.

5 hours ago, Bluenortherner said:

FFS, they did absolutely fine. Real fans doing their bit for the club and the worldwide viewers.
I was happy to see the game irrespective of the quality; I’m going to miss watching Queens when the fans return and the streaming stops.

I thought the commentators did ok and they acknowledged themselves they were no professionals at it.   Felt a bit sorry for them having to keep apologising for the Pixellot coverage as well.  The tweets,  etc,  from overseas supporters and the Twirl chat got a bit monotonous but there was maybe some less exciting moments during the game which  they felt they had to fill in.