Arbroath v Queens

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

BBC stats suggesting Arbroath had 11 corners and we didn’t concede from any of them. Really? emoji50.png

The Arbroath players should hang their heads in shame. 

Edited by Fae_the_'briggs

11 minutes ago, Mr X said:

You are using them, I assume for everything but the camera footage. To be honest, its hard to know why

Much like Queens the camera was all over the place second half, lost the ball far more often than the first half doing the  "Pixellot Swing (c)" every now and again.

The commentators were ok. Probably the opposite of the Ayr team in terms of enthusiasm and while I get its Arbroaths TV Im not sure they needed to be quite so partisan wanting an Arbroath winner. I think we all knew who they wanted to win

On the game, I dont think we really played much worse than previous games but came out with a draw. It was the classic game of two halves. Both teams had a half on top and created a few half chances but neither did enough to deserve to win or lose 

The footage first half was ok. Not great but ok. It was worse in the second half. Not sure why but seemed to misplace the ball more often the longer it went on. I've no idea if Dobbie was booked for clattering Gaston as the commentators guessed or for a dive. He looked to be in on goal and then the camera swung away to halfway so Christ knows!

I don't want to get overly critical of the commentary but they were the most amateur I've heard so far and regularly mis-identified our players, confusing Shields and Pybus regularly, had Maxwell playing both full back positions and indeed thought we were in a back three for the first half hour (we were quite definitely in a back four from the word go). And Twirl-gate was amusing for the first 10 seconds, not the rest of the 10 mins it seemed to last for. They are clearly commentating off a feed whilst in the ground which causes irritating issues with whistles too.

I thought we were the better side first half, deserved our lead, and could well have had another with Shields and East failing with good opportunities. I don't recall Arbroath having an effort of note first half. On the other hand they dominated the 2nd half. Bad error letting Linn in far too easily for the goal and never really recovered although we did offer at least some threat in the last 10 mins. Arbroath should have done better when they hit the bar though. I thought over the piece a draw was fair but I expect Arbroath will be the more disappointed having been on top after it went 1-1 and being the home side.

It's a point and that was important. We didn't lose a goal from a set piece (hurrah!). I actually thought we played probably our worst game of the season other than the Partick Thistle cup game though. If we'd played like we did at Ayr or even Dunfermline we could have won.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

A bit disappointing to come away with just a point after dominating the second half and creating chances to bag the winner. A pretty mediocre first half by us and Queens deserved to be ahead at half time but whatever DC said at halt time certainly had an effect. Anyway a point on the board now onwards and upwards...hopefully.

As for the coverage give it 6 out of ten it was watchable.

Guest 4RedCards
2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

BBC stats suggesting Arbroath had 11 corners and we didn’t concede from any of them. Really? emoji50.png

Think it’s becoming obvious we have a shite midfield who don’t defend and can’t create, be a long season for the forwards and defence.

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Does this mean management team monitor this board and had the players practice defending crosses/corners in training this week:thumsup2

Does this mean management team monitor this board and had the players practice defending crosses/corners in training this week:thumsup2

Well I've been complaining about us being shite at them for 3 years and we haven't improved. So either "Naw", or they just have me on ignore [emoji38]

Well Pixalot, even when working, proved to be as bad as many had expected. As the light faded the video deteriorated and it became hard to follow the action on the far side of the pitch. Can't say that I'm looking forward to more of the same over the coming weeks. I had thought that streaming would be better than nothing, but it seems Simon was right about it after all.

Just lumping high balls upfield out of defence isn't really building from the back, as the commentators seemed to think. 

The game itself was bog standard for two teams struggling to get some points on the board. As has been said, Queens had the better of the first half and we were on top in the second. It was a better point for Queens than for us, from what I could see. Thought Ruth made a difference when he came on with his pace and running at the Queens defence. Need to up our game next week, Morton will up to prove a point after yesterday's result.