Largs Thistle

28 minutes ago, not man of the match said:

No, they haven’t. That’s the issue.

All we’re getting is bullshit and deflection. It could have had a line drawn under it before kick off with some common sense and an explanation.

What a state to get yourself into.

No state here, just think it’s poor form from Largs and find it strange how people can defend it at a time when clubs need all the support and income they can get.

Largs could have just as easily got fined or at least took a bashing on here as Darvel had done in the summer if they didn't follow all the rules and protocols. The volunteer has come on here and said it has stressed him out and no need for any volunteer at any of our clubs to get grief. Be Kind ?

Anyway it's done and Largs is always a great day out. Looking forward to getting back there next season as always a game I look out for when fixtures come out although they have won quite easily last two games at Barrfields. Hopefully this Saturdays game will be closer.

Been to Large twice, excellent ground in a great setting. Not sure of the whole story re streaming, but this ain't Sky Sports, most clubs are trying their best to keep fans in the picture and film games. Expect the cameraman 📷 also doubles up as committee man or something, keep up the good work.  Who'd have thought even 1 year ago, folk would grumble about non league 'streaming' games.

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Been to Large twice, excellent ground in a great setting. Not sure of the whole story re streaming, but this ain't Sky Sports, most clubs are trying their best to keep fans in the picture and film games. Expect the cameraman 📷 also doubles up as committee man or something, keep up the good work.  Who'd have thought even 1 year ago, folk would grumble about non league 'streaming' games.

That's a big statement.

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Look to hopefully put this to bed. I have huge sympathy for Sunriser who has been honest about not feeling great. No-one expected him to just turn up and film when it was a problem. 

Issue - for what it was - was Bankies had wanted to film ( probably not stream ) the game - which was to be the first as a Senior Club. We were denied permission even though the people doing the filming were 2 of the 4 committee folk who were allowed to attend.  Thats what's led to disappointment among folk - ie the very first game would not be recorded. This was exacerbated when it was learned that a week later Rutherglen would be granted permission if it had gone ahead and Meadow this week. 

That said - I'd hope we can move on from this as it's in the past and there is no residual issue ( hopefully ) between the clubs. We look forward to hosting Largs - and esp Paul - for the return game. Best of luck to them for the season. 

1 hour ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Issue - for what it was - was Bankies had wanted to film ( probably not stream ) the game - which was to be the first as a Senior Club. We were denied permission even though the people doing the filming were 2 of the 4 committee folk who were allowed to attend.  Thats what's led to disappointment among folk - ie the very first game would not be recorded. This was exacerbated when it was learned that a week later Rutherglen would be granted permission if it had gone ahead and Meadow this week. 

This is the point i had been trying to make earlier  ... from our point of view we weren't asking or needing any physical input from Largs .... our guys were going to do the filming... i just wanted to know why this request was denied ... Largs were essentially not involved.

As far as I'm concerned this will be my last comment on the whole situation ... all the best to Sunriser.

• 3 weeks later...